[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

I have installed alpha 3 version and tried to root the phone...it ended up not booting and stuck to the green android man...fortunately i reinstalled the OS and everything boots up fine now...maybe this is a bug not being able to root??

why do you want to root tje already rooted alpha3 rom?

Guest Totyasrác
I renamed it to update.zip and installed it using ClockworkMod Recovery

You don't have to rename - just select "install zip from SD" instead of update.zip :)

Guest StevenHarperUK
I'm using alpha3 now... so far so good!

Thx for the effort of Paul!

Wanna ask do I need to wipe to update from alpha 3 to alpha 4 later?

And my orange has "no signal' notification on lockscreen, How can I fix it?

Thx!

No Wipe needed when on the Same ROM.

Guest Cronnix

Hey, wonderful rom, thou how do I turn off the screensaver? When I woke up this morning, I noticed a small purple dot moving around the screen.

Edited by Cronnix

Guest davidrb84
Hey, wonderful rom, thou how do I turn off the screensaver? When I woke up this morning, I noticed a small purple dot moving around the screen.

I may be corrected but I'd suggest that is noLED app, I belive it included in the alpha 4 rom. If you look in the applications drawer you should find an item in there to alter the settings.

Guest Cronnix
I may be corrected but I'd suggest that is noLED app, I belive it included in the alpha 4 rom. If you look in the applications drawer you should find an item in there to alter the settings.

Ah, that was it. Thanks!

its actually very good, it lets you know if you missed a txt, msg, call etc while you were away from your phone

press the home button to get rid of the "dot"

if you go into settings you can change what it notifies you about

Guest thomasboyd

Okay after I did a full datawipe I got this ROM working without error messages.

But

1.) Major quibble - I don't seem to have any GPS signal, I'm getting no location services

2.) Medium quibble - The powerbutton response to come out of sleep mode and shut down doesnt always respond (its looks like the timing is out of wack)

3.) Minor quibble - Personaly I hate the new locked screen and all of the available wallpapers - can they be changed?

Is anyone finding r4 slightly less stable than r3? Nothing major just more FC appearing in apps like Launcher Pro, Winamp, Beautiful Widgets, and delayed/unsmooth behaviour in gmail, browser etc.

Its not bad, esp considering its an alpha! but just wondering if its just me or not!

Guest Totyasrác

But

1.) Major quibble - I don't seem to have any GPS signal, I'm getting no location services

2.) Medium quibble - The powerbutton response to come out of sleep mode and shut down doesnt always respond (its looks like the timing is out of wack)

3.) Minor quibble - Personaly I hate the new locked screen and all of the available wallpapers - can they be changed?

1. Are you sure about GPS? (Outdoor, no big walls/trees close around? Or you are trying "coarse" locationing with an older version? It was fixed lately.)

2. That'll be connected to NoLED, search for it on the forum and/or check it amongst your apps. It's not a bug I guess :)

3. If you're a member of MoDaCo (either AdFree or Premium) then you can bake yourself a ROM with the stock lockscreen. Wallpapers - feel free to use your own (from SD) or pick one from the market (there are tons of apps with awesome live and static wallpapers).

hey Paul, great work on the rom , i just recieved my blade today had it shipped all the way to the philippines lol.

Just a few questions, im running the alpha3 version and noticed you say that it doesnt include MoDaCo additions, does that include A2SD/+ is that an MoDaCo addition ?

If not then how do i setup a2sd, ive already set a ext2 partition on the sd-card, anything else i should do?

One more Q, how can i get spareparts loaded on?

hehe thanks :-)

hey Paul, great work on the rom , i just recieved my blade today had it shipped all the way to the philippines lol.

Just a few questions, im running the alpha3 version and noticed you say that it doesnt include MoDaCo additions, does that include A2SD/+ is that an MoDaCo addition ?

If not then how do i setup a2sd, ive already set a ext2 partition on the sd-card, anything else i should do?

One more Q, how can i get spareparts loaded on?

hehe thanks :-)

You don't need an ext partition for Froyo, SD apps are handled by 2.2 as part of the OS

look for app2sd app in apps list, also worth looking at move2sd just to manage it.

Edited by davnig

You don't need an ext partition for Froyo, SD apps are handled by 2.2 as part of the OS

look for app2sd app in apps list, also worth looking at move2sd just to manage it.

If you look under the 1st page it says -

Test Options

A2SD installed to /system partition

This option enables A2SD. /data/app and /data/app-private are moved to SD card. Your SD card must have a second partition formatted as EXT2/3 for this to work!

-

Why would paul mention that you need a ext partition? My understanding is because its not STOCK froyo you cant use froyo a2sd, that way would only work with a OTA froyo release ..... Thats what i was lead to belive

puzzled now lol

Test Options

This option enables A2SD. /data/app and /data/app-private are moved to SD card. Your SD card must have a second partition formatted as EXT2/3 for this to work!

-

Why would paul mention that you need a ext partition? My understanding is because its not STOCK froyo you cant use froyo a2sd, that way would only work with a OTA froyo release ..... Thats what i was lead to belive

puzzled now lol

Well i've got Alpha 3 installed and sd apps work fine without ext, may be a leftover from a cut/paste of old 2.1 text????

Why do people keep asking how to get a2sd working?

in Froyo (2.2) go to applications, find the application you want, touch it and you'll have the option to move to sd card

not available for certain apps, but it is on most

its "that" simple

no a2sd needed

Edited by Lew247

Been running a4 for a couple of days, its a great WIP.

Twice while playing angry birds my touch screen has stopped responding to any input, hardware buttons all work fine. I had to pull the battery out.

All seems to work fine again after it restarts.

I've also had some issues with random freezing.

Why do people keep asking how to get a2sd working?

in Froyo (2.2) go to applications, find the application you want, touch it and you'll have the option to move to sd card

not available for certain apps, but it is on most

its "that" simple

no a2sd needed

Its actually a2ext - but pauls wrote it as a2sd as essentially thats what it does, a2ext is different and thats what Paul wrote to do partition a ext2/3 to enable it - Im just asking him ok :-)

Test Options

-

puzzled now lol

Because so many people were sking about having the "old" version where you had to partition your sd card he included it

I do Not have my sd card partitioned and I have moved most apps to the sd card

Guest Salisant

But

I am having the same problem with the GPS, is constantly searching for a fix but never gets one, the stock Orange rom and Bladevillan roms aquire a fix in a second or so.

Am using the Alpha3 release on a TFT San Fran if it helps

No Wipe needed when on the Same ROM.

Maybe not, but when I tried flashing alpha 4 over the top of alpha 3, my phone wouldn't boot. I had to do a full wipe to get it working. To be honest, it's not an issue, it just means re-instating my widgets, and typing in my account information, since I use Ti to backup all apps, and explicitly backup my LauncherPro config.

Hey guys,

I just donated and baked myself a Rom here alpha4 one, i just basicly included the core element and then very very minimal apps, its 72mb - Well i wiped everything, Dalvik, cache etc flashed fine , but after 10-15mins its stuck on the MoDaCo boot screen - ive tried it 2 times, wiping both times , does anyone know what could be the problem ?

p.s im using the lastest Clockwork Recov

Edited by zerodi

Guest thomasboyd
1. Are you sure about GPS? (Outdoor, no big walls/trees close around? Or you are trying "coarse" locationing with an older version? It was fixed lately.)

2. That'll be connected to NoLED, search for it on the forum and/or check it amongst your apps. It's not a bug I guess :)

3. If you're a member of MoDaCo (either AdFree or Premium) then you can bake yourself a ROM with the stock lockscreen. Wallpapers - feel free to use your own (from SD) or pick one from the market (there are tons of apps with awesome live and static wallpapers).

I'm sure its has if GPS doesnt exist, tried with enhanced gps and wifi location turned on & off as well.

NoLED connected? never had this problem before.. whats it all about

Just baked this Rom a 2nd time and its again stuck on the Modaco boot screen, any ideas guys ???

edit - 3rd time lucky and it worked.. super fast rom zero bloat awesome!!

Edited by zerodi