[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Is it just me, or is anyone else missing the person logo on the messaging app where you can choose more than one person to send a message to at once.

Bump!

Guest SWOriginal
Only problem with transparent lockscreen is the text for time, date and operator. Like most people i use mostly dark backgrounds and this makes all 3 mentioned texts unreadable. Better to stick to current one for now and let people edit their own. Here is mine i did for the revo theme.

yours does look great, the main issue with the original is that i change my wallpaper atleast 4 or 5 times a day so it just feels odd for me to have a light lockscreen and a dark wallpaper. ive had no issue with the text on my lockscreen even with a plain black wallpaper as the lockscreen background has a black transparency level of 50% .

Heres the galaxy theme with my lockscreen for anyone to try out anyway - Download

Guest SWOriginal
Bump!

I also had the issue (can only type the name of the person to txt: cannot select multiple people), Use the messaging app from fibblesans froyo rom and everything works as expected

Guest Martin H.

Alpha3:

Located Issues from a tester:

-- The menu language of the stock launcher (pressing menu on the home screen) is only in English. The "only English" on several other places are all in all ok.

-- The android keyboard (e.g. in the browser) is only qwerty, the setting are also only in English. I'am not able to set this to qwertz (missing app?).

Know issue:

-- google maps or other apps like weather can not locate where they are without GPS (and weather often not with GPS too)

Guest 2smart4class

ive copied the files from alpha 3 onto my sd card and booted to clockword mode, but cant seem to flash the file as it is asking about zip files??

Guest 2smart4class
ive copied the files from alpha 3 onto my sd card and booted to clockword mode, but cant seem to flash the file as it is asking about zip files??

are there any instruction on how to flash alpha 3. i could do it with for r1r2r3 and r4. but now its not in zpi format?

Guest sonny crockett

Issues seen by me are:

1. The ZTE weather widget force closes when going to set the location

2. Market when going to downloads sometimes has no connection

3. Have seen some wifi reconnect issues when been sleeping.

No screen locks though so hope that remains as that is what has made me remove other 2.2's

Thanks Paul

Guest SWOriginal
Is there any way to change to the Stock Android 2.2 Lock Screen? with the Horizontal Swipe?

Unless paul manages to patch it, your better off purchasing widget locker

Only problem I am having is getting logged into Google as it just comes up with password incorrect all the time even tho I have checked it via Internet on the phone. Other than that no problems.

Anybody got any ideas. Have tried both 3G and Wifi. I can log onto google using browser but not using google logon from mail, talk or market.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Unless paul manages to patch it, your better off purchasing widget locker

Ah I had a peek about in the APK's nothing had resources that looked like the Lockscreen, I did pull out the bootlogo thou that was simple

Guest Frankish
Ah I had a peek about in the APK's nothing had resources that looked like the Lockscreen, I did pull out the bootlogo thou that was simple

Lockscreen images are in framework-res.apk. Behavior is set in android.policy.jar. Smali code needs changing.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Lockscreen images are in framework-res.apk. Behavior is set in android.policy.jar. Smali code needs changing.

Cheers great info - is it normal practice to find and use replacements from other ROMS, or is the approach to decompile .dex files...

Guest yeawhatever

Guys can anyone send me the files to change the theme of the lockscreen. Both me and the misses have got a San Francisco and its hard to tell who's is who's as both have got the blue lockscreen.

Quite liked the transparent one, but could you make the circle quadrant opaque so its easier to see where the lock slider needs to be slid....got to make it gf proof ;)

Otherwise I liked the one Frankish did. Will have a look at themes and see if I can extract just the lockscreen as I don't mind the standard theme.

I'm running alpha 3 by the way if it affects any of the file that I need ie framework

Guest Al_Jolson

I have noticed in the last couple of days that the contents of the "download" folder on my SD card are being repeatedly wiped. Not sure if it's upon reboot or whatever, but I keep copying files in there only to find the folder empty next time I look. This only started when I moved to this ROM.

Anyone else got an empty "download" folder?

Guest SWOriginal
Guys can anyone send me the files to change the theme of the lockscreen. Both me and the misses have got a San Francisco and its hard to tell who's is who's as both have got the blue lockscreen.

Quite liked the transparent one, but could you make the circle quadrant opaque so its easier to see where the lock slider needs to be slid....got to make it gf proof :P

Otherwise I liked the one Frankish did. Will have a look at themes and see if I can extract just the lockscreen as I don't mind the standard theme.

I'm running alpha 3 by the way if it affects any of the file that I need ie framework

If your going to pull the files from a framework the required files are : emergence_null.png & unlock_bg.png ;) .

About the transparent lockscreen, when you touch the magnifier two animated arrows appear so there should not be any confusion.

I have noticed in the last couple of days that the contents of the "download" folder on my SD card are being repeatedly wiped. Not sure if it's upon reboot or whatever, but I keep copying files in there only to find the folder empty next time I look. This only started when I moved to this ROM.

Anyone else got an empty "download" folder?

I've noticed some of the icons I had saved in there have gone, and most of my pictures took by the internal camera have now gone. I wonder if it's part of the duplicate image bug that Paul has now fixed? I'll reflash the new version where it's fixed and see how I get on.

Guest Frankish
Cheers great info - is it normal practice to find and use replacements from other ROMS, or is the approach to decompile .dex files...

It's always worth trying but FYI i tried an android.policy.jar from a different froyo build (flibs) and the lockscreen works but text is really messed up. Standard practise would be to decompile the classes.dex from android.policy.jar and modify that.

Guys with disappearing files. Are you using old school a2sd? I already explained about sdcard corruption using it.

It's always worth trying but FYI i tried an android.policy.jar from a different froyo build (flibs) and the lockscreen works but text is really messed up. Standard practise would be to decompile the classes.dex from android.policy.jar and modify that.

Guys with disappearing files. Are you using old school a2sd? I already explained about sdcard corruption using it.

What do you mean by Old School A2SD?