[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul,

i just baked the alpha 4 with "Stock Froyo Lockscreen installed to /system partition" but the phone only reboots permanently. (using CR v2.5.0.9 Modaco r2, wiped cache and factory reset before, coming from "Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS3 (7/Dec)" ) - ZTE Blade OLED from England. ...alpha 3 prebaked just worked fine!

What I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your hard work!

Edited by Thoifl

Guest PeTiNgA
Hi Paul,

i just baked the alpha 4 with "Stock Froyo Lockscreen installed to /system partition" but the phone only reboots permanently. (using CR v2.5.0.9 Modaco r2, wiped cache and factory reset before, coming from "Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS3 (7/Dec)" ) - ZTE Blade OLED from England.

What I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your hard work!

Just had the same while checked "Froyo stock lockscreen" from the kitchen. Without Froyo stock lockscreen checked didn't had that problem.

Guest Chillimonster
Just had the same while checked "Froyo stock lockscreen" from the kitchen. Without Froyo stock lockscreen checked didn't had that problem.

I've had a couple of bad bakes with the R4 - no specific pattern, but re-baking the same rom and all is fine ;)

Guest LadFromWales

Does this ROM work on unlocked LCD models?

It keeps loopoing as soon as the lock screen appears. Sometimes it says Insert SIM Card, other times it doesnt, but it still repeatedly loops.

If I insert an Orange SIM it's fine.

Reverting to a backup of the stock Orange rom, the phone works fine with another SIM.

Guest LadFromWales

Right, got it working.

Cooked another build, this time I unticked Quickoffice and Stock Froyo Lockscreen.

Phone is happily running the ROM with an o2 SIM.

Going to cook another now, this time ticking SFL and still unticking Quickoffice.

Will update on how it goes...

Guest LadFromWales

Well, after cooking another build, this time with Stock Lockscreen, it again doesn't see my o2 sim and then loops back to MoDaCo splash.

Will have to live with ZTE Lockscreen for now I guess!

Does the Beautiful Widgets (or anyone elses) Airplane Widget work for anyone. I didn't try with the stock ROM, but it doesn't appear to work with either the MoDaCo Eclair or Froyo ROMs.

Symptoms:

If I try and select airplane mode via the widget then nothing happens apart from the widget status changing and a phone vibration.

If the mode is selected via the power button then the widget correctly shows the state. I can also turn airplane mode off via the widget.

Curious (to me)

Guest Simon O
Yeah, stock lockscreen leads to reboot loop for me too (t-mobile with pin).

Stock lockscreen doesn't support pin locked sim cards. It'll be a difficult fix as the functionality just isn't there in the files used.

Baked another alpha 4 rom at 16:10 today and am still getting high CKPD-daemon cpu use.

Had been fine after switching phone on but I'm obviously using something that gets it started again! (I'll observe and try and spot the culprit).

Have not had any lockups with the old style lock screen (or the original).

I do like the "Extended Controls" widget but since moving from 2.1 to this Froyo build I can't activate/de-activate auto-sync using the widget.

Can't create a sync account for Facebook either. (this has never worked with any ROM).

Guest Totyasrác
Stock lockscreen doesn't support pin locked sim cards. It'll be a difficult fix as the functionality just isn't there in the files used.

Geeez - so it's not about SIM lock but SIM PIN?! That's something different... Folks: why on earth do you still use PIN codes?!?!?!

(I've just woken up and read back this afternoon's comments and just couldn't figure what this all was about ;))

Guest Simon O
Geeez - so it's not about SIM lock but SIM PIN?! That's something different... Folks: why on earth do you still use PIN codes?!?!?!

(I've just woken up and read back this afternoon's comments and just couldn't figure what this all was about ;))

Well it's know as SIM lock but it's the same thing. With the stock lock screen it doesn't provide the facility to enter the SIM unlock PIN so the phone reboots several times until it eventually ignores the SIM and boots up giving the "No SIM" error. At least I think that is what it's doing.

Guest ovolactohippo

I'm using the alpha3 and it's pretty awesome ;)

One of the things I loved about Flibblesan's Beta ROM was that Google Listen worked with it (didn't with the original orange rom) - but it looks like it doesn't work with this one :P

Anyone tried google listen on this ROM and got it working? Any ideas what the problem is? It only seems to want to download one thing at a time (and gets rid of the last download - back to "waiting" status - everytime you start a new download).

Guest sonny crockett
Could this be NoLED indicating you have a message/email etc?

Not sure. The screen is blank (off) and there is just this purple pixel lit.

Is that what NoLED does?

Guest admanirv

As fibblesan said its a problem with the sim pin code lock (the functionality isn't there to be used as yet), just disable it with another phone and the problem is solved, you can then use the stock froyo lock screen, its not ideal but it works.

And why do people use a sim pin code lock?, well what happens if your on contract and lose your phone and some nice young fella decides to take out your sim card and spend all day at peak time talking to his mates from pakistan, in the process telling them how great it is over here and they should come over - racking up a rather large bill in the process.

If i was on contract I'd sure as hell want a sim pin code lock.

Edited by admanirv

A couple of problems I've noticed with alpha 3:

- When the ZTE lockscreen has been activated, I cannot get the screen unlocked with any gesture I've tried (the phone is with TFT screen).

I also tried with the stock lockscreen and it appears that after lockscreen activation the touch screen simply does not work anymore. I can unlock the lockscreen with Menu button but nothing on the home screen does not work either. Should this ROM work with Finnish version of Blade (512 MB, TFT, 5 mpix camera)?