[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Phoenix Silver
Yeah I noticed that, thanks :(

Now one small question that might be out of topic, my 3d performance is low and I can say some 2d games gets sluggish without any reason. Like angry birds or etc.

strange i have the same rom (me alpha 4) and it's not slow

you need to install an app called OS monitor (in market)

give you which app use a lot of cpu

give me a feed back

strange i have the same rom (me alpha 4) and it's not slow

you need to install an app called OS monitor (in market)

give you which app use a lot of cpu

give me a feed back

CPU currently running around 55% load, where android system has 33% and android.process.acore has 22% but it's jumpy...

Guest Phoenix Silver
CPU currently running around 55% load, where android system has 33% and android.process.acore has 22% but it's jumpy...

it's too high

should be at more or less 10 % (here it's 10% with widgets and so on)

another app eating cpu ?

it's too high

another app eating cpu ?

Not really, I mean I have no applications installed atm. Just pure normal alpha 3. I I left my htc wildfire for zte blade as I found the higher resolution to be a good thing !

Not really, I mean I have no applications installed atm. Just pure normal alpha 3. I I left my htc wildfire for zte blade as I found the higher resolution to be a good thing !

Replying to myself.

I am using the Finnish Fillyjonk lite version, and everything now runs smooth and perfect !

Edited by Cirno

I upgraded from alpha 3 to alpha 4 and the GPS does not seem to be working anymore. A couple of other people have had the same problem. Is there a solution to this ??

Quick question been using search function and tried lurking here. Have a friend who uses the alpha3 and he wonders is there any change to change the lockscreen ?

He would want stock one for 2.2.

Thanks in advance !

it's too high

another app eating cpu ?

Updating to the latest clockwork etc solved this for me.

With the standard procedure, factory wipe, install from SD etc

Guest Frankish
I just feel that Paul stop working on this phone... :(

How about you take into consideration the fact it's Christmas period still, he has lots of other rom's to maintain for other devices, he has been ill and there has been no reason for him to update this rom.

Guest andorko
Not that I know of. Let's get listening working first. :(

P

Hi all

I've written an FM Radio aplication for the SF , that "works" on froyo. It works longer than just the first 3 seconds, but it is in very early state of development, and there are no volume controls, no design etc.

FM Radio app

I just feel that Paul stop working on this phone... :(

Well, you should keep that to yourself.

As been looking here around Paul seem to have a lot of work to do with different roms and helping, plus he might have lot to do outside maintaining roms and the forum.

If he doesn't state anything then you can keep delusions for yourself(not in a bad meaning).

**Question**

Now that I have 2x zte blades, both LCD versions. I have one with Finnish Fillyjonk and the other one with Paul's alpha3.

With Paul's alpha3 I receive a lot better 3D performance, however my 2D performance seems to be rather sluggish, also pro launcher seems to run in slow-motion.

But with Fillyjonk I seem to receive less 3D performance and better 2D performance also I seem to be able to run pro launcher without any lag-spikes and etc.

So my question is there anyway to get both good 3D as well as good 2D performance overall?

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Cirno

Guest Frankish
Hi all

I've written an FM Radio aplication for the SF , that "works" on froyo. It works longer than just the first 3 seconds, but it is in very early state of development, and there are no volume controls, no design etc.

FM Radio app

It works. I hope we can sort volume control, channel saving and English translation for that bottom button :(

Guest andorko
It works. I hope we can sort volume control, channel saving and English translation for that bottom button ;)

v0.2 now has volume control and the english translation :(

Guest deanhiggins2
Hi all

FM Radio app

working very good for me thanx

Guest shastar
Hi all

FM Radio app

thank you very much...great....

Guest dadashi

Has anybody tried the GPS navigation with copilot , navigon, McDrive or other nav software? Actually taken it out on a long drive?

Edited by dadashi

Guest DominicA

You are my hero!!! I was just about to revert back to 2.1 and now I don't have to, thankyou!!

Hi all

FM Radio app

Edited by DominicA

Guest robng15
Has anybody tried the GPS navigation with copilot , navigon, McDrive or other nav software? Actually taken it out on a long drive?

Yes, I use copilot, on alpha4, and have had no problems

Guest GeoffMills

Not sure where I should ask this. Here is my best guess ATM.

I replaced the stock ROM of a new SF phone with the "alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip"

It seems to have installed OK but I can't view or access the contents of the SD card when I plug in the USB cable.

The USB connection shows a connected icon on the phone and in WinXP the "Removable drive (L)" icon appears in the drive list just like before

but when I click on it I get a "Please Insert a disk..." message, rather than an explorer window showing the sdcard contents, as it did with the previous ROM.

In the 'Settings' of the new ROM there doesn't seem to be a USB section, where I can make any changes to the config.

Please can someone tell me what I'm missing here?

Kind regards,

Geoff Mills