[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Fix for SMS? SMS works OK?

P

Well not a fix as such, but like I mentioned before, has Froyo in general lost the checklist when selecting more than one person to send an SMS to? Like where in the To box you used to be able to tap on the picture of a person and it would bring up the checklist.

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Sorry to be a pain and a little special ;)

Using Alpha3 (at present) and TouchPal fails for me (like for others) and dissappears as soon as I type anything.

Disabling the dictionary does work for it but I have tried to uninstall and reinstall to rectify but this doesn't seem to actually work :P

Would somebody please be so kind to outline how to remove TouchPal and reinstall please?

Fantastic work btw Paul you have given the SF a new lease of life :P

Has anyone managed to get the Exchange calendar sync working with alpha3? It is syncing my E-Mails fine, but when I try and sync the calendar the sync icon appear in the task bar very briefly for about half a second and then dissapears. I can get my phone to sync my Google calendar, but I would ideally like it to sync with Exchange if it is possible.

Many thanks Paul for your hard work on this ROM - I can't believe how quick and stable it is ;).

I thought I would update this - I have just installed alpha4 from the online kitchen, and I formatted the system and cache etc, and the first thing I did after upgrading was to try and setup the Exchange sync. Again, it is doing emails fine but not the calendar. Is there something that I am missing?!

Guest Simon O
Well not a fix as such, but like I mentioned before, has Froyo in general lost the checklist when selecting more than one person to send an SMS to? Like where in the To box you used to be able to tap on the picture of a person and it would bring up the checklist.

You would have to use an alternative SMS application for that.

Guest buneech
Paul, i tried it again, copied the logcat: http://pastebin.com/vmWFn6bn

Issue: VPN Service doesn't seem to work.

Also, could you add this to build.prop? Fede Carnales tweeted a while ago that this increases finger scrolling smoothness (at least for launcherpro, but probably also for other launchers and ui elements):

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
And also change this in gps.conf, so that AGPS works:
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com

SUPL_PORT=7276

Paul? ;)

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60 appears to do diddly squat.

And regarding the lock screen, it's ugly, slow, but I don't see what the left handers are complaining about, I can use it with both hands, with ease! ;)

Guest Simon O
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60 appears to do diddly squat.

Confirmed. I've read reports elsewhere that it doesn't do anything. Maybe having HW acceleration enabled already does what that command is trying to do?

BTW the transparent zoom buttons are easy to fix.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest buneech
Confirmed. I've read reports elsewhere that it doesn't do anything. Maybe having HW acceleration enabled already does what that command is trying to do?

Could be. Maybe it's just a placebo effect ;)

Guest lljkpugna

Okay, I'm definitely being dumb, but I've flashed this ROM twice now, and there's no Dialer anywhere! I can see SmartDialer.apk in the ZIP file but can't access it from the phone... Help?

edit: Just installed Dialer One instead

Edited by lljkpugna

Guest Simon O

Quick fix for the horrible transparent zoom buttons and other transparent buttons that shouldn't be transparent. (for kitchen users)

If you want to use the ZTE Chinese lock screen (with the magnifying lens) then download this: zte-lockscreen.zip

If you want to use the original Android lock screen then download this: stock-lockscreen.zip

use the "Custom Ingredients" option in the rom kitchen and upload the correct zip. When building the ROM the kitchen should use the framework files from the zip.

Hopefully this will help people until Paul can produce a fix.

If you use SIM Lock then please do not use the stock Android lock screen as the replacement android.policy.jar does not support SIM lock.

Guest ScaredyCat
I had to manually remove the already installed drivers/devices from device manager and then let windows reinstall, otherwise it wouldn't see that I'd even attached my phone to my computer.

I'm a Linux cat ;)

SC

Guest MIKEYMC

Shoot me down if this is dumb. But multi touch is seriously messed up, is it the phone in general or the alpha 4 rom? Trying to play slice it and its all over the place. So tryed a multitouch test prgram and its definitely not working as it should.

Guest ScaredyCat
Did it work before?

Does it say no permissions when you run adb devices, or what happens?

Yes it worked fine before.

adb devices just lists no devices. adb logcat says waiting for device. I've killed and restarted the adb server. It's not a permissions issue. I am investigating though

SC

Guest ScaredyCat

Just noticed that the notifications pull down says MCR rather that the network you are on. Would be nice to have that back too.

nm, just being a retard.

SC

Edited by ScaredyCat

Guest nonamer123
or if you want to delete apn's the quickest and easiest way I've found is apn backup and restore from the market

Thx, that worked ;)

But isn´t it a bug, when the android-function doesn´t work?

When a apn is marked, press menu... exactly there is a "Delete" button, but not touchable :lol:

On my HTC Magic it works (also 2.2, but Cyanogen), so is this a fix from Cyanogen or a bug her in Pauls rom?

take a backup before you delete though

No ;) Really don´t want data ^^ ... And if, then i could manually add the right apn :P But thx for hint :P

Guest Ally Weir
Shoot me down if this is dumb. But multi touch is seriously messed up, is it the phone in general or the alpha 4 rom? Trying to play slice it and its all over the place. So tryed a multitouch test prgram and its definitely not working as it should.

i am on stock 2.1 and i have this problem as well. ive chalked it up to general pains in the arse

Guest renegade027

Kind of unrelated, but...how does one check for the size of the /system partition?

Since I am not aware of any way to shrink the system partition and expand the data partition on a Blade, I was wandering how much stuff I can put in the /system/app folder in a ROM zip file before the ROM becomes too large to flash successfully. My goal is to not need to move any apps to SD via neither the FroYo built-in Apps2SD or the old-style Apps2SD using a ext partition on the flash card. To do this I would normally need less than 50 mb extra space...

On another note - I've only had one screen freeze in 5 days (on Alpha 3) which is great compared to previous FroYo releases I've tried. Thank you very much Paul O'Brian for your commitment to this device.

Quick fix for the horrible transparent zoom buttons and other transparent buttons that shouldn't be transparent. (for kitchen users)

If you want to use the ZTE Chinese lock screen (with the magnifying lens) then download this: zte-lockscreen.zip

If you want to use the original Android lock screen then download this: stock-lockscreen.zip

use the "Custom Ingredients" option in the rom kitchen and upload the correct zip. When building the ROM the kitchen should use the framework files from the zip.

Hopefully this will help people until Paul can produce a fix.

If you use SIM Lock then please do not use the stock Android lock screen as the replacement android.policy.jar does not support SIM lock.

@flibllesan

Hi, do you have any news about the last thing we talk