[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi P, thanks for the update. I'm curious if you'll build a new ROM if we get a different Kernel from the China release on Wednesday?

Thanks!

L

Well, i'm actually away until the 10th January, but if a better release comes, of course i'll base the next MCR on it. :(

P

Good work paul,

Regarding a non wipe, i just flash this with clockwork recovery thats all?

Will it wipe all my user data and apps etc - i take it it will?

It won't...

P

Well, i'm actually away until the 10th January, but if a better release comes, of course i'll base the next MCR on it. :(

P

Win! ;)

You shouldn't bring your work when on holiday though, you might spill fruit juice on phone.

Can U PLZZ MAKE A non kitchen alpha 5 download link, im not a premium member thats why

Sorry to be blunt but either spend the £10 on becoming a member where you can bake your own or just wait until Paul put a prebake one up

Guest Totyasrác
Can U PLZZ MAKE A non kitchen alpha 5 download link, im not a premium member thats why

You have two options:

1. Become a member - it's cheap, fast and painless.

2. Be patient - prebakes will arrive sometime soon.

Guest youngbrov
You have two options:

1. Become a member - it's cheap, fast and painless.

2. Be patient - prebakes will arrive sometime soon.

can u not upload ur rom which i can download and use

Just flashed from alpha4 -> alpha5 and it seems like the ambient light sensor doesn't work anymore. Worked perfect in alpha4 :( Anyone else noticed this when flashing alpha5 or is it just me?

Guest AndyHibberd

Regarding going from r4 to r5 when compiling the r5 in the kitchen do I have to choose all the system apps I chose for r4 or cna I just pick the core system for r5 and use that as an update?

In other words does r5 overwrite/replace anything that already exists on the phone system partition or does it work with what is already there?

Andy

Guest PeTiNgA
Just flashed from alpha4 -> alpha5 and it seems like the ambient light sensor doesn't work anymore. Worked perfect in alpha4 :( Anyone else noticed this when flashing alpha5 or is it just me?

I'm having the same issue, light sensor not working ;)

Guest Simon O
I'm having the same issue, light sensor not working :(

What did you bake into the rom? The differences between r4 and r5 are android.policy.jar fixed and some Google apps updated. The libs haven't been touched so there shouldn't be any reason why the ambient light sensor has stopped working. Does the screen still turn off when you make a call and hold the phone to your ear?

Guest PeTiNgA
What did you bake into the rom? The differences between r4 and r5 are android.policy.jar fixed and some Google apps updated. The libs haven't been touched so there shouldn't be any reason why the ambient light sensor has stopped working. Does the screen still turn off when you make a call and hold the phone to your ear?

Nevermind... it started worked again. Had and "Process ... is not responding, Wait / Force Close" the first time I've tried to disable and re-enable Automatic Brightness. Tried it one more time and light-sensor started working again. So I guess is a non-issue, don't know why it started acting weird after first boot though.

And yes, proximity sensor is working.

Edited by PeTiNgA

Win! ;)

You shouldn't bring your work when on holiday though, you might spill fruit juice on phone.

Hah, I meant when I get home!

I don't plan to update ROMs while i'm snowboarding. :(

P

Guest Never Again

Hallo, Friends of the ZTE Blade!

At first I want to introduce myself because I'm new here

I'm from Austria so I beg your pardon I forgot a lot of the English I've learned.

I'm also a Ubuntu(=Linux)-User.

Ok, so I have a ZTE Blade with a TFT-Display and a 3.2M-Camera.

My Problem is now:

I tried to installed Android 2.2.

Of course I didn't made a backup, such a shame! I'm really an idiot. ;)

All description, like to root the phone, fastboot and clockwork, function very well on my phone.

After then I tried a file only called "update.zip" (round about 80 MB). But at this one the installation failed. :(

A big hammer for me! no backup and the phone didn't boot anymore! ;)

So I took "alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip".

The Phone function after this again. ...but only with some disfigurements:

When I boot the phone the language is at first English. ...don't understand me wrong. English is ok.

But after opening the first icon the language change into German. ...but not in all parts.

When I push the menu-button the icons have the name in English.

Some programs like facebook and twitter I can not deinstalled it.

And the Bluetooth doesn't really function.

I don't know if some else have the same problems.

But I would be very glad if some one could help me to make my phone more comfortable and more beautyfull.

Please don't forget: I'm really a beginner in android.

Thank you very much for your helps.

Nevermind... it started worked again. Had and "Process ... is not responding, Wait / Force Close" the first time I've tried to disable and re-enable Automatic Brightness. Tried it one more time and light-sensor started working again. So I guess is a non-issue, don't know why it started acting weird after first boot though.

And yes, proximity sensor is working.

Sweet, got it working after some fiddling around with the setting and a reboot :(

Guest dadashi
Hallo, Friends of the ZTE Blade!

At first I want to introduce myself because I'm new here

I'm from Austria so I beg your pardon I forgot a lot of the English I've learned.

I'm also a Ubuntu(=Linux)-User.

Ok, so I have a ZTE Blade with a TFT-Display and a 3.2M-Camera.

My Problem is now:

I tried to installed Android 2.2.

Of course I didn't made a backup, such a shame! I'm really an idiot. ;)

All description, like to root the phone, fastboot and clockwork, function very well on my phone.

After then I tried a file only called "update.zip" (round about 80 MB). But at this one the installation failed. :(

A big hammer for me! no backup and the phone didn't boot anymore! ;)

So I took "alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip".

The Phone function after this again. ...but only with some disfigurements:

When I boot the phone the language is at first English. ...don't understand me wrong. English is ok.

But after opening the first icon the language change into German. ...but not in all parts.

When I push the menu-button the icons have the name in English.

Some programs like facebook and twitter I can not deinstalled it.

And the Bluetooth doesn't really function.

I don't know if some else have the same problems.

But I would be very glad if some one could help me to make my phone more comfortable and more beautyfull.

Please don't forget: I'm really a beginner in android.

Thank you very much for your helps.

If you're new to android then I suggest you don't install any alpha roms...

Install Pauls modaco R4 Eclair 2.1, it's guarantied to work with no problems. Everything works, LED keys, FM radio, GPS, Bluetooth, all the sensors etc... generaly a 100% fool proof rom ;)

And I think german comes up automaticaly if you start it for the first time with an Austrian carrier...

Edited by dadashi