[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Totyasrác
Well it's know as SIM lock but it's the same thing. With the stock lock screen it doesn't provide the facility to enter the SIM unlock PIN so the phone reboots several times until it eventually ignores the SIM and boots up giving the "No SIM" error. At least I think that is what it's doing.

To me SIM lock means that you can only use your phone with a specific operator's SIM (based on MCC/MNC like for Orange UK it's 234/33).

Otherwise whenever a phone is stolen the very first thing by the thief is to throw the SIM away, I mean immediately. So PIN is only against the SIM's owner (you have to type it in every time at boot - and can't use apha4 with stock lockscreen :P)

Finished with OFFtopic ;)

Guest ScaredyCat
Quick fix for the horrible transparent zoom buttons and other transparent buttons that shouldn't be transparent. (for kitchen users)

Top notch! ;) Thanks

SC

Guest Nick Rhodes

Alpha4 is giving me forced closes on the setupwizard, acore and gapps

I've tried download a few different configs from the kitchen, complete power off, wiping caches before and after makes no difference.

Alpha2 did'nt have this issue (I never tried Alpha3).

Edit:

I went back to 2.1 and to 2.2 again now running. Maybe I forgot something.

Edited by Nick Rhodes

Guest Simon O
I'm using the alpha3 and it's pretty awesome ;)

One of the things I loved about Flibblesan's Beta ROM was that Google Listen worked with it (didn't with the original orange rom) - but it looks like it doesn't work with this one :P

Anyone tried google listen on this ROM and got it working? Any ideas what the problem is? It only seems to want to download one thing at a time (and gets rid of the last download - back to "waiting" status - everytime you start a new download).

Hm I've not tested listen on Pauls ROM but I'll test it now and see if I can fix it.

So open Listen, select my account and click subscriptions. I'm subscribed to Ubuntu UK podcast so I click the latest and then queue, then select another episode and click queue. I view the queue and the latest is downloading with the second queued. As far as I remember it only ever downloaded podcasts one by one.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest sonny crockett
I think including NoLed by default, with no explanation as to how it works, was a mistake... ;)

Confused the bejesus out of me!

But the forums worked their magic and now I understand it. I think!

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys ive flashed this rom and im at the bit where it shows the modaco.com logo (which im not fond of btw) then like 30 seconds later it goes black and then shows the logo again, I assume its boot looping

nvm solved it

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest ScaredyCat
Hm I've not tested listen on Pauls ROM but I'll test it now and see if I can fix it.

So open Listen, select my account and click subscriptions. I'm subscribed to Ubuntu UK podcast so I click the latest and then queue, then select another episode and click queue. I view the queue and the latest is downloading with the second queued. As far as I remember it only ever downloaded podcasts one by one.

I have the same issue as the OP of this issue. I think the problem is that once it's downloaded one podcast the rest will remain in a waiting state. If you click on one in a waiting state and download it the first one will return to a waiting state. To listen to it you need to redownload it. This isn't the normal behavior for listen which i use on my Nexus one all the time.

SC

Edited by ScaredyCat

Guest ovolactohippo
I have the same issue as the OP of this issue. I think the problem is that once it's downloaded one podcast the rest will remain in a waiting state. If you click on one in a waiting state and download it the first one will return to a waiting state. To listen to it you need to redownload it. This isn't the normal behavior for listen which i use on my Nexus one all the time.

SC

That's the issue exactly - was not working with any ROM I have tried (I don't think) apart from flibblesan's. Was not working on the out-of-the-box Orange software either. Thanks for the quick reply flibblesan - I'm planning on going back to your ROM simply for listen at the moment!

Guest thomasboyd

I've flashed this rom but I get loads of error messages when I try to use it

Sorry!

The process andriod.process.meda has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Force Close?

and if i click somthing like messages I get

The applicatiun Messages

(process com.android.mms)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again

Force close?

I've tried going back to my old rom, but I still get the same messages ;)

I really dont want to do a full reset

Guest ScaredyCat
I've flashed this rom but I get loads of error messages when I try to use it

Sorry!

The process andriod.process.meda has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again

Force Close?

and if i click somthing like messages I get

The applicatiun Messages

(process com.android.mms)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again

Force close?

I've tried going back to my old rom, but I still get the same messages ;)

I really dont want to do a full reset

You MUST to a wipe the first time you install this rom

SC

Guest Frankish

Ok so i've updated my themes thread. Now all themes will work with coarse positioning regardless of alpha version. Tested on alpha 3...coarse positioning works with maps, fancy widget etc.

hellos, just wondering whether we 'free users' will get a rom WITH modaco additions in future? or will we always get a prebake minus modaco additions? I'm not demanding it lol just asking ;)

Guest Pakatus
Just had the same while checked "Froyo stock lockscreen" from the kitchen. Without Froyo stock lockscreen checked didn't had that problem.

Same here....

Guest pauliebb

Hello.

I'm new but I've been lurking for awhile. since before I even bought the blade to see whether it was worth it.. it was ;) lol.

Anyways, just popped in to say thanks for the froyo its running great so far, (running alpha 3 flashed over alpha 2 with hw accel disabled in prop)

and I'm wondering if its just me, I have a black san fransisco bought just 2 weeks ago with oled screen and when using the alpha builds I actually have the led's flashing on a msg or charge... yet the release notes states the led backlights dont work??

whats happening?

Notification backlighting (for charging, sms etc) that you describe works fine, what isn't supported though is general backlighting of the hard keys in low light.

Guest pauliebb
Notification backlighting (for charging, sms etc) that you describe works fine, what isn't supported though is general backlighting of the hard keys in low light.

ah ok, thanks for clearing that up i thought i was special.. haha.

you people are amazing, froyo works pretty much flawless and its alpha! absolutely great.

as soon as I have a bit of money to spare I'll be subscribing for adfree... just a little ot... are the subscriptions bi yearly or bi monthly?

Guest Frankish

I really can't get HTC IME Mod to work. Can someone who has it working please upload their version or point me to the download link?

I have tried the one from sticky topic here and also a desire version that worked on flb rom.

Guest sid3091

hey guys, just installed the ROM using clockworck MOD.

I wiped data/Partition Everything using the same, but after every few seconds i keep getting an error "process.android.acore" has stopped working. what do i do? task manger shows CPU usage at 80% even with NO apps running. ;)

UPDATE: Just found out, Dialer, Messaging, contacts also not working :P. Going to do a factory reset and see how it goes.

Edited by sid3091

Quick fix for the horrible transparent zoom buttons and other transparent buttons that shouldn't be transparent. (for kitchen users)

If you want to use the ZTE Chinese lock screen (with the magnifying lens) then download this: zte-lockscreen.zip

If you want to use the original Android lock screen then download this: stock-lockscreen.zip

use the "Custom Ingredients" option in the rom kitchen and upload the correct zip. When building the ROM the kitchen should use the framework files from the zip.

Hopefully this will help people until Paul can produce a fix.

If you use SIM Lock then please do not use the stock Android lock screen as the replacement android.policy.jar does not support SIM lock.

Thanks, Flibblesan. I have the stock lockscreen and the additional fix works!

Guest Gunvald
I really can't get HTC IME Mod to work. Can someone who has it working please upload their version or point me to the download link?

I have tried the one from sticky topic here and also a desire version that worked on flb rom.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Check first post. Is works fine on my blade.

Edit: I upploaded my specific files lm using, hopefully it Will work better.

http://db.tt/Ih0FibJ

Edited by Gunvald