[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Might seem like a stupid question, but does the Touchwiz launcher runs fluently on this ROM ?

It does not on the other ROMS I tried, altough it can run fluently on a Pulse...

* bump *

(Not trying to be a nuisance - and I appreciate the hard work. Just keen to learn your thoughts on this issue - I know it's the #1 problem for many people on here.)

I haven't seen the 'locking up' problem. Hence, more info needed!

P

I haven't seen the 'locking up' problem. Hence, more info needed!

OK, thanks! :P

Basically, many people report that their touchscreen and hardware buttons are intermittently locked out at the lock screen upon waking, and they need to pull the battery. This happens on *any* 2.2 ROM for those affected, but *none* of the 2.1 ROMs. May be a difficult one to track down since it's not affecting everyone...

Edited by JCPren

Guest yeawhatever

Paul. loving the speed of development on this.

After testing since last night, I have to say I have no major complaints. I ended up resetting my wireless password as for some reason alpha1 didnt accept long string passwords (see further up in this topic)

I have noticed that Titanium is playing MUCH nicer with this rom. I would often have problems with it hanging on black boot screen in R3, but now it works fine.....Oops spoke to soon, just fired it up to test and it has hung at asking for root rights. Assuming this is SU related.

Looking at your changelog, didnt notice anything about APNs being added. Is this included in the general modaco optimisations? :P

Not had any screen locks (but then I have never suffered this problem)

Been trying to find any other bugs which havent already been mentioned, but struggling. I have noticed that sometimes pressing menu straight after device goes to sleep, wakes it...but then also other times it doesn't. Not exactly what you would call a show stopper

Cant wait for alpha 2

Edited by yeawhatever

This is purely anecdotal, but I and the few people I know with blades do not have this issue with any of the Froyo roms, perhaps it's a common hardware fault with some devices that Froyo aggravates.

Happened on my Finnish Blade with every Froyo rom tested

If you can get coarse location working this rom will officially get the 'OMG Best R0m Ev4r!!1' award. :P

There is simple fix for that, "adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf" with this config-file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2284862/gps.conf

(should work with this rom, didnt try it, but it worked with others)

Guest harry_m
Current alpha2 changelog...

alpha2 (upcoming)

• Completely rebuilt with the MCR optimisation scripts
  • Enabled hardware acceleration + stagefright tweaking

P

If you enable "media.stagefright.enable-player=true" - we will get that green-bar in youtube.

Guest yeawhatever

One more issie I found:

added facebook account to sync with, however doesnt appear to work. Non of my contacts have had their pics updated

If you go back into accounts, facebook is not listed. If you try to re-add, it just returns you to account overview menu.

Hope that makes sence

Guest RichBayliss
alpha2 (upcoming)
  • Exchange Email fix

Paul,

What fix is this? Is their an issue with the 2.2 Exchange email?

Edited by RichBayliss

This is just nitpicking but...theres a chinese ringtone with a chinese name in the "ringtone" options...can you have a look at it... :P

Its actually a nice tune lol

Guest yeawhatever
That didn't work in previous Froyo releases either. Does it work in 2.1 roms?

If you are refering to the facebook sync, dont think I even had it as an option on previous Froyo builds

Any chance on getting some kind of fix for the 5mp camera on finnish blades?

Maybe it's possible to rip camera functionality from the original Finnish blade rom (Saunalahti) and add it to this 2.2 rom? And also some people said there are some problems with display on Finnish blade, maybe you could check that also?

Guest rayraven
If you enable "media.stagefright.enable-player=true" - we will get that green-bar in youtube.

Disabling it will kill Quadrant scores, but will fix the local HQ videos.

It's a choice really, between beautiful videos and Quadrant scores.

The "media.stagefright.enable-http=false" only fixes the HQ bar for streaming videos, as it makes android use the old Opencore framework for streaming videos and not local ones, essentially letting Quadrant use stagefright for benchmarking, hence the higher scores.

I think the stagefright bugs were fixed in 2.2.1, so it's either the green bar or low scores for us for now.

Unless Paul & others work some magic :P

Cheers.

Guest Andy Maclean
There is simple fix for that, "adb push gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf" with this config-file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2284862/gps.conf

(should work with this rom, didnt try it, but it worked with others)

This doesn't enable coarse location, it appears to be some Qualcomm thing that supplies a temporary location while getting a satellite fix. Also it doesn't seem to work properly as it just puts you in the Yorkshire Dales (54.000, -2.000) until you get a fix. Which is great, provided you live at that exact point! :P

If you disable GPS and try and get your location in google maps it should find you, currently in all froyo roms it returns the error 'Your current location is temporarily unavailable'. At least this is the case for all the blade users I know in the UK.

Guest ShakeyB
If you are refering to the facebook sync, dont think I even had it as an option on previous Froyo builds

Doesn't work on any Eclair builds I've tried (even stock) either iirc

Guest Andy Maclean
Too many people obsessed with Quadrant scores! If it runs good it's all good. Roll on r2 Paul :P

I agree! I highly doubt getting 100 extra on your Quadrant score will have any effect on real world performance.

Disabling it will kill Quadrant scores, but will fix the local HQ videos.

It's a choice really, between beautiful videos and Quadrant scores.

The "media.stagefright.enable-http=false" only fixes the HQ bar for streaming videos, as it makes android use the old Opencore framework for streaming videos and not local ones, essentially letting Quadrant use stagefright for benchmarking, hence the higher scores.

I think the stagefright bugs were fixed in 2.2.1, so it's either the green bar or low scores for us for now.

Unless Paul & others work some magic :P

Cheers.

Erm, as far as my testing shows, you can enable all stagefright options bar the http one, and get good Quadrant scores as well as no green line in Youtube HQ. I scored 1030 on Quadrant with this build last night, and my Youtube HQ looks fine.

Edit:- Not tested local videos, you may be right with this.

Edited by cobhc