[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jonesmann

Hello!

Thank you Paul for the new release.

Just for clarification, what is the best way to go from alpha5 to alpha6? (without losing all apps and data)

1. Do a Backup in Clockwork Recovery via nandroid. (Just in Case :D)

2. then follow the usual way, in Clockword Recovery "install zip fom sdcard" & "choose zip from sdcard" & "choose the new file".

best regards

Hello!

Thank you Paul for the new release.

Just for clarification, what is the best way to go from alpha5 to alpha6? (without losing all apps and data)

1. Do a Backup in Clockwork Recovery via nandroid. (Just in Case :P)

2. then follow the usual way, in Clockword Recovery "install zip fom sdcard" & "choose zip from sdcard" & "choose the new file".

best regards

Exactly. :D

P

Guest punkmilitia
Wifi doesn't work with alpha6, it shows "Error" under WLAN.

Upgraded without wipe from alpha5.

New kernal = good idea to wipe because of the drastic changes, so do a wipe and all should be fine.

Edited by punkmilitia

cifs.ko did not load, not even by the CifsManager until I used CifsManager settings to load using insmod instead of modprobe.

I still can't get cifs mount to work properly though. If I run it from launcher I get ""Application is not installed on your phone"

If I run it from the market it works.

Edited by samjam

Guest PeTiNgA
I don't have a set of headphones handy... if someone could confirm the FM radio 1.05 app works OK on this ROM I can add it to the kitchen.

P

I can confirm that FM radio 1.05 is working with Alpha 6 :D

Thanks for the update Paul!

EDIT: The only thing that's not working atm is "Display Auto-brigthness", but this already happened when updating to Alpha5 and then after some time it started working again, so it's probably an issue on my end, not the ROM.

Edited by PeTiNgA

Guest panteraz

Thanks a lot for continuing the project for all us who dont want to install the battery drainer rom of Japanese Jelly.. Just installed over alpha4 without wiping anything and worked like charm.

Get any requests in for r7 now! :D

P

Pretty quiet for an open invitation. I guess we've reached a monumental stage. (I wonder if that's why we're moving out of Alpha status?)

Curious though, is it good to overclock?

It's probably the stock lockscreen that fixes it as I'm using that in my ROM and giffgaff shows correctly.

I'm using Seb's Froyo ROM with the new kernel and the stock lockscreen. Giffgaff comes up as Telefonica O2 UK Ltd.

BTW, is it possible to go from Seb's ROM to this one without losing all my settings/apps etc.?

Cheers :D

Hi,

Im new to this forum so hi,

anyway, with this rom it seems that i need to reboot my phone to get some texts

Thankyou

Edited by Lostie

Guest UbaRolfey

Just thought it was worth mentioning that from time to time my phone is rebooting, even without overclocking, now this maybe to do with something I have installed, but I wondered if anyone else was suffering from the same issue?

Mike

Guest mikes77a

Bug on R6:

-Haptic feedback not work (when I push the button, not vibrate the phone+incoming message not vibrate)

-auto blacklight still not work

Upgrade to R4, whith no wipe

Best regards Paul!

sorry my baaaaaaad english

Edited by mikes77a

P

gingerbread keyboard and maybe zeam launcher in prebake so i dont need to install the original :P

But not sure if that is the way you usually do it...

Thanks

Erik

Guest Putterill

I'd love to see the gingerbread keyboard, circle battery indicator (or any with %), and I believe facebook contacts sync is working on one of the other roms, that would be excellent :D

Guest Donkey Oaty

I've upgraded from R5 to R6 without a wipe no problems. Back light in the buttons now work but wifi is still dripping out and not reconnecting after sleep.

Well it appears it does reconnect after sleep but not always.

Edited by Donkey Oaty

Excellent stuff Paul! I've been using your ROMs exclusively since day 1 and I'm very grateful for all your hard work.

P

Gingerbread Keyboard would be a good option to have in the kitchen, next to the HTC IME option perhaps?

Edited by asim18

I'd been waiting for this new kernel release for a few days now since the kernel source was made available by ZTE and as I did not see any sign of Paul working on an alpha6 release I installed flibblesan's ROM last night.

The FLB Froyo 6 ROM has been great so far and I haven't had a touch screen freeze yet (but only one day in) but I would have waited for Paul's update as I've been so impressed with his work so far.

Is there somewhere I could have looked to find out Paul was working on this? Sorry if I've not used the search facility properly as people love to point out on this site!