[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Andy Maclean
is this ver all languages enabled?

You should be able to enable all languages by opening up the zip and deleting \system\etc\customize\default.xml.

Andy

Morning all!

So here's how this is going to work... i'm going to be working on alpha2 today, i'll put an alpha2 kitchen in post 2 and gradually drop in fixes throughout the day.

When I finish for the day i'll put up an alpha 2 prebake.

I kicked off running the ROM through the MCR optimisation machine overnight so alpha2 will be size / performance optimised too. :P

P

looking forward to alpha2 release.

Lurking here since early morning.

Any chance of integrating the circular battery into the ROM please Paul?

How is the battery performance people?

Thanks, Ash

Edited by Ash.UK

Any chance of integrating the circular battery into the ROM please Paul? Thanks, Ash

I won't be doing this, but the framework-res should be easy for anyone to edit, re-sign and post. :P

P

Guest jpdribbler

Thank you very much for you hard work with this ROM,

my ZTE Blade will arrive soon as a present for my girlfriend.

Can somebody PLEASE test if the game Air Control is working with this latest ROM? My girlfriend loves this game and it should work if i change the rom... :-D

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Air Control Download Link:

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&....aircontrolfull

http://www.androidtapp.com/air-control/

As soon as my ZTE Blade arrives i will compare the phone with my galaxy s and will write a small review! :-)

Current alpha2 changelog...

alpha2 (upcoming)

• Completely rebuilt with the MCR optimisation scripts
  • Enabled hardware acceleration + stagefright tweaking
  • Fixed 'su' problem (Root Explorer fix)
  • Changed browser homepage to Google (may only take effect after a hard reset, can be configured in settings menu)
  • Streaming video sound fix (thanks flibblesan)
  • All languages enabled
  • Calendar fix
  • Added stock Android keyboard with word prediction

P

Paul - do you think the locking up is something you'll be able to track down and fix in a later release, or is it a more fundamental problem that ZTE will have to fix?

* bump *

(Not trying to be a nuisance - and I appreciate the hard work. Just keen to learn your thoughts on this issue - I know it's the #1 problem for many people on here.)

Guest MrHicks
* bump *

(Not trying to be a nuisance - and I appreciate the hard work. Just keen to learn your thoughts on this issue - I know it's the #1 problem for many people on here.)

This is purely anecdotal, but I and the few people I know with blades do not have this issue with any of the Froyo roms, perhaps it's a common hardware fault with some devices that Froyo aggravates.

Guest Totyasrác

Just a quick note: battery lifetime appears to be much better then the former Froyo-releases. At least to me (4 hours after being fully charged it's 79% but I have BT always on, syncing company and private mailboxes, logged on and chatting via Talk, quite a few phone calls, got an app from the Market etc. )

Just to inform y'all :P

Guest Totyasrác
This is purely anecdotal, but I and the few people I know with blades do not have this issue with any of the Froyo roms, perhaps it's a common hardware fault with some devices that Froyo aggravates.

Never had such a lockup with neither ROMs...

(SanFran from UK)

Guest Frankish
When this update comes. How do I put a different lock screen. And will it be compatible with any themes made on here

Themes need to be updated. New edited services.jar and new framework-res.apk edits needed.

I'm going to be doing my own Galaxy S theme, rem1x Desire theme and my HTC Slate theme for this new Froyo. All in good time.