Anybody miss the old status bar?

Guest furryfrog

Guest spences10
Maybe I'm an odd one out, but the status bar from 1.6 & 2.1 was pretty useful. I liked being able to get the app drawer and settings from anywhere and have notifications occupy all 5 diagonal inches (the drag down feature is just not suited for landscape mode, especially on the streak). Oh, there's also the issue that now a home screen is only 4 slots wide (1.6 = 8, 2.1 = 6, 2.2 = 4). If the streak ever gets 2.3+ it will probably only fit one icon per page. Someone will tell me this is kind of fixable by changing the lcd density - and yes, please do explain that in greater detail. Thank you ahead of time.

Hyde, would there be a way to get this back in a froyo build? I guess this would also involve nixing the stock android dock launcher possibly.

It seems like a pretty major overhaul, kinda funny that Dell really ended up with less customization on the release that still isn't technically available to me (locked AT&T). The stage launcher is really just a way to waste all the pretty space and integrate worthless widgets.

No ;)

Guest furryfrog
;) :P :P Completely agreed...

Y'all just need to realize this is opinion, connotation, and culture. We're on the internet, you cannot make assumptions. dj_steve is probably an 80 yr old woman ;)

Guest Stephen Hyde

LMAO, i personalyl have been called far worse than most people on here have called me so dont really care(ive heard the dr jekell joke far too much) ;)

and secondly as i said before addingtthe dellui would be near impossible without the source for it (which dell aint gonna be giving out)

Guest mzsigler

Nearly everyone has addressed me by my last name for as long as I can remember, so I certainly don't see it as derogatory.

I also miss the segmented notification bar, but in screwing around with it a little, I came to the same conclusion as The Honorable Stephen "DJ Steve" Hyde, Esq; not gonna work without the source code.

It relies on frameworks that differ greatly between 2.1 and 2.2.

I did like Dell's UI - however as people have pointed out it was a bit dodgy and didn't work very well AT ALL in portrait mode. If Dell's UI worked better in landscape then I'd be sadder it's not in 2.2.

That said, the stock Android UI works fine on the Streak. I don't like swiping down to get notifications but I can live with it!

Guest Matthias_WL
Maybe I'm an odd one out, but the status bar from 1.6 & 2.1 was pretty useful. I liked being able to get the app drawer and settings from anywhere and have notifications occupy all 5 diagonal inches (the drag down feature is just not suited for landscape mode, especially on the streak). Oh, there's also the issue that now a home screen is only 4 slots wide (1.6 = 8, 2.1 = 6, 2.2 = 4). If the streak ever gets 2.3+ it will probably only fit one icon per page. Someone will tell me this is kind of fixable by changing the lcd density - and yes, please do explain that in greater detail. Thank you ahead of time.

Hyde, would there be a way to get this back in a froyo build? I guess this would also involve nixing the stock android dock launcher possibly.

It seems like a pretty major overhaul, kinda funny that Dell really ended up with less customization on the release that still isn't technically available to me (locked AT&T). The stage launcher is really just a way to waste all the pretty space and integrate worthless widgets.

I don't miss the old status bar and the old keyboard because I am still on 1.6 and I simply refuse to update to a software version that seems to be less practical than the one the device was delivered with.

Guest adzman808
I don't miss the old status bar and the old keyboard because I am still on 1.6 and I simply refuse to update to a software version that seems to be less practical than the one the device was delivered with.

totally fair enough, but w/out froyo to host flash whats the usp of droid for you?

or was it the usp of the streak screen?