[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Phoenix Silver
okay had alpha 4 for a while. working great as far as ive used it. few lags here and there but to be expected. only thing that annoys me is youtube videos wont play in any browser i use. and the youtube app tells me i have to be over 18 to watch some videos even when im signed in. annoyance........

disable the smart something filter ?

i think by default it's turned on

strange no lag with Paul's rom (cpu is at 10 % and quadran give me a score of 985).

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest Phoenix Silver
I have a lot of problems with storage right now. I was wondering how can I make my phone use ext partition to install all the phone apps there. Is there a guide or something? I am using alpha3.

Thank you

here :

a2sd

if people could use search function a lot of time saved :(

Guest tibbyltd

I cannot get the GPS working on my OLED san fran at all. I've tried this ROM on 2 TFT versions and it seems to work fine. Any help would be appreciated. I've tried ulysse, it doesn't find anything.

Guest TheVirreVirren
hey paul i have installed the rom but when i turn my phone on it stays on a modaco logo i really need help fast :(

how long did you wait? The first time I booted I had to wait for at least a few minutes, but it seems a very long time if you're staring at the screen ;)

Guest swukjay

Apps2sd is ok but move2SDEnabler is better and will force a move of apps regardless of whether is written into the app or not.just dont use for widgets or anything that runs on boot!

Guest Junior Bear
disable the smart something filter ?

i think by default it's turned on

strange no lag with Paul's rom (cpu is at 10 % and quadran give me a score of 985).

Quadrant score is 806 in alpha 4 :(

I am finding it quite laggy

Battery says android system is using 98% and maps using 2%. Is this nonormal?

Also titanium backup gets stuck halfway through and I have to force close. :s

Quadrant score is 806 in alpha 4 :(

I am finding it quite laggy

Battery says android system is using 98% and maps using 2%. Is this nonormal?

Also titanium backup gets stuck halfway through and I have to force close. :s

same happens with me, android system 90% and some other processes. titanium backup also freezes

Guest ReflexReaction

I am running alpha 3 and whenever I put the phone into sleep for a longish period, the phone disconnects from Wifi. However, it does not automatically reconnect wifi when unlocked - it just shows that there are wifi networks available... I have to then select a wifi network to connect to! Is this normal functionality of all San Frans, or just this rom? Are there any other LED 2.2 Roms which have this fixed and available?

Guest BunnyPunch

I decided to live dangerously and use this ROM as my first using the online kitchen. Dangerously, because it's an alpha release. First and foremost, thank you!

I had a few teething problems (nothing to do with the ROM itself) - I don't know whether these have been reported before, but someone might benefit. I wanted to include A2SD, as I had no experience of a custom ROM (and how much lighter it is) or of Froyo and its ability to move apps to the SD card. I followed one of the tutorials on partitioning the SD card using a bootable ISO of Gparted, and it caused all manner of nightmares. I'd install, wipe cache, factory reset, it would boot properly. I'd then log in to Google, open the Market, set up wireless, restore my data, reboot, which is where it would fail. I got the MoDaCo logo, but it wouldn't go any further than that, so I'd have to re-install.

I thought it might be an issue with Titanium backups, so avoided that and installed a couple of applications using the Market, then rebooted. Same issue. I thought it might be the order I did things in ClockworkMod, so redid that. I then thought it might be Launcher Pro, so left that out - no dice. I cooked up another ROM, and had the same problem. I then tried another Froyo ROM, but it didn't like my version of Clockwork Mod, so tried 2 Eclair ROMs, but the same issue came up again. I dug out a spare SD card and put that in - it's FAT32 - and voila, problem solved. I reformatted the proper card using Clockwork Mod, partitioning it as suggested, and touch wood, everything is working well. I'll admit to some mild panic during the process, but I'd done a full backup.

A2SD isn't working for me, but it's not the end of the world - I reinstalled all the applications I actually use and moved the games over to the SD card using Froyos built in process, and I've gone from having 40 odd mb spare space on the phone to having over 130mb, which is a huge improvement. I had de-Oranged my phone, so all their crud was gone - it was my installed applications and data taking up the space. The OS and my apps are much more responsive, I've had very few FCs so far, and I really like Froyo, battery life is pretty much where it was before, so again, thank you.

There's a couple of tiny things I've noticed (and they don't bother me in the slightest, it's just I know an awful lot of work has been put in to de-chinese-ing the ROM). Firstly, the stock Calendar widget has Chinese characters present. I don't use it - I use Pure Calendar - but I spotted it before I installed my apps. The other one was on the stock browser - there's 4 or 5 included bookmarks in Chinese. Obviously not major bugs!

Guest ReflexReaction
I decided to live dangerously and use this ROM as my first using the online kitchen. Dangerously, because it's an alpha release. First and foremost, thank you!

I had a few teething problems (nothing to do with the ROM itself) - I don't know whether these have been reported before, but someone might benefit. I wanted to include A2SD, as I had no experience of a custom ROM (and how much lighter it is) or of Froyo and its ability to move apps to the SD card. I followed one of the tutorials on partitioning the SD card using a bootable ISO of Gparted, and it caused all manner of nightmares. I'd install, wipe cache, factory reset, it would boot properly. I'd then log in to Google, open the Market, set up wireless, restore my data, reboot, which is where it would fail. I got the MoDaCo logo, but it wouldn't go any further than that, so I'd have to re-install.

I thought it might be an issue with Titanium backups, so avoided that and installed a couple of applications using the Market, then rebooted. Same issue. I thought it might be the order I did things in ClockworkMod, so redid that. I then thought it might be Launcher Pro, so left that out - no dice. I cooked up another ROM, and had the same problem. I then tried another Froyo ROM, but it didn't like my version of Clockwork Mod, so tried 2 Eclair ROMs, but the same issue came up again. I dug out a spare SD card and put that in - it's FAT32 - and voila, problem solved. I reformatted the proper card using Clockwork Mod, partitioning it as suggested, and touch wood, everything is working well. I'll admit to some mild panic during the process, but I'd done a full backup.

A2SD isn't working for me, but it's not the end of the world - I reinstalled all the applications I actually use and moved the games over to the SD card using Froyos built in process, and I've gone from having 40 odd mb spare space on the phone to having over 130mb, which is a huge improvement. I had de-Oranged my phone, so all their crud was gone - it was my installed applications and data taking up the space. The OS and my apps are much more responsive, I've had very few FCs so far, and I really like Froyo, battery life is pretty much where it was before, so again, thank you.

There's a couple of tiny things I've noticed (and they don't bother me in the slightest, it's just I know an awful lot of work has been put in to de-chinese-ing the ROM). Firstly, the stock Calendar widget has Chinese characters present. I don't use it - I use Pure Calendar - but I spotted it before I installed my apps. The other one was on the stock browser - there's 4 or 5 included bookmarks in Chinese. Obviously not major bugs!

Do you experience the issue I listed above on r4? Aka when you unlock the phone after a period of time, the wifi doesn't reconnect - it just shows new networks available?

Guest targetbsp
Do you experience the issue I listed above on r4? Aka when you unlock the phone after a period of time, the wifi doesn't reconnect - it just shows new networks available?

That's normal on the stock rom? Use the app Blade wifi fix from the market.

Guest BunnyPunch

If my phone has been locked and sitting idle for 5-10 minutes plus, it'll disconnect from WiFi - as it did on Stock. I use the SwitchPro widget to quickly reconnect back to the connection I was using previously. It doesn't offer me new networks, and never has. The stock widget does the same thing - SwitchPro is just prettier.

Guest mikes77a

I using alpha4 ROM. Its perfect, but the camcorder not work! I tired all settings in the program.

I tap the rec button, but not recording the app...

PLS help!!!!

Guest SpeRator
I tried to instal Adobe Flash 10.1, but I could not find it on market. Is there any solution how to instal Flash?

Adobe flash 10.1 dont work on ARMv6 Prozessor!

Guest dadashi
I tried to instal Adobe Flash 10.1, but I could not find it on market. Is there any solution how to instal Flash?

you can install lite-flash, even works on 2.1 opens most flash on websites...I don't remember the thread, search here in forum

Guest mikes77a
I using alpha4 ROM. Its perfect, but the camcorder not work! I tired all settings in the program.

I tap the rec button, but not recording the app...

PLS help!!!!

PLS Somebody answer me!!!!!

I just want to say, thanks for the huge support !

I am deeply happy with this rom, but one question.

I am currently using Prebake download (alpha3)(2) from my original TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B03(2.1).

I notice sometimes my wifi drops while it sleeps and my CPU is always at 90%+ and some sluggishness when waking up the phone from sleep mode.

I know its at alpha stage but wonder if there are small things I can do to change these bothersome problems?

Thanks in advance !

Guest Cowardly Courage
I just want to say, thanks for the huge support !

I am deeply happy with this rom, but one question.

I am currently using Prebake download (alpha3)(2) from my original TFIN_P729BV1.0.0B03(2.1).

I notice sometimes my wifi drops while it sleeps and my CPU is always at 90%+ and some sluggishness when waking up the phone from sleep mode.

I know its at alpha stage but wonder if there are small things I can do to change these bothersome problems?

Thanks in advance !

first of all, try reboot once. When I Installed Paul's alpha rom, I also got around 90% cpu usage, i think Paul or some forum member already found the problem, see page 3 or 4 CKPD-daemon problem. You need a reboot, it fixed for me.

first of all, try reboot once. When I Installed Paul's alpha rom, I also got around 90% cpu usage, i think Paul or some forum member already found the problem, see page 3 or 4 CKPD-daemon problem. You need a reboot, it fixed for me.

Yeah I noticed that, thanks :(

Now one small question that might be out of topic, my 3d performance is low and I can say some 2d games gets sluggish without any reason. Like angry birds or etc.