[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest idolakis
Various other software not working (sipdroid, linphone...) would strongly suggest there is a problem with the blade (it happened on all builds (2.1, 2.2) I tried).

Paul, another comment that might hopefully shed some light:

http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/detail?id=366#c69

another link about the same issue:

http://code.google.com/p/csipsimple/issues/detail?id=542

So it seems NOT to be a SKYPE issue... am I right?

just flashed r8 from the kitchen, getting forced closed from the setup asisstent (can choose between "com.android.provision." and "Setup-Asisstent")

help? ;)

I'm getting about 37 of these per second in dmesg:

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.291061] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 0, Value: -79

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.291061] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: 13

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.291061] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.346560] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 0, Value: -92

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.346560] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: 0

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.346560] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.396388] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 3, Code: 1, Value: 13

<7>[01-14 17:00:58.396388] [1324: akmd2]evbug.c: Event. Dev: input2, Type: 0, Code: 0, Value: 0

[code]

Anyone know what they are?

I disabled auto-rotate and it went away.

I think that rate of logging is a bit excessive.

Edited by samjam

Guest solarwallin

i just installed r7, and i keep having some lines vertical and horizodicaly at camera(both video and image shot)

anyone knows whats may be wrong?

Guest t0mm13b
i just installed r7, and i keep having some lines vertical and horizodicaly at camera(both video and image shot)

anyone knows whats may be wrong?

Increase the VM size, try 38Mb ;)

The banding has to do with VM size setting....

Guest Amarielle

Just a quick issue with my latest flash of r8 - I have "Dialer" and also "Phone". Now, Phone works just as expected and is the one I want - Dialer (dunno why its there) Force closes. Not a biggy, considering you can ignore the icon but figured I'd post.

In settings, Manage Applications, All I have two Dialer applications, one at 828KB (white border around icon) and one at 92KB (similar icon, no white border), also a Dialer Storage (white border like the 828KB dialer) at 336KB

When I run the 92KB dialer without the border, it always FC's

When I click on phone-numbers in other apps, they offer me a choice of "Dialer" (which FC's) and "Phone" (the 828KB dialer) which doesn't FC.

What is this 92KB dialer without the white border? Do we need it?

bummer

Just what I didn't want

Nice having the menu button to unlock

But

if the phone is locked and not on the lock screen to unlock if you press the menu button twice it unlocks the phone

not good if its in your pocket and gets knocked accidentally

Other than that and the dialler below it's a nice rom so far

Confirm pressing the dialler app and it just closes but the other phone app works

Guest PeTiNgA
In settings, Manage Applications, All I have two Dialer applications, one at 828KB (white border around icon) and one at 92KB (similar icon, no white border), also a Dialer Storage (white border like the 828KB dialer) at 336KB

When I run the 92KB dialer without the border, it always FC's

When I click on phone-numbers in other apps, they offer me a choice of "Dialer" (which FC's) and "Phone" (the 828KB dialer) which doesn't FC.

What is this 92KB dialer without the white border? Do we need it?

I can replicate this. I assume the dialer that FC is the ZTE Dialer, which IMO is pretty good with T9 support.

just flashed r8 from the kitchen, getting forced closed from the setup asisstent (can choose between "com.android.provision." and "Setup-Asisstent")

help? ;)

no help here? redownloaded again r8 from the kitchen, flashed the *.zip via clockworkmod 2.5.1.8, did a factory reset and the phone still gets force closed after booting (at the setup assistant)

getting the following errors:

"Sorry, the system is not responding"

"The Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

"The Process com.android.setupwizard has stopped unexpectedly"

im using a ZTE Blade from Austria (Stock firmware is YESSS)

Edited by hacki

yes did a factory reset/data wipe and a cache wipe.

flashed jjrls7 - worked just fine. with the kitchen download i get the errors i described above. maybe its an app that i checked to be in /system ?

If/when a Gingerbread theme is inevitably made are you going to include it as an option in the kitchen or as part of the GB Apps option? Thatd be awesome.

OH! ALSO! Does/can this ROM include the stock Android dialer? I genuinely prefer it to the ZTE one haha

Edited by jtc42

Guest PeTiNgA

Just one more thing Paul...

Fantastic, really fantastic rom.

Even with "stock" launcher and live wallpapers activated, everything is super smooth. Really impressive! Thanks for your hard work Paul! ;)

Guest Frankish
Because the platform one is the one that should be used for these components. ;)

P

Fair one. Just backing up my current install and then going to flash a test version of a plain stock Gingerbread theme....

no help here? redownloaded again r8 from the kitchen, flashed the *.zip via clockworkmod 2.5.1.8, did a factory reset and the phone still gets force closed after booting (at the setup assistant)

getting the following errors:

"Sorry, the system is not responding"

"The Process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly"

"The Process com.android.setupwizard has stopped unexpectedly"

im using a ZTE Blade from Austria (Stock firmware is YESSS)

i think i got it to work, after i flashed JJ RLS7 i flashed modaco custom froyo r8 again (in an light version, just the core google apps) and it booted without starting the setup assistant.

so i dont know why this happened, maybe its a bug if you upgrade from 2.1 directly to r8.

Guest Nick Rhodes
i think i got it to work, after i flashed JJ RLS7 i flashed modaco custom froyo r8 again (in an light version, just the core google apps) and it booted without starting the setup assistant.

so i dont know why this happened, maybe its a bug if you upgrade from 2.1 directly to r8.

I am getting the same issue, I will try JJ first... Cheers, Nick.

Guest yeawhatever
In settings, Manage Applications, All

Just installed R8 and noticed same issue with FC of other dialler....But until paul posts solution why dont you simply set working dialler to be default.