ZTE Blade coming to Switzerland

Guest 90180360

Guest aleckxander

hi :)

yes i'm a bit concerned about the warranty, that's why i'm going to test as much as possible the device before i come home. If i get some trouble i should be able do change the device.. for later on problems, well, i try to think positive ;) and, after all, we are talking about 85 € that are worth the risk, i think. In my experience i sent back some phones into the warranty period, and somehow i had always to pay something extra anyway (not considering the cost sending a package) AND i can buy 2.5 blade at this price before i cover the price of another similar product.

Actually yes it is TFT, and yes the only other eligible option is the UK version (still tft but sold at higher price) so i see no other choice, may the force be with me :D

i asked a colleague that was in uk to buy one for me at launch day.

no problems so far, i think they're quite reliable phones and i don'tsee too much troubles buying it online or in swiss as our friend aleckxander is doing.

I've the first version, OLED and 512Mb memory, is the swiss one with only 256Mb?

Guest aleckxander

no the swiss is 512 too, but it has a TFT screen instead a OLED one.

Seems to be a quite crappy one, but, as far as i have read it's the same TFT that ALL the OSF are equipped with since OLED was lined out from the blade. So if i'm not wrong this means that it is not so crappy, or it's crappy like all the other decices sold around the world :)

Guest PeterDreher

In short: it's NOT crappy. It's fine.

I actually really like the TFT-Display. Had the OLED before from UK. Sold it because 85€ vs. 145€ is not worth the OLED.

Most oft the time the backgroundlight will be pretty low and that's where the OLED gets pretty pinkish/red in color, hate that.

TFT does not do this but is a little blueish, that's all.

In short: it's NOT crappy. It's fine.

I actually really like the TFT-Display. Had the OLED before from UK. Sold it because 85€ vs. 145€ is not worth the OLED.

Most oft the time the backgroundlight will be pretty low and that's where the OLED gets pretty pinkish/red in color, hate that.

TFT does not do this but is a little blueish, that's all.

Sold for how much? you're right if i have the possibility now to choose between 85€ or 126€ (that's how much i paid it at that time) i would have bought the swiss one.

But at that time even at 99£ it was an amazing deal phone!

keep us updated about your search for the blade :)

hi :)

yes i'm a bit concerned about the warranty, that's why i'm going to test as much as possible the device before i come home.

i was worried about warranty because i've read in a german forum that many swiss blade are defected. but you are right, the ammount of € saving is consistent

[italian MODE ON] Ma non è che ti avanza spazio per prenderne un altro? ;) (ci dovevo provà) [/italian MODE OFF]

I've also read that there are few in the shop "Press & Books" at Schönbühl, halfway to Bern

Guest aleckxander

[iTA] Figurati se riesco lo prendo volentieri, mi fa sempre piacere rendermi utile.. il problema e' che in realta' devo prenderne gia' fino a 5 pezzi infatti mi porto appresso una persona (ho sentito che il limite di acquisto per persona e' 3 quindi.. se ne trovo un sesto, oltre che testartelo, te lo porto in italia poi al limite ci si accorda per il pacco.[/iTA]

TBH Schönbühl is a bit out of route:| hope to find what i'm looking for in the other places :|

I've the first version, OLED and 512Mb memory, is the swiss one with only 256Mb?

apparently neither, this is a screenshot of a swiss blade, it shows 415mb ram

p1000443tmn5.th.jpg

alex you are very kind, of course if you have room for another one i sent you the money before you buy it, i wil sent you a pm if i may

Guest shadowninty
apparently neither, this is a screenshot of a swiss blade, it shows 415mb ram

p1000443tmn5.th.jpg

alex you are very kind, of course if you have room for another one i sent you the money before you buy it, i wil sent you a pm if i may

That means 512mb RAm ;) :) :D

Guest isambard

just wanted to say: i'm a brit living in switzerland and i just bought 2 of these devices. my first android phones.

supply seems to be quite short at the moment with many kiosks selling out and the staff unfriendly and not really wanting to sell more. i was lucky to be able to get 2 by visiting an out of town kiosk.

i can confirm the screen is TFT and the device has 512mb. the screen is actually very good and i examined it under a magnifying glass and saw no stuck/dead pixels.

i will pick up one more device (limited to 3 per customer) and then will try to get friends to buy some for me.

i'm planning to get a couple for xmas presents and a few for myself to experiment/play with. 100CHF for a fully working unlocked android device means plenty of potential uses!

Guest PeterDreher
TFT is good on mine. no dead pixels or anything.

(on the NON matt version). and 85 € is great!

What is the NON Matt Version?

Please explain + Pictures.

Thanks!

Guest theInquisitor
What is the NON Matt Version?

According to this posting at android-hilfe.de ok mobile currently sells devices with a glossy battery lid after the first Orange-branded batch with rubberized battery lid has been sold out. The device itself remains unchanged as it's still rubberized - only the battery lid has changed so far. However the exhibition dummies at the shops have been totally glossy (including device itself) from the beginning - so perhaps the next batch could become glossy all over like the "BASE Lutea" sold in Germany.

Edited by theInquisitor

Guest aleckxander

to let you know that the plan worked fine.. i understimated the time travel.. milan lucern due to the traffic and strange climatic condition was near 4 hours long, coming back needed the same time due to bad traffic condition near como.

Said that i was looking for 6 devices, we found 4, i'm sorry for a friend of mine and for the user here who asked me one, but we where short of time, so no chance to go somewhere else besides the lucern railstation ;)

I have to say we had luck with the guys at the shop, they where (a boy and a girl :) ) really really nice, and hepled us a lot!! For your information they work in a K Kiost at the -1 etage of the station, near the coop.

now i'm really happy with my new device and so my friends ;)

closing note: lucern girls are HOT!!!! :D

Edited by aleckxander

i got my hands on 4 SF from CH. all worked fine. Displays are fine,too. no dead pixels. 2 of them seem to be oled also packaging differs slightly. was one of the first sold in CH. hard to say with this oled stuff, my SGS has oled but looks different from the colors.

display of 2 look different than the other 2. but anyway overall quality is ok. no dead pixels. the 2 other are definitly tft. but quality is fine.

so my advise, buy it and test it in the shop. battery seems to be charged.

warranty is a pain in CH because you need swiss adress.

but its a perfekt gift.

the kiosk seems to got some supply last friday so hopefully tomorrow some are available :)

need 3 more. xmas gifts for my girlies ;) last one is for me for playing around.

Guest theInquisitor

@curl66

Could you post photos of the different boxes? Are you sure that two of your devices have OLED-displays? You would be the first person to have gotten an OLED-display in Switzerland. Different colors could also come from different TFT-displays or different settings. You will find several characteristics that may help you identify your display type at http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...son-and-review/

Btw I made the close-up photos through the magnifying lens of a Victorinox pocket knife - I assume you, as a Swiss, have one of these, too. :)

@curl66

Could you post photos of the different boxes? Are you sure that two of your devices have OLED-displays? You would be the first person to have gotten an OLED-display in Switzerland. Different colors could also come from different TFT-displays or different settings. You will find several characteristics that may help you identify your display type at http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...son-and-review/

Btw I made the close-up photos through the magnifying lens of a Victorinox pocket knife - I assume you, as a Swiss, have one of these, too. :)

I tried the secret dialercodes from a post here and two of them work only with the oled not the tft code.also the colors of the display were little different. the tft ´s were more bright. i didnt check the other with the codes since i was in a hurry to flash froyo on all of them i gave today 3 phones away to my friends in stuttgart and karlsruhe. have only one of the sure TFTs here. i see them after xmas then i take a pic of the boxes and the phone`s display. the seals of 2 of the boxes were different and the ok cover was missing. when i remeber right there were on 2 boxes a small white label with some german glibberish on 2 not. my collegue picked them up as a "first " custumer in a kiosk in zuerich hbf.he told me that they have ok and only a few "organge only" boxes at the kiosk. he asked for the orange ones and so he get 2 of them.

my collegue tested the first 2 phones in zurich, i send him the link of your post how to see difference between oled and tft and he was sure its oled.

but anyway, i compared the displays with my galaxy 9000 oled display, and both types SF display does not look same like the galaxy one.

and i really dont care about, because displays are really good for a 85 euro phone.

to let you know that the plan worked fine.. i understimated the time travel.. milan lucern due to the traffic and strange climatic condition was near 4 hours long, coming back needed the same time due to bad traffic condition near como.

Said that i was looking for 6 devices, we found 4, i'm sorry for a friend of mine and for the user here who asked me one, but we where short of time, so no chance to go somewhere else besides the lucern railstation :)

Nevermind, i will find another way. Enjoy your new phone!

Guest Stryke69
According to this posting at android-hilfe.de ok mobile currently sells devices with a glossy battery lid after the first Orange-branded batch with rubberized battery lid has been sold out. The device itself remains unchanged as it's still rubberized - only the battery lid has changed so far. However the exhibition dummies at the shops have been totally glossy (including device itself) from the beginning - so perhaps the next batch could become glossy all over like the "BASE Lutea" sold in Germany.

Hmm, that seems nice news to me, as this rubbered coat is the only thing I don't like that much about the Blade, because it is peeling a tiny little bit off. Not that much that you see the bare cover, but it gets a little "pinkish" (and I'm using a case since day 1)

• 1 month later...

Hi. I noticed that Ok.- mobile sold out ZTE devices. Hoewer I travell to Zürych in wednesday. Are they sold out in all Zürych's kiosks? Is there any chance to buy at least one? Thank's for the reply.

Guest isambard
Hi. I noticed that Ok.- mobile sold out ZTE devices. Hoewer I travell to Zürych in wednesday. Are they sold out in all Zürych's kiosks? Is there any chance to buy at least one? Thank's for the reply.

they are apparently sold out all through switzerland, but you might be lucky and find a store which still has some stock. but you will need to check.

• 3 months later...
Guest swisstourist
they are apparently sold out all through switzerland, but you might be lucky and find a store which still has some stock. but you will need to check.

hello,

I am new here.

I live in south part of Switzerland, and I am looking for an orange SF (ZTE Blade) to replace my nokia.I will root it for sure:)

I have seen some at orange for 124 francs + 5 francs for the card (PAYG?). I can go to zurich too.

are there 2 models? 3 and 5 megapixels camera? what about them? are they all TFT or Oled ?I will use it principally for surfing the net, and calls.

I will buy one beginning of June as I am in Asia now.

any advices?

Guest isambard

The Swiss models are 3.2mpix. They are now in stock everywhere because they increased the compulsory top-up purchase from 10chf to 65chfs.