[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blade_ZTE

Hi Paul, and thanks for doing such a great job providing us with these little gems!

Just loaded r8, but can't find the task manager... just me looking in the wrong place or ...? ;)

Thx!

Guest idolakis
Press power-button first to wake screen then instead of swiping to unlock the lock screen, press menu?

Yes, i know. Thank you, but r7 "Menu Unlock" still does not work for me ...

Guest ICDeadPpl

Running r8.

Can't seem to backup or restore the settings in Launcher Pro. It says it can't find sd card.

Is it maybe that it is mounted in /mnt/sdcard instead of /sdcard ?

Guest hmcguirk

The kitchen in Post #2 isnt coming up for me.

I'm trying to bake a r7 for a friend without Internet, but kitchen doesnt come up at all.

Although I can see the preliminary r8 kitchen in post #2303

Anyone else see this?

[Edit by Paul: Apologies, you hit it just as I was switching from the r7 to r8 kitchen!]

Edited by Paul

OK dudes, it's a big one... r8! ;)

This is a MANDATORY WIPE release (sorry). It won't happen again. :)

P

Changelog

r8 [forthcoming]

• Reboot option on power menu
  • Removed browser buttons
  • Resigned with platform keys / shared keys - YOU MUST WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING r8
  • Facebook contact sync fix
  • Gingerbread bits (launcher / nexus wallpaper / keyboard)
  • System now mounted r/o on boot
  • wpa_supplicant WiFi fix (details)
  • Fixed corrupt image on unlock sliders
  • Fixed 'menu to unlock' options (they were reversed).

Guest Donkey Oaty

I'm runnign R8 after a full wipe. I'm coming across a problem with Beautiful widgets Toggle switches. Specifically the toggler that allows you to disable mobile data. I know its a bit of a hack and but it previously would switch off the data transfer. Now however, when the toggle is set to off, the data transfer icon on the status bar still displays and indicates that I'm sending and recieving.

Any ideas on this or another method of disabling 3G simply?

Otherwise working great. Many thanks

Any chance on fixing speakerphone problems with skype, sipdroid & others ?

That's the biggest outstanding issue with this mobile for me.

Thanks for your great work!

Something that might give some insight into the problem (in case you haven't seen it)

I think the problem is that your versions of android are reporting SDK level 8 so the app is choosing the wrong audio switching method for your devices.

Basically the android audio apis have changed for every version of android so we have use SDK specific code for doing the speaker switching.

I might be able to get a fix specifically for you phone type into the next release but I would need some way to determine that the device was a ZTE Blade running 2.2.

I presume that 2.2 is not an official release for the Blade? is it ever likely to be? as I wouldn't want to fix it just for your ROMs (and therefore break it for any official release)

Looking at the access logs I see [2.2][P729B][Orange San Francisco][ZTE] (Os version, product, model and brand from the android Build API) is that you guys?

If you compile your own roms you could try setting the reported SDK to be 7 (Build.VERSION.SDK) and see if that fixes it

As I say if you can get back to me with some more info I might be able to get a fix in for you

cheers

Chris

HulloMail Dev

In skype (& others) you can ONLY use the speakerphone, you cannot switch(and it doesn't start in) with output to the usual audio device as used when making calls.

Interesting, what is the problem exactly? Speakerphone doesn't work or...? Is that from Skype?

P

Guest idolakis
In skype (& others) you can ONLY use the speakerphone, you cannot switch(and it doesn't start in) with output to the usual audio device as used when making calls.

Have the same problem wit SKYPE and always/only speakerphone.

Have tried alpha 3-6, as well as r7 and all have the same issue.

JellyFish 4 had the same issue too, I do not know if it is fixed in the later versions, as I prefer Paul's ROMs.

It is a major issue for me too.