ZTE Blade coming to Switzerland

Guest 90180360

Guest swisstourist
The Swiss models are 3.2mpix. They are now in stock everywhere because they increased the compulsory top-up purchase from 10chf to 65chfs.

what are you talking about, at orange I found this, total will be 124 swiss francs.

My PrePay CHF 5.- CHF 119.-

* included: 10.- CHF free inclusive talk time

* no commitment, no monthly fee

* calls to Europe and the USA at the Swiss local rate

X-treme PrePay CHF 5.- CHF 119.-

* included: free SMS from the 11th text each day

* no commitment, no monthly fee

* exclusive games and contests + free music stations

* free downloads

Guest Symenb

I bought one in an orange shop in Fribourg 1-2 months ago. In my case, it cost 129 CHF with a prepay card and 10 CHF of credit.

It is a Gen1, with a TFT screen and 3.1 MP (btw it seemed to be the same everywhere in switzerland, and it could have changed).

There was no problem with rooting, unsimlock, ROM replacement :o (Only drivers' problems on Windows :mellow: )

My 2 cents, don't know it will help.

Guest swisstourist
I bought one in an orange shop in Fribourg 1-2 months ago. In my case, it cost 129 CHF with a prepay card and 10 CHF of credit.

It is a Gen1, with a TFT screen and 3.1 MP (btw it seemed to be the same everywhere in switzerland, and it could have changed).

There was no problem with rooting, unsimlock, ROM replacement :o (Only drivers' problems on Windows :mellow: )

My 2 cents, don't know it will help.

Symenb,

how is the TFT screen?

how is the camera? can you take pictures of documents?, I would like to use the camera as a scanner.

did they have it in stock, or did you have to order it?

how is the internet with WIFI on open connections?

Guest yogayogi

Apparently there are two sources in Switzerland:

ORANGE shops & website, which sell the San Francisco PAYG for typically CHF 119 + CHF 10 (for the SIM, including CHF10 calling credit) . . . and if you transfer your existing number & hand in your existing (non-Orange) Swiss SIM within the next few days you will also get additional CHF30 calling credit - see website.

K-Kiosk selling for OK mobile, where the price is CHF 99 PLUS obligatory CHF 65 top-up.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

YY