[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ergo911

Is the "com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly" a alpha3 problem if i exit messaging app and in alpha4 is it fixed? I searched from this topic and some people have the same problem, but did'nt find any fix. Someone said that SetCpu removing helped, but i don't have it insatlled. Thanks

Guest windin101
Picking up 5 now on ulysses

Google maps nothing.

actually if i use google maps just after I use ulysses it seem to suddenly detect my location..

werid

Out of interest have you installed a theme? I had exactly the same issue having installed the HTC Desire framework, I have just updated to the new version on the framework running on R4 and its now working without issue

Guest Totyasrác
Confirmed:

MMS send and recived not work (T-Mobile H) APN settings is OK.

PLS Paul FIX it!!!!

It's APN setting. Check "authentication type" for MMS APN, it has to be set to PAP - and there you go.

(If it's not editable - I've figured out a workaround: just create a new APN, with any name, to 'mms' APN (second line in config), set authentication type to PAP. Save it. If ypu check the original MMS APN settings, it has changed also to PAP as auth. type... Now you can delete the one you've just created, MMS will work :) You're welcome.)

Guest buneech
I experience being unable to send MMS, while receiving them is not a problem.

Now it works. Deleted all the apns and restored my own from a former phone. Works as a charm. :)

Guest lljkpugna
Is the "com.android.mms has stopped unexpectedly" a alpha3 problem if i exit messaging app and in alpha4 is it fixed? I searched from this topic and some people have the same problem, but did'nt find any fix. Someone said that SetCpu removing helped, but i don't have it insatlled. Thanks

It was me who thought that removing SetCPU helped, but it didn't really. What did help was doing a fresh wipe and install. I'd had it installed over the top of the StackBlack ROM beforehand.

Now that I've done a wipe and install, everything seems to work fine, and it's much faster too.

Guest mark2410
Ive noticed the blade although advertised as 'bluetooth' enabled..doesnt seem to work with the latest bluetooth 2.2 devices.

Mine only picksups 2.1 bluetooth devices.

well so far mine is picking up nothing

I installed the keyboard_pound_instead_of_dollar.zip posted earlier and it worked fine changing the $ sign to £.

I noticed it no longer gave me word suggestions, instead it came up with names from my contact list.

This was something I used quite a lot so I took main.dict from raw-en located in LatinIME.apk in pauls alpha3 rom and put it in the raw folder of LatinIME.apk located in the £ fix.

It now gives me suggestions as it did before.

It's the first time I have done anything with this kind of stuff so not sure if it will cause a problem with something else later.

Is this the way to fix it or have I just done a dirty work around?

File is here if anyone wants it, don't blame me if it blows your phone up :)

keyboard_pound_instead_of_dollar_dictionary.zip

Guest fonix232
Point to note for themers out there:
  • framework-res and core libraries are signed with the 'shared' certificate from the SDK, aiding those who wish to edit the framework-res to theme (or to alter the lockscreen). Simply extract, edit, resign with the shared certificate and push the file. Tidy.

:)

P

Where could I find this 'shared certificate'? I've been looking through the documentation and the SDK for an hour now, and can't find it :S

I can't add a new contact to my google acc through my phone... and it only shows the local contact. my google acc sync is on,and i don't know what's the problem. i'm not a noob,can anyone help me?

Guest Samehere

A shame that the screen just freezes sometimes at lockscreen, doesn't react to anything on the screen, just the buttons... yeah you know the deal, it's been taken up quite a lot of times in this forum.

Other than that I found alpha 3 quite good actually.

Running Finnish Fillyjonk until Froyo without screen freezes is released. :)

Hopefully ZTE releases source codes soon, would make stuff loads easier.

I have a grey OSF with OLED if that matters.

I'm pretty certain most of these "screen freezes at lockscreen" is by people not realising what noled is or does

Perhaps Paul should leave it out of the prebaked roms and only have it as an option in the kitchen?

I personally like it now I know what it is and what it does, before I knew I thought my screen had locked but it hadn't

I'm pretty certain most of these "screen freezes at lockscreen" is by people not realising what noled is or does

Perhaps Paul should leave it out of the prebaked roms and only have it as an option in the kitchen?

I personally like it now I know what it is and what it does, before I knew I thought my screen had locked but it hadn't

yes. noled is installed by default in every froyo rom. thats why we get lockscreen freeze in froyo roms.

I have only had 1 "screen freezes at lockscreen" incident (yesterday morning). However, I don't actually have NoLed installed!

Guest mikes77a
It's APN setting. Check "authentication type" for MMS APN, it has to be set to PAP - and there you go.

(If it's not editable - I've figured out a workaround: just create a new APN, with any name, to 'mms' APN (second line in config), set authentication type to PAP. Save it. If ypu check the original MMS APN settings, it has changed also to PAP as auth. type... Now you can delete the one you've just created, MMS will work :) You're welcome.)

Ahhh THX dude its work.

Köszi tesó, én is Bp.-i! :)

Guest Donkey Oaty

I'm running alpha 4 and although the green bar in YouTube is fixed, I still have an mp4 that plays off the sd card which is affected by the green bar problem. Is this normal?

The mp4 is a film that I ripped and encoded for my iPhone.

Guest thomasboyd
Out of interest have you installed a theme? I had exactly the same issue having installed the HTC Desire framework, I have just updated to the new version on the framework running on R4 and its now working without issue

Havent installed a theme No.

The GPS signal I really werid.. I now do 'sometimes' get a correct location in google maps if I wait a long time

but however i also watched myself transporting at random speeds all over london, which is strange because im fairly sure the office I was sitting in wasn't moving.

In short this ROM has totaly screwed my GPS signal output

Guest Gerson2k

It could be the No LED being mis-reported, but to be fair, I had "screen freezes at lockscreen" with a couple of the previous Froyo ROMs (Fibb's and Gforum's, but not Paul's (yet).

The best way to describe the issue is that the touch screen does not respond to any inputs, only the buttons work and you're left with a battery pull as being the only option.

Guest tcpaulh
Havent installed a theme No.

The GPS signal I really werid.. I now do 'sometimes' get a correct location in google maps if I wait a long time

but however i also watched myself transporting at random speeds all over london, which is strange because im fairly sure the office I was sitting in wasn't moving.

In short this ROM has totaly screwed my GPS signal output

Try sitting in a car instead...or a park bench...or a tree perhaps.

GPS signals are very very weak and do not pass through massive obstacles like buildings at all well.

When you use a new rom it doesn't have any idea whatsoever where on the planet you are. It slowly zeroes in until it gets a lock. This is called a first fix or a cold start. It can take a long time. I've seen GPS's that took half an hour for a first fix. The GPS in the SanFran is much quicker still. Subsequent locks will be quicker. But anyway, go outside for the first fix. You may get a reliable fix in a building...but I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by tcpaulh