[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Teh H4rRy
since exporting and importing my contacts to wipe the data to use this room all my contacts numbers are showing as mobiles

So if a contact had a business, home and mobile number they are now showing 3 times

With three 'mobile' numbers for each of the numbers.. is this a flaw with android, SF or the ROM?

I was just about to post that! Yeah I have triplicate numbers, but only when I go to send a text, such as in ChompSMS, I start typing in "John Smith" and I have 3 John Smiths.

Also some contacts don't show up in contacts but do show up in other apps.

I also can't seem to delete these triplicates

I had this problem and posted how to fix it previously

its in Google but not where you would think - I kept checking Contacts in Google it took ages to find where it actually was.

go to your http://google.com on the computer

click settings then Google Account settings

click on the word Dashboard

put your password in

then click on contacts

delete any duplicates in there

close it

sync your phone again.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Thanks! I got my blade today (256MB sadly and I guess LCD - oh well) and the Orange provided 2.1 was dreadful! And I couldn't get the email to do anything!

I've been running Froyo on my kaiser up till now, and Froyo on the blade is great!

I had a problem with the ZTE unlock, but found if I put my finger to where the magnifier should be (but isn't) that I can still drag it. I have to drag it the opposite way! But I can unlock. After a few goes it suddenly starts working normally.

A simple fix for this is to enable the android lock (pattern) or number lock - both of which are fast, smooth, and take on the backdrop of your homepage.

I also have Kaiser, on 2.1 - the build was good - device was being pushed

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK
I had this problem and posted how to fix it previously

its in Google but not where you would think - I kept checking Contacts in Google it took ages to find where it actually was.

go to your http://google.com on the computer

click settings then Google Account settings

click on the word Dashboard

put your password in

then click on contacts

delete any duplicates in there

close it

sync your phone again.

If you go to your contacts in GMAIL (browser on a computer), there is a new Feature (under more) that merges duplicates.

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest demetr1os

I just installed Paul's alpha 3 rom, until now it is really smooth, BUT I would like to ask you about an article that I read about chenese leaked froyo rom, sends some information about the users back to the chinese. Is that correct? I am asking this because will I was using bookmark widget I can see some bookmarks from chinese sites and some of that uses WAP. examples are h**tp://wap.tv.wo.com.cn, mob10010.com, wo.com.cn.

I am really worry about that, I hope that there will not be any charges or info about me send somewhere else.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Frankish

No all has been removed it is fine.

EDIT:

Anyone had a screen freeze on stock lockscreen yet? Since flashing it i haven't had a single one. I'm hoping it's not just luck and that maybe it's fine with stock. I prefer stock.

Edited by Frankish

aghhh! My touch screen seems to be on the blink. Or maybe I'm just less capacative than before.

Symptoms are that with a few second of loading the touch screen gets sluggish and then stops responding. (Buttons work fine).

It occurred just after installing the Blade wifi fix (not that I blame that).

As a consequence I cannot unlock the screen when it locks, but I also cannot do things before it locks.

I tried installing froyo4 with the old unlock screen and it fails to. I rebooted to 2.1 (I backed up before I tried all this) and that has the same problem - touch screen works initially and then stops or works intermittently.

*sob* - off to the orange shop for me on Monday I guess to get a replacement. I only hope it doesn't work when I get to the shop

@StevenHarperUK: Will orange be releasing and updated ROM to fix the wifi problems? If so will the only way we will be able to get it be on here as i don't believe there is an option to check for updates on the SF?

Guest StevenHarperUK
aghhh! My touch screen seems to be on the blink. Or maybe I'm just less capacative than before.

Symptoms are that with a few second of loading the touch screen gets sluggish and then stops responding. (Buttons work fine).

It occurred just after installing the Blade wifi fix (not that I blame that).

As a consequence I cannot unlock the screen when it locks, but I also cannot do things before it locks.

I tried installing froyo4 with the old unlock screen and it fails to. I rebooted to 2.1 (I backed up before I tried all this) and that has the same problem - touch screen works initially and then stops or works intermittently.

*sob* - off to the orange shop for me on Monday I guess to get a replacement. I only hope it doesn't work when I get to the shop

The lockscreen on ALPHA 3 can make it feel like it not responsive - swap it to a combo lock in Main Android Settings.

Guest mark2410

i have a strange issue, it would appear that the "my number" on the sim card has been changed.

whats more annoying is i cant find away to turn it back and no spare phone that will recognise the sim. has this happened to anyone else or is the sim card dying?

i have a strange issue, it would appear that the "my number" on the sim card has been changed.

whats more annoying is i cant find away to turn it back and no spare phone that will recognise the sim. has this happened to anyone else or is the sim card dying?

Depends what network you have

Orange UK puts the numbers in the sim, most other networks dont bother

you can actually change the number if you use "certain phones", one such phone being Samsung M8800

Most phones wont give you access to that part of the sim though

Just some quirks, don't know if anybody else has the same or noticed it:

* When viewing my photos in Gallery it says they are made in Mongolia, but I'm in Liverpool at the moment. Google Maps gives me the right location (even without GPS).

* When using the alarm, I couldn't snooze it while the phone was locked. Had to pull the battery, have to try it again, disabled noLED now, so have to try it again, but just wanted to share.

Looking forward to alpha 5 :)

Guest mark2410
Depends what network you have

Orange UK puts the numbers in the sim, most other networks dont bother

you can actually change the number if you use "certain phones", one such phone being Samsung M8800

Most phones wont give you access to that part of the sim though

its a 3 sim card, ive tried in in the old handsets i have here but as they are all refusing to work, either not recognising the card at all or in the case of the w350i not recognising it properly and behaving strangely

ive no idea where the new number came from as that number has never been mine

Guest StevenHarperUK
@StevenHarperUK: Will orange be releasing and updated ROM to fix the wifi problems? If so will the only way we will be able to get it be on here as i don't believe there is an option to check for updates on the SF?

I don't know - I can only ask - and I will. Updates will not be over the air.

Guest Arr Too
I don't know - I can only ask - and I will. Updates will not be over the air.

Do you know for sure that the couple of reports of magic messages from Orange fixing the wifi are wrong then?

Guest StevenHarperUK
Do you know for sure that the couple of reports of magic messages from Orange fixing the wifi are wrong then?

I have heard that - I will also ask about any special instructions given to customer support

Guest Arr Too
I have heard that - I will also ask about any special instructions given to customer support

Brilliant! The wifi problem is probably the main niggle for most people, so it'd be great if Orange do have a fix for it.

Yes you can

its simple

either use adb or android commander

I find android cammonder great, its a windows program ie you click what you want and adb is a dos type program and you have to type the commands

Guest flash2004
Yes you can

its simple

either use adb or android commander

I find android cammonder great, its a windows program ie you click what you want and adb is a dos type program and you have to type the commands

android commander is windows specific and doesn't work on mac or linux. So it is better to stick with either ADB or adb wireless which works everywhere and is quite handy. tbh.

The lockscreen on ALPHA 3 can make it feel like it not responsive - swap it to a combo lock in Main Android Settings.

Good tip, thanks - but I think it is really broken.

I've even restored the orange 2.1 backup I made, and have trouble with the touch-screen not working - even on first boot in the setup wizard.

android commander is windows specific and doesn't work on mac or linux. So it is better to stick with either ADB or adb wireless which works everywhere and is quite handy. tbh.

Hence me saying

I find android cammonder great, its a windows program

Obviously if you don't have a Windows machine it won't be any use that#s whay I also included the info about adb.

Why do people have to be SO picky? I was only trying to help because the previous post just linked to the Android SDK but said nothing about what was needed.

Also if you use the search thing there are actually lots of posts on this question

another option is get systemapp remover from the market

Edited by Lew247

Guest juniperz

That would be so good - wifi is the only annoyance that I have with the phone (MCR 2.2 a3).

And hopefully there will be a way without Orange service messages since many of us unlocked the phone and don't use the Orange network.