[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Tried it but didnt help and I think that the problem is with this ROM only cause Finnish Fillyjonk works perfectly on my phone

Use latest clockwork, check md5, when you add ROM to SD Card eject safely if using XP?

Guest Martin D
Im tempted to use this on my TFT model but with people saying it freezes etc i think i'll hold out on it.

I'm using it on a TFT model, The Release 4 works fine, just remember to clear data first.

Guest toytown
Truthfully, the stock orange rom was horrific. It's painfully slow and was causing programs to run with problems.

I've got to disagree i've had my phone since october, im still on the stock rom myself and have found thats its extremely stable and all of the apps i have seem to work perfect. The only issue i've found is that i have to do a cold reset on my GPS every 20ish days otherwise it goes haywire.

I use the GPS and music player for at least 60-90mins a day, ive watched full videos on it and i regular use the browser and i havent seen any problems. Whilst froyo might speed up the phone in general, everything except games and some intensive webpages will probably feel no different. Whilst i'd love to flash 2.2 on it, its not going to happen until the freezing screen issue is fixed, because i dont think the benefits will be that great for me personally.

Also why is the screen freeze not mentioned as a known issue? I would have thought its currently the no1 major issue with this rom.

Guest Frankish
Try disabling haptic feedback

After all these weeks with no freezes I finally got one today! No new apps no changes to system settings. I'm stumped. I don't really mind though as it is so few freezes!

Just in case I didn't make it clear btw...

ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA! :)

Make sure you Nandroid before flashing!

P

What does that mean?

Sorry I'm a total noob

What does that mean?

Sorry I'm a total noob

An "alpha" means software which is still in development and most definitely contains bugs/problems.

A "nandroid" means backup using ClockworkMod console. Just hold Vol- when turning phone on, then follow menu options to perform a backup.

Edited by asim18

Guest Pelemane
Use latest clockwork, check md5, when you add ROM to SD Card eject safely if using XP?

Yes I use latest clockwork and wipe all and I use win 7 but what is md5?

Yes I use latest clockwork and wipe all and I use win 7 but what is md5?

What is google?

MD5 is a method of checking a file's integrity.

Edited by asim18

Guest Pelemane
What is google?

MD5 is a method of checking a file's integrity.

Google Inc. is an American multinational public corporation invested in Internet search, cloud computing, and advertising technologies.

but thanks for help.. :)

Guest threespeed

Thanks to paul & everyones hard work on this & other roms & guides.

Using the r3 brebake & it seems better with battery life than modaco r4 eclair, less reboots & no freezing so far.

Only thing I have noticed is a slight delay when first scrolling in apps. & had 1 occasion of titanium backup not getting root rights, (quered titanium with force close in app manager & restart app)

Edited by threespeed

Guest kidimon

this question maybe is a bit silly but, does it matter what android version i have, well i mean do u need better phone aka faster cpu etc? In videos its says that 2.2 is much faster than 2.1 but I tried Franks rom and this rom, both feels kinda laggy so i stayed with original SF rom :)

Guest targetbsp

Apps should run faster in 2.2 because of the JIT compiler. And some things simply require 2.2 - the new features of the new google maps being what's tempting me atm.

Hi all, first time poster. Love the ROM, got it flashed no probs. However, I get a warning on the lock screen that "Phone is SIM Network Subset locked". Anyone got any ideas what this is? It's not stopping me using the phone and can't find much about it on a google search.

All help appreciated, thanks!

Guest PeaNut_HU

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but today i wanted to try the "custom ingredients" feature of the ROM bakery, and i always get these errors:

(Note: There's no error when simply selecting options and cliking on "Click to bake", only when i try to use the custom ingredients feature)

Edited by Paul

Guest schteffe

Just installed the alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned and have the following problem.

Getting the following messages again and again as soon as I start the phone:

- Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

- Sorry! The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Please help!

Guest sid3091

hey guys, been using this rom for over two weeks, and its been quite stable but the app drawer n launcherPro and ADW seem to lag if i've got live wallpapers on.

Any suggestions?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Just installed the alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned and have the following problem.

- Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

- Sorry! The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Please help!

Did you wipe / clear data cache in clockworkmod before install ?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Yep, tried that twice I'm afraid...

Try it without memory card. Once i had problem with not properly unmounted SD card which led to strange errors. If it solves it, reformat SD card and put back in (also always use safely remove option in windows when writing to SD card through USB).

Sometimes a simple error checking and fixing will do, but if its the card, a format is advised - at least it helped for me.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Could anybody tell me how the contact sync works on this ROM? someone called me and i saved his number to my google account.and now i can't see it in my contacts,bc it just shows the local...

Pls somebody help me!

Guest PeaNut_HU
I don't think Paul will be doing it this weekend. He got stranded in snow last night and had to sleep in a b&b

Sad news, but hope everything's alright with him.

Please help!

Having the same problem as you, anyone have a solution?