[ROM][eclair][OLED+TFT] Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS4 (13/Dec)

Guest Freekers

Guest The Hiphopapotamus

Been using this ROM for a couple of days now, all working fine on my TFT, once I had usedthe earlier version of clockwork anyway.

The only weird issue I;m having is that for some reason it won't sync anything with Facebook (I'm new to android so I didn't even know it could do this, but got shown on my friend's phone yesterday). When you try to add a Facebook account in the settings - accounts & sync, it doesn't add it to the list of accounts ont he phone. the only one there is my gmail.

Please forgive me if I'm doing something simple wrng (I even deleted and re-installed the FB app) as like I say I'm new to android, but neither me or my friend could figure it out...

Don't think this has been already asked Freekers, but does the replacement Gallery App still allow you to set dock icons for LauncherPro? All replacements I've tried before don't seem to work with setting icons.

Does for you guys corse location work over wifi in google maps? in the r3 this didnt work for me. interestingly it did work in the un-costumized blade villain rom...

Hi, excellent rom which i've now settled on after trying most. However, i have noticed that the dialer is using more battery than android system under "partial wake time" in spare parts. Can someone else have a look and see what they are getting. Battery life does seem to be a bit lower than I usually get. After about 10 hrs, the dialer has used about 1.5 hrs of wake time.

Guest StevePJ

Freekers,

A big thank you for this...I have tried quite a few roms, but like yours the best. Installed no problems yesterday. One issue though. The Gallery app still FC's. Is there anything i can do to address this or do i need to wait for a fix?

Once again, sterling work bud!

Guest Ricksy75
About RELEASE:

This is a customised ROM based upon the latest BladeVillain 1.1.0 ROM by Kendon, which is based on the hungarian ZTE Blade ROM, which is more recent than the Orange ROM and also a bit more recent than the French blade ROM.

All credit goes to Kendon @ VillainRom for creating the original BladeVillain ROM !! I just added/removed/replaced some stuff/apps.

Please head over to VillainRom and encourage Kendon to resume working on this magnificent ROM !

This is the first ROM I ever 'created' so go easy on me...

ANDROID:

* Based on the Hungarian TM_P729TV1.0.0B02 ROM

* Added Blade WiFi Fix

* Added WiFi Keep-Alive (See note #1)

* Added Titanium backup

* Added Launcher Pro (Faster than stock launcher. Stock launcher is still included to be able to change wallpapers and use the stock wallpapers. See note #8)

* Replaced standard 3D Gallery app with PictureFolder as gallery app (3D Gallery eats CPU and lags)

* Removed XT9IME (FC's on a lot of languages)

* Removed ZTE Taskmanager (FC's when trying to watch CPU monitor/Resources)

* Removed ZTE bootanimation and replaced it with Android stock

* Removed fcctest (emc emissions compliance tester, shouldn't be on the phone)

* Removed QcNvTest.apk and ChiperTest.apk. (Neither are standard Android apps and don't appear to add anything useful)

* Disabled annoying camera shutter and video recording beep

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Adfree Android (See note #2)

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Spare Parts (See note #3)

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Autokiller (See note #4)

* (FAT Edition Only) Added Watchdog Lite (See note #5)

Original BladeVillain 1.0.1 release notes which also apply to 1.1.0:

Source: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthre...deVillain-1.0.1

NOTES:

(1) After flashing this ROM, remember to go into WiFi Keep-Alive and set the desired Wi-Fi Behaviour to 'Always On'.

Also, go into Advanced Options and Enable Workaround 1,2,3 and 4. Afterwards, reboot phone for changes to take effect.

(2) AdFree removes most ads in the browser and other apps. It does this by nullifying requests to known hostnames serving ads.

After flashing this ROM, remember to go into AdFree and update your local hosts file

To do this, start AdFree from the menu, allow SuperUser Access and press 'Download&Install Hosts'. Afterwards, reboot phone for changes to take effect.

(3) ProTip: After flashing this ROM, go into SpareParts and set the 'Windows animations' and 'Transition animations' speed to 'Fast' for a smooth and fast UI.

(4) Autokiller may sound like an agressive Auto-Taskkiller, but it's not. Please see http://geekfor.me/faq/autokiller/ for more information about Autokiller.

After flashing this ROM, remember to go into Autokiller and choose your desired profile. I recommand using the 'Optimum' profile.

To do this, start Autokiller from the menu, press your phone's Menu button and select 'Default profile'. From there, select the Optimum profile.

(5) Watchdog monitors your background apps and warns you if they are misbehaving, in other words eating up your CPU thus causing battery drainage.

After flashing this ROM, remember to go into Watchdog Lite and set the CPU threshold (I recommand 30%).

To do this, start Watchdog Lite from the menu, press your phone's Menu button and click on 'CPU threshold. In the new menu that pops up, select 30%.

Do not change the CPU interpoling interval. 1 minute is a good value. A too low value will cause battery drainage and a too high value will cause that Watchdog can't operate correctly.

For more information about Watchdog, please go to http://www.zomut.com/watchdog

(6) If your camera is black and white, install 'VM Heap Tool' from the market and lower your VM Heap Size to 32

(7) If you want to have the camera shutter and video recording beep back, install Root Explorer and go to system\media\audio\ui

Rename camera_click.old to camera_click.ogg and rename VideoRecord.old to VideoRecord.ogg

(8) Make sure to use LauncherPro as default launcher.

If you accedently set the stock Launcher as default Launcher, download HomeSwitcher from the market and set LauncherPro as default launcher.

DOWNLOAD:

Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 FAT RLS4

Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 LITE RLS4

Last Updated: 12-12-2010 (RLS4)

HISTORY:

RLS4:

- Updated PictureFolder to latest version which shouldn't FC after ROM flash.

- Removed QcNvTest.apk and ChiperTest.apk. Neither are standard Android apps and don't appear to add anything useful. (Thanks Ash_P!)

RLS3:

- Added stock Launcher (Launcher2.apk) so that you are be able to use your own wallpapers again as well with the stock ones. Make sure to use LauncherPro as default launcher.

If you accedently set the stock Launcher as default Launcher, download HomeSwitcher from the market and set LauncherPro as default launcher.

- Updated PictureFolder apk. I hope this solves the FC issues, as reported by some of you.....

RLS2:

- Replaced non-working old 2DGallery app with PictureFolder as gallery app.

INSTALLATION:

- Copy zip of the desired ROM flavour to SD-card.

- Boot into recovery (volume down + power on)

**BEFORE FLASHING, MAKE A NANDBACKUP FIRST!!**

- Wipe data/cache unless you are reinstalling

- Install zip from sdcard

Again, all credit goes to Kendon @ VillainRom !! He's the original creator of this ROM.

I just felt this update was necessary because the instant FC of the XT9IME keyboard can be confusing for Android beginners, thinking they did something wrong with flashing the ROM. Since this error comes instantly after booting the ROM after flashing (during the Google Account Wizard) you can't change the input method yet and you're basically stuck.

Hi,tried this today on a new sf from orange with a tft screen and it would not install,recovery kept stopping with a error about not supported, any help would be appreciated.

Guest veehexx
Hey, I'm liking the latest rom.

I have a problem with voicemail notification though: I got a voicemail message, listened to it and deleted it; however the notification remains in the top status bar and it lists a number which I have found to be hungarian (built in from the original rom?). I would really appreciate if I could get rid of the notification.

i've had once this on a phone from long ago; i rang my provider and they forced a reset of that voicemail flag.... ie: it might not be your phone, might be a glitch on the network...

Hey, I'm liking the latest rom.

I have a problem with voicemail notification though: I got a voicemail message, listened to it and deleted it; however the notification remains in the top status bar and it lists a number which I have found to be hungarian (built in from the original rom?). I would really appreciate if I could get rid of the notification.

I've had this also, and you're right it is a left-over from the origins of this rom. The number of viocemail is for T-mobile in Hungary. Here's what you need to do, go into settings--Call settings--Voicemail settings and highlight Voicemail settings which will bring up the Hungarian T-mobile voicemail number. Change this number to a non-existent number (it would not allow me to edit it to my real carrier's voicemail number for some reason). As an extra precuation i also disabled voicemail, since my carrier charges for their retrievals anyway. I now use an app, from the market, called AutoReply (free) which allows the phone to automatically respond to missed calls with an auto SMS whose contents you can set yourself. Since my carrier charges for voicemail retrieval but gives me some 500 free SMS this was the obvious answer for me, your circumstances may differ. What I really would like is an answering machine app (like i had on my old Symbian) that will answer (and record) calls for me if i do not answer them within a number of rings.

Guest JennyCide

Installed this ROM using Stevenharperuk's instructions in this thread and worked beautifully on Orange TFT version of San Fran/blade. I had to do the wipe cache and system/user data bit and reflash as it got stuck on the 'android' word screen first time but second time a charm.

thanks!

*Edit*

One bug - Picture Folder still Force Closes when I try to load it

Edited by JennyCide

Guest mankulito

apps2sd, picture folder: not working, automatic brightness turns off sometimes. How can i install app on sd? + how can i remove few system apps? i can't do it with Android mate anymore :)

Edited by mankulito

Guest Roger49

Grateful for your work, but please can you tell me what the MD5 CHKSUM should be for this install, so I can confirm all is well before installation? Can't find it anywhere, unless as a newb I'm looking in the wrong places......

Guest my.wave
*Edit*

One bug - Picture Folder still Force Closes when I try to load it

I got the same issue with Picture Folder (QuickPic), but as soon as I upgraded it from the market, it started working.

hi, i downloaded and installed properly custom bladevillain rom on my new zte blade. most of stuff works great but i have some problems.

first of all navigation and Maps dont work. it just doesnt find my location...

second and most annoying problem is with wifi and mobile internet. when i connected on the internet through mobile internet (3g+), the internet didnt work in default browser. i tried connecting with wifi and internet still didnt work in default browser. i tried to go to market and i managed to go through 3g+, so i downloaded dolphin browser and finnaly internet worked in dolphin, when i was connected through 3g+. but on the other hand, when i connect with wifi, internet doesnt work in dolphin. it says its connected and all of that, but there is no sign of internet. please help :(

Guest Len Ash
what is the difference between FAT and LITE version?

which one is faster, more fluid and saved in battery?

Er - tells you on the first page?

No difference in "speed" between the 2.

Most folk download the Fat versions of ROMs and hack out what they don't need....

Guest Blues003

When using Handcent SMS, and I long-press on the typing box, a menu appears (as it is supposed to). However, instead of displaying white letters on a black background, it displays black letters on a black background. Thus, the only way of me reading it, is by holding an option and reading while the background turns orange.

Any idea why this is?

Guest Eris Ed

I've been using this ROM for just over a week now, works well and liking it a lot! Got a couple of questions about minor issues that may be ROM related.

1. On my Desire, I can add folders to the SD card containing images, such as icon sets, dock backgrounds, etc. and after rebooting the Gallery app recognises the folders and makes them available to apps such as LauncherPro. The image folders are recognised by the replacement gallery app (called QuickPic on my San Fran), but trying to change the dock background by selecting the 'Custom' option in LauncherPro (Menu > Preferences > Appearance > Dock background > Custom) brings up a message saying that there are "No image files on the phone". The images are there and I can view them in QuickPic, but LauncherPro can't see them. Feels like QuickPic doesn't integrate with the system in the same way that the Gallery does. Is there anything I could try to get images recognised by LauncherPro, like putting them in an existing folder/sunfolder or renaming the folders I added to the SD card?

2. I set up the stock email client for my work Exchange ActiveSync account, and it works well. Contacts and push email have no problems, but there doesn't appear to be any option to sync calender entries. I had Contacts, Email and Calender sync on my Desire running Android 2.1 and the OTA 2.2 from Orange. Not sure why the email client in this ROM won't allow calender sync...

Any suggestions very much appreciated :(

Guest veehexx
I've been using this ROM for just over a week now, works well and liking it a lot! Got a couple of questions about minor issues that may be ROM related.

1. On my Desire, I can add folders to the SD card containing images, such as icon sets, dock backgrounds, etc. and after rebooting the Gallery app recognises the folders and makes them available to apps such as LauncherPro. The image folders are recognised by the replacement gallery app (called QuickPic on my San Fran), but trying to change the dock background by selecting the 'Custom' option in LauncherPro (Menu > Preferences > Appearance > Dock background > Custom) brings up a message saying that there are "No image files on the phone". The images are there and I can view them in QuickPic, but LauncherPro can't see them. Feels like QuickPic doesn't integrate with the system in the same way that the Gallery does. Is there anything I could try to get images recognised by LauncherPro, like putting them in an existing folder/sunfolder or renaming the folders I added to the SD card?

2. I set up the stock email client for my work Exchange ActiveSync account, and it works well. Contacts and push email have no problems, but there doesn't appear to be any option to sync calender entries. I had Contacts, Email and Calender sync on my Desire running Android 2.1 and the OTA 2.2 from Orange. Not sure why the email client in this ROM won't allow calender sync...

Any suggestions very much appreciated :(

same issue with #1. looking into an alternative now (im thinking copying gallery.apk from another rom will work!)

edit: see attached link. this is taken from the stock OrangeUK rom (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05). tested it and it works fine! - YOU WILL NEED TO EXTRACT THIS. it's not a clockwork .zip - just a regular zip ;) there should be a .apk inside.

2 - limitation of non HTC/droid2.2. there is no native calendar sync in 2.1. htc got around it with 'htc sync'.

since i use exchange for work, i have google calendar sync on my work pc, that syncs my exchange to gcalender. phone then syncs to that via the gmail sync on the phone. google calendar sync will sync to the first calendar in your gcalender, so if you want to keep it seperate, then ensure the first calendar is the one you want to use.

it appears the way i did it, was the rename the existing calendar in gcalendar, and create a second calendar called 'personal'. looks like google has some flag set that sets the default calendar to always be 1st.

Gallery3D.zip

Edited by veehexx

Guest Blues003

I found an issue with this ROM. On my ZTE Blade (Optimus San Francisco, 3,2 MP + LCD), Handcent SMS has a little bug. When I press and hold on the text box, a menu appears as expected. However, the letters on that menu are not visible, because they are the same color as the background of said letters (black). Only by pressing and holding can I make hte background orange, thus allowing me to read the options.

I found an issue with this ROM. On my ZTE Blade (Optimus San Francisco, 3,2 MP + LCD), Handcent SMS has a little bug. When I press and hold on the text box, a menu appears as expected. However, the letters on that menu are not visible, because they are the same color as the background of said letters (black). Only by pressing and holding can I make hte background orange, thus allowing me to read the options.

What's the issue with the ROM exactly? You need to change the theme to black (or vice-a-versa) in Handcent - use the search it's been discussed before.

Guest gambieter

Freek, I just installed this ROM on a new phone, and when starting Launcher Pro it warns that that copy expires in three days (i.e. 6th of January). Maybe you can update LP?

Also, I personally don't like Autokiller and Watchdog, so I prefer them as options :unsure: