ZTE Blade coming to Switzerland

Guest 90180360

Guest The Mot

Is anyone in Switzerland going to start selling the ok.- San Francisco on ebay.ch or similar? It still looks like there's only really UK sellers and a lot of them are price gouging. I'm trying to get two phones to Australia and would happily pay 150CHF each for them plus shipping. Orange UK are refusing to sell to me even with Borderlinx because of my Australian credit card.

Looks like there's some easy money to be made in Switzerland where the San Francisco is cheaper than the UK.

Guest 90180360
Looks like there's some easy money to be made in Switzerland where the San Francisco is cheaper than the UK.

Wouldn't there be problems with customs, VAT, ... ?

Guest theInquisitor
Wouldn't there be problems with customs, VAT, ... ?

According to the Australian customs' website (see paragraph Imported goods valued at or below A$1000) neither duties nor GST (that's the Australian VAT) apply when importing goods valued less than A$ 1000. I like Australia.

Guest The Mot
According to the Australian customs' website (see paragraph Imported goods valued at or below A$1000) neither duties nor GST (that's the Australian VAT) apply when importing goods valued less than A$ 1000. I like Australia.

Which is why so many Aussies are looking overseas to buy things currently. The AUD has got a lot stronger but local retailers haven't dropped prices accordingly. Given the number of people buying the Huawei IDEOS U8150 locally for $160 - $200, there would be no shortage of buyers willing to pay the same amount for a Blade from Switzerland.

Even if customs do decide they want GST(VAT) they'll just contact the addressee receiving the goods and get it from them - no obligations on the seller.

Hello, i`m wondering if a Swiss could help me.

So i`ll be ordering 2 phones from Switzerland, and I have someone in Zurich who is willing to buy it for me. I have few questions i`d like to know, preferably from a swiss person.

Ehm, are all the Swiss versions more likely to have dead pixels, since I saw that rage video from a Swiss customer, which does not satisfies me at all. ;)

Are there problems getting the phone, out of stock already, or do ok.- mobile shops still have the phones?

How many phones can a person buy, is there any limitation, like one phone per person?

I`m going to get as many phones as I can get, so if anyone is interested i`m going to post here and I can send em from Slovenia to your country for a reasonable price :P . Dont spam me yet, first want to get some Swiss person to reply on this so we see how it goes.

I kinda got over the fact that i`m not going to get an OLED, unfortunately, i`m not willing to pay 100€+ on ebay for an oled screen. I just hope that "dead pixels trend" is not like on every device :'(

Thanks in advance!

Edited by bLeeeh

Guest MoxFulder
Hello, i`m wondering if a Swiss could help me.

So i`ll be ordering 2 phones from Switzerland, and I have someone in Zurich who is willing to buy it for me. I have few questions i`d like to know, preferably from a swiss person.

Ehm, are all the Swiss versions more likely to have dead pixels, since I saw that rage video from a Swiss customer, which does not satisfies me at all. ;)

Are there problems getting the phone, out of stock already, or do ok.- mobile shops still have the phones?

How many phones can a person buy, is there any limitation, like one phone per person?

I`m going to get as many phones as I can get, so if anyone is interested i`m going to post here and I can send em from Slovenia to your country for a reasonable price :P . Dont spam me yet, first want to get some Swiss person to reply on this so we see how it goes.

I kinda got over the fact that i`m not going to get an OLED, unfortunately, i`m not willing to pay 100€+ on ebay for an oled screen. I just hope that "dead pixels trend" is not like on every device :'(

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm a swiss guy from the french part of the country.

The "ok, mobile" company operates only in the german part. They have, afaik, no shop. They sell their devices through "kiosk" aka newspaper shops (it is a virtual gsm provider, with only prepay). (Location finder with zip code :http://www.okmobile.ch/de/mobile/index.php?id=pos)

A friend bought me one phone yesterday in Zurich but he had to try 3 differents kiosks location to find one which was not "out of stock". I can't tell you about the dead pixels neither if there is still some devices in the shops now.

There is no limitation but you have to buy the sim card with the phone (10frs).

My friend will give me the phone on Sunday evening, so I'll give a small review about the screen here.

Guest 90180360
There is no limitation

They said that the limitation is three phones.

Maybe you could get two times three phones from different locations.

Also, you can buy max 7 SIMs on the Orange network per person within 24 months.

Guest MoxFulder
They said that the limitation is three phones.

Maybe you could get two times three phones from different locations.

Also, you can buy max 7 SIMs on the Orange network per person within 24 months.

ok, thanks.

My friend bought 3 phones with no problem.

Guest sonicblue83

I just about an ok Orange San Francisco in Zurich today and I'm pretty sure it's an OLED. There are absolutely no dead pixel and the screen looks really nice. I put it on maximum brightness and the black is still very very black. i was really surprised by the quality of the screen. Even compared to my iPhone 4 the screen looks still very nice. Compared to the screen of my iPhone 3GS, the one of the SF looks much nicer! the contrast of the SF is so much better than the 3GS and the colours and brightness don't change if u look at it from the side (the 3GS does change colours and brightness if u look at it from the side). When I start Advanced Task Killer it says available memory 287M, so I guess it has to be a 512m version, since 256M is not possible when there are still 287M free. :-)

But I would like to debrand the San Francisco. I also found a nice tutorial at http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/how-to-unlo...francisco/1824/ but in the comments it says that there are problems with debranding the TFT version. Does anybody know which debranded ROM I should use (I'd prefer an original and not an modified) since I guess I got an OLED but I'm not 100% sure since I never had an OLED phone before. Also is there a way to install the original Orange ROM again?

Thanks a lot!

Guest PeterDreher

@sonicblue

It would be nice if you have a TFT because you really seem to like it. Would be nice to know that the TFT looks fine.

I thought in swiss are only TFTs available. Would be interessting if there are still some OLEDs.

flibblesan says:

Sit in a dark room and turn the phone on. If you can see a backlight then it's TFT. On OLED when the screen is black you won't see anything at all. Black background will light up with a TFT screen.
Edited by PeterDreher

Guest sonicblue83
@sonicblue

It would be nice if you have a TFT because you really seem to like it. Would be nice to know that the TFT looks fine.

I thought in swiss are only TFTs available. Would be interessting if there are still some OLEDs.

flibblesan says:

I tried that. And for my big surprise, it's a TFT! I don't know if I'm just lucky that I don't have dead pixels (so far), but like that the screen is gorgeous and I still stay with my comment, it looks much nicer than the screen of my 3GS.

Guest theInquisitor
I just about an ok Orange San Francisco in Zurich today and I'm pretty sure it's an OLED.
As ok,- mobile have officially confirmed there are no OLED-powered devices in Switzerland.

There are absolutely no dead pixel and the screen looks really nice.
You can't see the faulty pixels without a magnifying glass.

I put it on maximum brightness and the black is still very very black.
You have to be in absolute darkness in order to see the backlight of the TFT-display.

Check my comparison photos to get an idea of what the difference between TFT and OLED is: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1508974

But I would like to debrand the San Francisco. I also found a nice tutorial at http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/how-to-unlo...francisco/1824/ but in the comments it says that there are problems with debranding the TFT version.
You just have to use a ROM, that is TFT-compatible. Most threads on this forum about custom ROMs are labeled "OLED" or "OLED/TFT" so you can see if it's TFT-compatible or not

Does anybody know which debranded ROM I should use (I'd prefer an original and not an modified) since I guess I got an OLED but I'm not 100% sure since I never had an OLED phone before.
All debranded ROMs are modified ones. There's no original branding-free ROM.

Also is there a way to install the original Orange ROM again?
Yes, all the original ROMs are available for download at http://android.podtwo.com/roms/stock/ and can be reflashed flawlessly

For a Swiss OSF you need to use http://android.podtwo.com/roms/stock/OCH_P...date-signed.zip

Guest Dima_2005

I'm really intressted if someone would start selling it from Switzerland, couldn't find any eBay objects yet... But sounds really cool and cheap.

I know who's going in march, but that'll take a while. But if I'd have to wait, then I hope that the OLED versions would be available.

Guest akh1989
What makes you think that they will sell them cheap on ebay. They will probably sell them around the same price as the others to get more profit.

not cheap but still these are going for ~140-150 on ebay ... its 95 on orange so max should be going for ~110 on ebay but 140 :)

Guest shadowninty
Well there is a possibility to get it cheaper but it depends on the bidders.

Sold for €100 Buy It Now that's €24 profit

Sell 20 = Desire HD! :)

I'd pay up to €110 + shipping if the thing is rooted and debranded (and obviously unlocked)

No more though, My parents got more tax hikes :)

Guest The Mot
Sold for €100 Buy It Now that's €24 profit

Sell 20 = Desire HD! :)

I'd pay up to €110 + shipping if the thing is rooted and debranded (and obviously unlocked)

No more though, My parents got more tax hikes :)

The problem I'm finding is that very few of the sellers on ebay are willing to ship internationally - particularly from the UK. I'm not even concerned about the phone being unlocked/rooted/debranded - it seems like it's fairly straightforward to do it yourself.

I'd quite happily pay €125 each + shipping for 2 phones even if all someone did was walk into a shop, purchase them, and then walk straight to a post office. It's an easy ~100€ for someone but it doesn't seem like there are that many phones on the market at the moment. It's probably a bit different in Switzerland where anyone looking to sell actually has to go into a shop to buy the phone and can't just order them online - it's more work.

Guest shadowninty
The problem I'm finding is that very few of the sellers on ebay are willing to ship internationally - particularly from the UK. I'm not even concerned about the phone being unlocked/rooted/debranded - it seems like it's fairly straightforward to do it yourself.

Oh of course, I am just saying if people wish to charge that much :)

Guest akh1989

i dont even need sum1 to post overseas .. All i need is to put it on ebay for a decent price and drop it to Aramex @London ..

bloody orange don't accept my non-UK credit card :)

Guest hansdampf88

I'm in UK right now and well, situation has changed.

Online they are sold out. And in orange stores they are hard to get aswell. Haven't found a grey one yet, only white ones.

And you need to pa 99 for the phone AND top up 20 pounds... just for information. and that comes to 140€

How is the situation by the way in Switzerland? Easy to pick one up in Zurich?

Guest 90180360
How is the situation by the way in Switzerland? Easy to pick one up in Zurich?

From what I've heard they're mostly sold out, but they should get new supplies next week.

Guest hansdampf88

Ok cool. Will only go end of next week. If they have some I will pick up and offer them here.

Maybe I can still find some in the UK but I highly doubt it. And if it is same TFT screen here I get the cheaper on in CH anyway ...

Guest aleckxander

hi, it seems I need some swiss help here :(

I'm from milan, italy, so not so far from german switzerland.

I need some info.

- Is Zurich the place where most probably i can find te Kiosk you are referring to, or can i head to a nearer city with the same probability to find the device?

- where can i find a list of avaliable kiosk? i have a navi so i can browse all the needed streets :)

- How much is the cost of the vignette? (i'm coming by car)

- Can someone please tell me the exact amount of the phone? (if you are so kind to tell it in € :))

- Can i pay with bancomat/maestro?

- Have I to bring with me some documentation (i mean ID or something else?) / can i buy it even if i'm not swiss?

- Any thing you think i may be aware of?

Thank you, you are saving my Christmas :lol: