[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mark2410

just installed and mostly everything seems great. bluetooth however is useless, it cant find anything. things can find it and pair but the blade still wont let me manually connect to anything

am i the only person that uses a bluetooth watch and would like it to work with the Blade?

I'm sure its has if GPS doesnt exist, tried with enhanced gps and wifi location turned on & off as well.

NoLED connected? never had this problem before.. whats it all about

read a few posts back - NoLed is simply explained.

Guest thomasboyd
just installed and mostly everything seems great. bluetooth however is useless, it cant find anything. things can find it and pair but the blade still wont let me manually connect to anything

am i the only person that uses a bluetooth watch and would like it to work with the Blade?

Ive noticed the blade although advertised as 'bluetooth' enabled..doesnt seem to work with the latest bluetooth 2.2 devices.

Mine only picksups 2.1 bluetooth devices.

Just baked this Rom a 2nd time and its again stuck on the Modaco boot screen, any ideas guys ???

Check clockwork MD5: 0733acd513717f2dc7ee08809bd7ea20

Check that you're not running phone on USB power but battery power (make sure battery is charged)

Guest thomasboyd
read a few posts back - NoLed is simply explained.

Just to explain it - it actually has nothing to do with OLED. It's 'No LED' not 'n OLED'. It's designed for phones with no led for missed call notifications and what it does is take your phone out of sleep whenever you have a missed call and display a graphic so you know about it. People are using it to test for oled screens simply because it draws a nice black screen for you where it's easy to see a backlight if present. Some people with the San Fran also use it because while our phone has the LED, it doesn't work when the phone sleeps. There are however much more power efficient ways to do that as we do have the LED - namely keeping the phone awake with the screen off rather than having to power it. It's be nice if someone wrote an app to do this but I'm doing it with Tasker atm and it's literally twice as power efficient as NoLed.

I'm still confused.. the LEDs seemed bright enough for me before, why does this effect the speed of the unsleep mode.. what do I need to do to fix it?

Guest dimerrr
why do you want to root tje already rooted alpha3 rom?

I tried to install a prog that needed root rights and i couldnt install it so i thought that i needed to root it myself.Besides that i think that because the rom is rooted doesnt mean that the phone is rooted too but i am not sure about that 100%.

Edited by dimerrr

I tried to install a prog that needed root rights and i couldnt install it so i thought that i needed to root it myself.Besides that i think that because the rom is rooted doesnt mean that the phone is rooted too but i am not sure about that 100%.

A ROM isn't rooted, it's the phone itself that gets rooted.

Is anyone finding r4 slightly less stable than r3? Nothing major just more FC appearing in apps like Launcher Pro, Winamp, Beautiful Widgets, and delayed/unsmooth behaviour in gmail, browser etc.

Its not bad, esp considering its an alpha! but just wondering if its just me or not!

Nope. Not using any of those apps but not had any instability problems so far. The first time I tried to connect to a WiFi network with a hidden SSID the phone hung and then rebooted but that is it so far - after that I've had no stability issues at all

1.) Major quibble - I don't seem to have any GPS signal, I'm getting no location services

Install Ulysse from the Marketplace. This will show you if your GPS receiver is working or not as it lists which satellites are available and whether or not it is receiving a signal from them. To get a lock, your device will usually need 7 or 8 satellites with a good signal lock and this can take 10-15 minutes out in the open for the very first lock. Ulysse will tell you if it is just taking a long time to get a lock or if it is genuinely not working.

should i do wipe data/factory reset or wipe cache partition ?

If it is going to be the first time you install a 2.2 ROM then yes.

if you have already installed a 2.2 ROM and are updating or reinstalling then No

Guest Cronnix
its actually very good, it lets you know if you missed a txt, msg, call etc while you were away from your phone

press the home button to get rid of the "dot"

if you go into settings you can change what it notifies you about

It doesn't work for me, I can rarely wake up the phone with home button, mostly only with on/off button. And if I do that, it hangs up. Any solutions?

Hey guys,

I just donated and baked myself a Rom here alpha4 one, i just basicly included the core element and then very very minimal apps, its 72mb - Well i wiped everything, Dalvik, cache etc flashed fine , but after 10-15mins its stuck on the MoDaCo boot screen - ive tried it 2 times, wiping both times , does anyone know what could be the problem ?

p.s im using the lastest Clockwork Recov

First post, just thought i should mention this:

I had the same problem with baking the ROM with "Stock Froyo Lockscreen" in the test section. Zerodi, did you include that?

I tried with a few different configurations but as soon as that one was in the bake i never made it to "unlock sim". Led flashing red and Modaco logo reloads over and over.

/Izam

Install Ulysse from the Marketplace. This will show you if your GPS receiver is working or not as it lists which satellites are available and whether or not it is receiving a signal from them. To get a lock, your device will usually need 7 or 8 satellites with a good signal lock and this can take 10-15 minutes out in the open for the very first lock. Ulysse will tell you if it is just taking a long time to get a lock or if it is genuinely not working.

You need 3 Satellites to Get a 3D lock, which wil give you accuracy to within 15M usually. Above that it will just increase the accuracy the more satellites you have.... You are right in saying that the first time lock within a couple of weeks will usually take longer - usually 2-5 mins tho.

Paul

Guest thomasboyd

Installed Ulysse, it picks up two satalights while im sitting here in the office.

But all other apps like googlemaps don't detect my location.

Guest tasosf1996
If it is going to be the first time you install a 2.2 ROM then yes.

if you have already installed a 2.2 ROM and are updating or reinstalling then No

factory reset it is ? OR wipe cache data ?

Guest thomasboyd
Installed Ulysse, it picks up two satalights while im sitting here in the office.

Picking up 5 now on ulysses

Google maps nothing.

actually if i use google maps just after I use ulysses it seem to suddenly detect my location..

werid

Edited by thomasboyd

Guest tcpaulh

Does your office by any chance have a roof? Walls? Ceiling?

Guest leetron1
Hey guys,

I just donated and baked myself a Rom here alpha4 one, i just basicly included the core element and then very very minimal apps, its 72mb - Well i wiped everything, Dalvik, cache etc flashed fine , but after 10-15mins its stuck on the MoDaCo boot screen - ive tried it 2 times, wiping both times , does anyone know what could be the problem ?

p.s im using the lastest Clockwork Recov

Did you format your ext partition..do that & you should boot fine.. :)

Guest Junior Bear

ive had to turn my data connection off with orange (as ive gone way over my limit)

so im trying to connect to wifi at home.

properly done through the router and 192.168.0.1 settings through the netgear router has detected the device and correct mac address and ive set it to allow connection

but my blade connects and disconnects continuously?!

very frustrating

is it to do with the alpha3 rom?

Edited by Junior Bear