[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Xenon0816
As an aside is the rooster the only available ringtone for the clock alarm? bloody horrible noise that

In the stock alarm you can choose your ringtones as alarm noises... You have to go to the music app, select an audio file you like, tap and hold your finger on it, select use as ringtone, and then choose it in the alarm app as ringtone.

Or you do it like me and install an app called "alarm clock plus". It lets you choose all your mp3s as ringtones and it supports playlist, so that it will wake you up with a random track from a playlist...

hope it helped you a bit :)

This application is impossible to move to SD :) At least, I could not...

I think every alarm app must be in the phone memory. I don't know why, but I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Guest DominicA
I quite like the rooster, it really wakes me up, and scares the s*** out of everyone else ;)

Exactly, and just imagine the fear when I realised the screen wasn't responding :)

Guest buneech
Exactly, and just imagine the fear when I realised the screen wasn't responding :)

My GF started running in bed upon hearing the rooster. Hilarious way to start the workday ;)

Guest deepmenace
I had my first lock up requiring battery pull on A4 today, when the alarm went off. The power button was working etc but the touchscreen wouldn't do anything and had to pull the battery.

As an aside is the rooster the only available ringtone for the clock alarm? bloody horrible noise that

if you download an app called "rings extended". Next time you have to choose a a noise for *ANY* action on your phone ( i.e. sms, ring, alarm, email....) you'll get the oppotunity to select "rings extended" rather than the normal android sound selector. with rings extended you can choose any noise you like from the phone....sound effects from games that are the SD card, wavs, mp3s, music, downloaded sound effects....it bascially scours your phone for noise!

i wouldnt be without it now.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
has this been forgotten now? :)

Paul seems to be covering a lot of Nexus S stuff atm. Just let him get to it, he will come back.

But also, I feel, as the ROM is called the MoDaCo ROM, shouldn't the people of this forum have some input into it? I know, of course, that Paul IS MoDaCo, but, there are some amazing developers on this forum, that would go very well with making a custom rom if it were indeed a joint effort.

Guest Theme Ishere
Did anyone ever publicise what needs doing to fix the coarse location bug in alpha 3?

Yeah, that would be really nice. I read a lot about "small fix", but nobody actually explains anything. I want to be part of the cool guys!!!

Guest aleckxander

hi guys i'm having a little issue here :)

the rom is going fine but colors seems to be too blueish

my steps:

clockwork mod recovery 2.5.0.9 with fastboot

wiped

backupped previous state

intalled this rom

noticed the blue issue

clockwork mod recovery 2.5.1.3 with fastboot

directly installed this rom

nothing changed.. any clue?

Guest PeaNut_HU
hi guys i'm having a little issue here :)

the rom is going fine but colors seems to be too blueish

my steps:

clockwork mod recovery 2.5.0.9 with fastboot

wiped

backupped previous state

intalled this rom

noticed the blue issue

clockwork mod recovery 2.5.1.3 with fastboot

directly installed this rom

nothing changed.. any clue?

I only read about this "issue" when someone installed an OLED-only rom on a TFT based device, but according to the description it should work on both devices... i only have a OLED blade so can't test it atm.

... but you could just have used the search function of the forum, i read 2 topics already which deals with this occurrence:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-clockworkmod/

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ter-rooting-sf/

I think you should read through them.

Edited by PeaNut_HU

Guest steff.jay
Paul seems to be covering a lot of Nexus S stuff atm. Just let him get to it, he will come back.

But also, I feel, as the ROM is called the MoDaCo ROM, shouldn't the people of this forum have some input into it? I know, of course, that Paul IS MoDaCo, but, there are some amazing developers on this forum, that would go very well with making a custom rom if it were indeed a joint effort.

at least, would be a perfect christmas gift, if Paul would release a5/beta this week ;) :)

Can you explain this bug please?

Yes - if you do not have GPS turned on (or are inside or whatever) then your phone cannot get an approximate location through triangulation.

Guest AlphaVision
Yes - if you do not have GPS turned on (or are inside or whatever) then your phone cannot get an approximate location through triangulation.

In the gingerbread themes (maybe other ones) there is a fix for the coarse location

Guest swoopsta

Managed to flash to A4 on my white SF last night and all looking good so far.

But... now my PC (xp) doesnt seem to recognise the SF any longer via USB....any ideas ?

Also how do I remove the custom lockscreen and return to the vanilla lock screen ?

Guest PeaNut_HU
Managed to flash to A4 on my white SF last night and all looking good so far.

But... now my PC (xp) doesnt seem to recognise the SF any longer via USB....any ideas ?

Also how do I remove the custom lockscreen and return to the vanilla lock screen ?

You are in Ad Free group, so you can choose the "Test Options / Stock Froyo Lockscreen" option in the ROM bakery at the bottom in the second post of this thread.

Edited by PeaNut_HU