[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

Any ideas on why none of these roms bring up the tick list for selecting more than one person to send a message to? Not sure if it was there on Flibble's Froyo rom, but it was there on Eclair.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the Stock Lock Screen. Just need the Stock Dialer now and I'll be a happy bunny!

Guest admanirv
Got a weird issue where my back button keeps flashing red whenever the screen is illuminated, is that intentional?

Think that is a notification or you have no signal?

regarding the lock screen i was getting a bit weary of it and was wishing for the old style . With this one you have to stoke downwards in circular motion where as the stock one you just flick horizontally with normally index finger - so easy , so new one seems odd having to go in circular motion. But as somebody pointed in earlier post , If you use your thumb , while holding in the same hand , it lends itself perfectly to the motion , so there is some logic to its design , a bit more than just eye candy , depends what you are used to i suppose

Guest ezablade
Newbie question ...

I downloaded the beebPlayer.apk posted above and copied it too /system/app. But it doesn't show up.

What's the correct procedure?

Thx

put the apk onto your sd card, open filer, go to the apk and click on it, your phone should ask if you want to install it, say yes and away it goes.

Guest admanirv

I have flashed the new rom which i generated from the kitchen, wiped both data and catch and I'm stuck in a loop where it goes to the modaco logo and back to the lock screen, saying i have no simcard in when i do!

Any ideas?

help!

Guest treschi
I have flashed the new rom which i generated from the kitchen, wiped both data and catch and I'm stuck in a loop where it goes to the modaco logo and back to the lock screen, saying i have no simcard in when i do!

Any ideas?

help!

Same problem here...

Guest buneech
I just tried setting up a L2TP/IPSec VPN, and it doesn't connect to the network.

Paul, i tried it again, copied the logcat: http://pastebin.com/vmWFn6bn

Issue: VPN Service doesn't seem to work.

Also, could you add this to build.prop? Fede Carnales tweeted a while ago that this increases finger scrolling smoothness (at least for launcherpro, but probably also for other launchers and ui elements):

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
And also change this in gps.conf, so that AGPS works:
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

Edited by buneech

Paul, i tried it again, copied the logcat: http://pastebin.com/vmWFn6bn

Issue: VPN Service doesn't seem to work.

Also, could you add this to build.prop? Fede Carnales tweeted a while ago that this increases finger scrolling smoothness (at least for launcherpro, but probably also for other launchers and ui elements):

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
And also change this in gps.conf, so that AGPS works:
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276[/code]

Just added the maxevents setting to try it on my phone, rebooting now.

Edit:- Seems a little smoother, but that might just be placebo. Anyone else fancy trying it?

Edited by cobhc

Perhaps i´m too stupid, but how can i delete(!) the apns? (i don´t have data in my contract, everywhere is free wlan/company wlan ...)

This would be very useful information. Does this method work? Any side effects?

I would like to stick my work SIM card in which doesn't have data.

Don't want to accidentally run up a huge bill :-)

Thx

CPU stays around 96% for me ;) - fixed

adb doesn't see the device at all

SC

I had to manually remove the already installed drivers/devices from device manager and then let windows reinstall, otherwise it wouldn't see that I'd even attached my phone to my computer.

Guest admanirv

I can confirm as post 1188 and 1187 after a wipe its still f**ked, using an o2 simcard. So the ROM is useless, do i have to rebake or is it another issue?

Perhaps i´m too stupid, but how can i delete(!) the apns? (i don´t have data in my contract, everywhere is free wlan/company wlan ...)

use the power control widget and just turn wifi on

or if you want to delete apn's the quickest and easiest way I've found is apn backup and restore from the market

take a backup before you delete though

Guest admanirv
I can confirm as post 1188 and 1187 after a wipe its still f**ked, using an o2 simcard. So the ROM is useless, do i have to rebake or is it another issue?

Tried an Orange SIM card with no sim lock and it works fine ;)

This would be very useful information. Does this method work? Any side effects?

I would like to stick my work SIM card in which doesn't have data.

Don't want to accidentally run up a huge bill :-)

Thx

I use an app from the market called APN backup and restore, as well as backing up and restoring - you can delete the APNs from the phone.

I find the tool useful when flashing lots of roms, because I am on tesco - which never appears in the APN list.

But for what you are trying to achieve - just turn the data connection off.