ZTE Blade coming to Switzerland

Guest 90180360

Guest Sebastian404
The ROM build-number is OCH_P_P729BV1.0.0B01 - anyone interested in that?

I was kinda hoping they would change the version number a little to show the difference between screens,

Guest theInquisitor
Yeah, there's already outrage on their FB page.
Tamara is a friend of mine. She appeared in my life, when I needed a FB-account in order to test some FB-plugins for a website I made. ;-)

Guest 90180360
Tamara is a friend of mine. She appeared in my life, when I needed a FB-account in order to test some FB-plugins for a website I made. ;-)

;)

So according to SWIY, it's not just TFTs, but CRAPPY TFTs FULLY OF DEAD PIXELS?!?!

Guest theInquisitor
;)

So according to SWIY, it's not just TFTs, but CRAPPY TFTs FULLY OF DEAD PIXELS?!?!

Tamara told me, that she's totally mad about the display. She just made a video of the display and uploaded it to youtube, so you can get an idea of how mad she is:

Edited by theInquisitor

Guest 90180360
Tamara told me, that she's totally mad about the display. She just made a video of the display and uploaded it to youtube, so you can get an idea of how mad she is:

Poor girl :P

Is this how SF TFTs look everywhere or do the Swiss get special treatment? ;)

Can you please ask Tamara if her phone is Orange branded?

Guest oh!dougal
I was kinda hoping they would change the version number a little to show the difference between screens,

I think ZTE are just a little bit proud about getting the first submission accepted ... look how many it took to to get Orange UK's approval as opposed to Orange CH ;)

Guest theInquisitor
Poor girl :P

Is this how SF TFTs look everywhere or do the Swiss get special treatment? ;)

I guess yes. Actually I examined the display with the magnifying glass because I had read about the faultiness of TFT display on Blades somewhere here on the forum.

Can you please ask Tamara if her phone is Orange branded?
Yes, it's Orange-branded like the UK version (Orange firmware and a small 1cm*1cm logo on the battery lid). Btw the phone has the same rubberish coating as the British version, allthough the dummies displayed in the kiosks had a glossy housing. Edited by theInquisitor

Guest Sebastian404
I think ZTE are just a little bit proud about getting the first submission accepted ... look how many it took to to get Orange UK's approval as opposed to Orange CH ;)

True, but I was looking at this...

P729B - Orange (UK) & Saunalahti (Finland) & Optimus (Portugal) & Wind (Greece)

P729C - Bouygues Telecom (France)

P729T - T-Mobile (Hungry)

P729CU - Unicom (China)

Im not sure what the logic there is

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest oh!dougal
True, but I was looking at this...

P729B - Orange (UK) {& CH} & Saunalahti (Finland) & Optimus (Portugal) & Wind (Greece)

P729C - Bouygues Telecom (France)

P729T - T-Mobile (Hungry)

P729CU - Unicom (China)

Im not sure what the logic there is

Agreed, there is no obvious hardware-related logical scheme there.

Perhaps it relates to the development tree having at least four quasi-independent branches. Customer-related teams?

Like you said, version control is a concept alien to ZTE. ;)

Guest 90180360
With that amount of free memory, I think it is the 256MB RAM version.

You might be confusing free internal memory (which can be extended by microSD) with the RAM.

You might be confusing free internal memory (which can be extended by microSD) with the RAM.

Yeah, I thought he was referring to the amount of free ram on startup ;).

Does it have 3Mpx like the UK version or 5Mpx like the Orange CH ?

Guest theInquisitor
Afaik there will be a second batch that will be ok.- branded. Maybe that's how they will look.
Perhaps will that second "ok"-branded batch actually come with an OLED-display.

Isn't the German "Base Lutea" glossy?
Yes it is. It looks awfully cheap! I hate glossy stuff.

Guest 90180360

ok.- now has an update on their FB page. Looks like they expected OLED themselves, but "due to a supply bottleneck" they just received TFT...

I wonder if that leaves the possibility open that the actual ok.- phones will have OLED (what they're selling right now are Orange phones).

Guest The-One

I dont think so, as some of us were saying the OLED displays are in great shortage and probably the first batch dispatched to the UK got those pretty OLED screens.. but now they will end up switching to TFT's like everyone else in the world. If there were countries to recieve these screens Switzerland would not be on top. On Portugal it was announced OLED too and it was released first.. so before Switzerland Portugal had to recieve them first witch i think will surely not happen in a near future.

Other major companies switched from OLED to SLCD like HTC (Desire, N1, ..) and so.

Guest oh!dougal

Its slightly off-topic, but super-relevant to an Android phone ...

... what are the best (data value) airtime deals in Switzerland? (I have a swiss-resident niece.)

Anything like GiffGaff or T-mobile's previously matching Tesco's £10/month but providing 3gb/month (and excessive minutes and texts)?

A friend of mine picked up some SF in switzerland. its a orange B01

he open one package and test the SF. he is pretty sure its OLED no TFT.

did not see it myself but he said its dark and is compareable to his iphone 4display.

also a stylus did not work on it.

so are you sure the swiss blades are all TFT ?

and even it is , seems that the TFT then is really good quality

bytheway, he said he was the first customer at all buying some at this location.

do some testing when he is back ;)

Guest theInquisitor
A friend of mine picked up some SF in switzerland. its a orange B01
The Swiss ROM version numbering is different from the UK and all Swiss devices end with B01.

he is pretty sure its OLED no TFT.

did not see it myself but he said its dark and is compareable to his iphone 4display.

It's just the screen brightness, that is preset low.

also a stylus did not work on it.
Styluses work only on resistive touchscreens. The OSF has a capacitive one on the TFT version as well as on the OLED version.

so are you sure the swiss blades are all TFT ?

and even it is , seems that the TFT then is really good quality

Yes, they are all TFT as "ok,-" have officially confirmed on their Facebook page and the quality is definitely not good. These displays are substandard junk full of faulty pixels, as you can see on

The Swiss ROM version numbering is different from the UK and all Swiss devices end with B01.

It's just the screen brightness, that is preset low.

Styluses work only on resistive touchscreens. The OSF has a capacitive one on the TFT version as well as on the OLED version.

Yes, they are all TFT as "ok,-" have officially confirmed on their Facebook page and the quality is definitely not good. These displays are substandard junk full of faulty pixels, as you can see on

the stylus thing i read in another thread here that TFT versions of SF reacts not only to fingers.

but anyway. he picked one other up today and still he is sure its OLED,too. he told me that some of them seems first generation oranges phones.

also he checked for faulty pixels and he cant find any.

what ever. i will have mine tomorrow evening. then i will check. i dont trust the chinese anyway, think they built any screen in they can find.

is ther e a bullet proof test to see if its OLED or TFT ? something to read out in android ?

Edited by curl66