[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lljkpugna
I'm getting force closes on Messaging (process com.android.mms) when I exit the text app / finish sending a text / randomly. I'm using Swiftkey. Anyone else having similar issues? It worked fine on the earlier ROMs (Flibble's, StackBlack's)..

I fixed this by removing SetCPU, I think.

But now I have another problem: Am I being stupid, or is there no Dialer.apk included in this ROM?

IT'S HERE PEOPLE!

By popular request and after long, monotonous work by yours truly...

:P

alpha4 kitchen only for now, prebake to follow. ;)

P

Hey Paul .Is is possible to replace the stock dailer with cyanogenmod's apk? I replace the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk ,but it failed

I fixed this by removing SetCPU, I think.

But now I have another problem: Am I being stupid, or is there no Dialer.apk included in this ROM?

It's SmartDialer.apk.

Hey Paul .Is is possible to replace the stock dailer with cyanogenmod's apk? I replace the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk ,but it failed

I keep asking this, but it seems it's not a priority. I've tried modding them myself to get the Stock AOSP Dialer (not sure if the CM one is the same one), and I've gotten nowhere, but then again I'm not that knowledgeable with modding apps.

Guest ezablade
It's SmartDialer.apk.

Is that the ZTE Dialer? If so, does it FC when you dial a number that isn't in your phone book? The one in flibblesan's ROM does, which is a shame, because I like that dialer, and had to installer Dialer One to get something like it back.

Is that the ZTE Dialer? If so, does it FC when you dial a number that isn't in your phone book? The one in flibblesan's ROM does, which is a shame, because I like that dialer, and had to installer Dialer One to get something like it back.

I don't know, I've not tried dialing out on it yet.

Guest Junior Bear

When I flashed the alpha 3 last night. After it booted I got two force closes of the email app. Nit sure if its to worry about.

What is all this apn stuff mean??

Guest admanirv
It does on Orange, but not O2.

As suspected with a sim lock it doesnt like it at all, remove the simlock code and both orange and o2 sim cards work fine.

had to use another phone to remove the simlock on my o2 simcard.

A couple of problems I've noticed with alpha 3:

- When the ZTE lockscreen has been activated, I cannot get the screen unlocked with any gesture I've tried (the phone is with TFT screen).

- Even though I select Finnish as phone language, the menus are still in English. For example Swedish works.

Edited by Maigel

First off, Thanks for all your effort Paul. Fantastic progress with this project.

This thread is getting so long I may have missed a fix (but I don't think so!) for the issue with CKPD-daemon hogging the CPU and killing battery life. Have searched the forums but suggested fixes (like turn on mute when flipped) are already set on alpha4.

You mentioned earlier you had removed this process and your phone had become a bit snappier. I take it there were other issues as it's still included in this bake?

Regards

Sam

First off, Thanks for all your effort Paul. Fantastic progress with this project.

This thread is getting so long I may have missed a fix (but I don't think so!) for the issue with CKPD-daemon hogging the CPU and killing battery life. Have searched the forums but suggested fixes (like turn on mute when flipped) are already set on alpha4.

You mentioned earlier you had removed this process and your phone had become a bit snappier. I take it there were other issues as it's still included in this bake?

Regards

Sam

Do you still experience that on alpha 3/4? Just asking as I don't.

As suspected with a sim lock it doesnt like it at all, remove the simlock code and both orange and o2 sim cards work fine.

had to use another phone to remove the simlock on my o2 simcard.

I'll look into that. Using the Chinese lockscreen or the Froyo lockscreen?

P

Regards

Sam

This should be resolved in the latest alpha4?

P

Do you still experience that on alpha 3/4? Just asking as I don't.

I waited for alpha 4 before taking the plunge. baked a rom yesterday and have been having this problem.

Guest veehexx

i've moved back to villain 2.1 rom - this alpha3 release locked up on me on the lock screen as per any other 2.2 rom..

other than that - everything appeared to work fine!

Guest admanirv
I'll look into that. Using the Chinese lockscreen or the Froyo lockscreen?

P

Hi Paul, its using the froyo lock screen with an O2 payg simcard with a sim lock on it, seems one other guy is having the same problem.

Going into settings about the simlock also doesn't work well.

As a work around just remove the simlock with another phone and it works fine - but no simlock now.

Cheers

Guest stuartrace
regarding the lock screen i was getting a bit weary of it and was wishing for the old style . With this one you have to stoke downwards in circular motion where as the stock one you just flick horizontally with normally index finger - so easy , so new one seems odd having to go in circular motion. But as somebody pointed in earlier post , If you use your thumb , while holding in the same hand , it lends itself perfectly to the motion , so there is some logic to its design , a bit more than just eye candy , depends what you are used to i suppose

Unless you're left handed like me, and 10% of the rest of the population ;)

I still like the new one tho!

Hi Paul, its using the froyo lock screen with an O2 payg simcard with a sim lock on it, seems one other guy is having the same problem.

Going into settings about the simlock also doesn't work well.

As a work around just remove the simlock with another phone and it works fine - but no simlock now.

Cheers

As an interim fix use uncheck the stock Froyo unlock screen.

P