[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest idolakis

I love the "circle battery indicator" from Jellyfish.

So after installing Paul's r7 I installed the

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator)

which crashed completely my phone.

But I have made my backup first, so no problem.

However, please awoid this, it does not work... I should have known...

Guest philmein
I love the "circle battery indicator" from Jellyfish.

So after installing Paul's r7 I installed the

Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS7_circle_battery.zip (Addon to enable circle battery indicator)

which crashed completely my phone.

But I have made my backup first, so no problem.

However, please awoid this, it does not work... I should have known...

circle batt mod works for me on r7 updated from r6 no wipe

Guest Marvintheparanoidandroid

Just posting to say thanks for Alpha 5. Happily installed on top of Alpha 3 and a great improvement on that, particularly the stock lockscreen. ;)

r7 updated, SUPER

Paul, nice work, thank you very much for all your efforts. Works just fine for me.

facebook would be nice.

Is there an option to produce one r8 version with facebook fixed (which requires wipe) and an other without facebook fixed (which does not require wipe)? Just a thought?

Unfortunately not an easy process, so r8 WILL require a wipe. Sorry (but it's worth it for a number of reasons). ;)

P

Guest Shadey1
Unfortunately not an easy process, so r8 WILL require a wipe. Sorry (but it's worth it for a number of reasons). ;)

P

I look forward to r8, thanks man.

Hey guys, just wondering if the unresponsive lock screen after waking the phone up has been fixed with this release? Anyone still getting this problem? That's the only reason I'm still using the 2.1 debranded, I really want FroYo! When I was using previous FroYo ROMs the phone would become unresponsive whilst I was outside my house, which is not something that is usable.

Guest Stryke69
Hey guys, just wondering if the unresponsive lock screen after waking the phone up has been fixed with this release? Anyone still getting this problem? That's the only reason I'm still using the 2.1 debranded, I really want FroYo! When I was using previous FroYo ROMs the phone would become unresponsive whilst I was outside my house, which is not something that is usable.

Never had any problems like that with all the MoDaCo Froyo ROMs...

Thanks, Paul, for the great work, had no mayor issues with r7 so far (upgraded from a6, no wipe)!

Two little cosmetic problems:

- Airplane mode is indicated as "No sim card / please enter sim card" on lock screen

- in browser, there are a few chinese bookmarks left

Greetings from Switzerland

-- Daniel

Guest jonesmann

Hello!

Thank you Paul for releasing another fine rom. No issue so far, i was upgrading r5 to r6 to r7, without wipe.

But i have one question concerning battery life.

Here is a little run down from yesterday, i charged the phone late at night to 100%, then unpluged it and left it on the table, just 3G on and the Alarmclock on.

The next day (8 Hours later), i picked up the phone to stop the alarmclock, and the battery shows just 93%.

Than answered a few sms and whatsapp messages and the battery goes down to 88%, maybe 5 minutes.

I wonder if this consumption is normal.

best regards

PS: For R8 I would like to see "set to vibrate" and "reboot" on power hold down and "circle battery indicator" or the standard battery icon plus percentage within it. Don't need the facebook sync.

r8 will be online this morning. This is a mandatory wipe update i'm afraid.

Sneak peek at changelog:

r8 [forthcoming]
  • Reboot option on power menu
  • Removed browser buttons
  • Resigned with platform keys / shared keys - YOU MUST WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING r8
  • Facebook contact sync fix
  • Gingerbread bits (launcher / nexus wallpaper / keyboard)
  • System now mounted r/o on boot

P

looks good! ;)

Has anyone tried overclocking the r7 ROM?

Before I attempt to do this (after looking at the Japanese Jellyfish thread), is it adviseable?

cheers!

J

Guest targetbsp
Hey guys, just wondering if the unresponsive lock screen after waking the phone up has been fixed with this release?

Yes, it seems to be fixed in all the latest Froyos.

Guest Amarielle
r8 will be online this morning. This is a mandatory wipe update i'm afraid.

Sneak peek at changelog:

P

Damn. Glad I caught that post before I installed r7. ;)