[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Just flash the original RLS2 file without wipe:ing and you're good to go again.

That would work if the lite zip would download from mediafire lol, I have someone who might be able to bundle the build.prop up for me. If not I'll have to flash the full fat rom.

That would work if the lite zip would download from mediafire lol, I have someone who might be able to bundle the build.prop up for me. If not I'll have to flash the full fat rom.

Ok, got it downloading ok now.

Thanks for the help Kallt.

Guest steve1221

Just found something a bit odd.

I've assigned pictures to family contacts. Now when I was on Paul's R3 they carried over to Handcent, under FF only one does ??

I've uninstalled Handcent and reinstalled, just the same... Not a major problem in itself but just odd ?

Guest ReflexReaction
Furthermore, and i'm starting to think this is a bug - when placing a call, as soon as the call connects, the screen goes black. However, I cannot wake it up from the black screen - and it just stays black. Pressing any of the buttons, including the power button, does nothing to wake it... :/

PS. Using the lite version, with the HW accelleration addon.

Ok thanks for the reply, I can live with that. However, the above i cannot live with... :)

Guest MopedDriver

i cam from the original branded orange version

Lol, thanks for your help. Now i took 3 minutes to flash and install.

Edited by MopedDriver

Did you find reason/fix for this. I'm having now same problem occasionally. Sometimes screen works but usually it goes blank and I cannot end call. Screen wakes up after the other part finishes the call.

Same here. Made a couple of calls today, for the first time since installing- screen went blank when connected, I ended up pulling the battery out. And I did the cache & data wipes beforehand.

Edited by StuAff

Guest ReflexReaction

Yep, this rom is no good. I've binned it. Put simply, lite + hw accl results in black non responcive screen when calling. Now running alpha 3 2.2 rom fine.

Thanks for all the guys here to report all the defects, they'll contribute to the kallt_kaffe's next version (RLS3) and I'm just waiting for that moment. lol

Edited by dsmall

At minimum, where it was sourced from. (So kk has some idea of who/what is seeing the problem, or not.)

You can do a nandroid backup of your existing setup (from Clockwork), then you could restore it completely and easily.

Then clear and reflash to test the problem.

If its no different, restore your nandroid backup and you are back exactly where you were before.

Finnish phone from saunalahti. Made cache&data wipes before flashing.

First call and screen went black after pressing call. Screen woke up after called person closed line. Sometimes screen won't go off, but I haven't found any rationale behind that. Any information needed for correcting this?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Furthermore, and i'm starting to think this is a bug - when placing a call, as soon as the call connects, the screen goes black. However, I cannot wake it up from the black screen - and it just stays black. Pressing any of the buttons, including the power button, does nothing to wake it... :/

PS. Using the lite version, with the HW accelleration addon.

Are you using the original San Francisco with OLED screen or the the later version with LCD/TFT screen? Also have you tried the original_kernel addon? In case this is a problem with a new display type the original kernel addon should help. ZTE has not released all the source files for the new display support so I had to invent some workarounds myself to make it work on the non-OLED models, but from the looks of the source they've added support for two display types other than the original OLED one and asfaik I've made the custom kernel run OK on one of them but it's possible that there is another one that still has issues.

Are you using the original San Francisco with OLED screen or the the later version with LCD/TFT screen? Also have you tried the original_kernel addon?
I'm using LCD/TFT, when flashing the original_kernel should I wipe data/cache? or just flash the original_kernel? I didn't make any data/cache wipe and flashed that original_kernel, still screen goes off when calling and it won't wake before called party disconnects

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm using LCD/TFT, when flashing the original_kernel should I wipe data/cache? or just flash the original_kernel? I didn't make any data/cache wipe and flashed that original_kernel, still screen goes off when calling and it won't wake before called party disconnects

This should be controlled my the proximity (light) sensor so it should only turn off the screen when you have it close to the head and light up again when you remove it. The finnish ROM has sensor lib that isn't binary identical to the previous ROMs so that may be the cause. I'm currently using the Hungarian Hedgehog version of that sensor file since that fixes a compass problem and FFJ RLS3 will have the Hungarian version of the lib.

You could try Hungarian Hedgehog RLS2 and if it works OK on that ROM then there is a good chance that the problem will go away in FFJ RLS3.

I just got a thought in my linguistic-twisted mind, how proper it is that Finnish and Hungarian ROMs will be 'blended' in a way in FFJ RLS3. Pity I cannot think of a good name with 'Finno-Ugric' in it ;/

Guest perljun

Hi, installed the fat version with HW acc and 710 oc kernel addons on a new white SF TFT and am also getting the black screen prob when making/receiving a call HOWEVER prob only happens when using Launcher Pro. Stock launcher and adw (installed for testing) do not have this prob so far.

Guest oh!dougal

One minor oddity I've noted with FF is that quite often the Notification Bar shows symbols for both wifi and mobile data -- and not merely for a few seconds while changing over. Both symbols are 'live', changing G/3G+ and wifi strength in the top bar at the same time. Not had that before with other roms ...

Two tiny 'housekeeping' matters. In Wireless and Networks Settings, the Mobile Data checkbox item has the text "Mobile Network" -- which some have found confusing. ("Mobile networks" is a perfectly appropriate label for the item leading to network selection, APNs, roaming, etc)

And the date format setting oddly defaults to something other than the standard for the country setting. It goes to the programmer-logical y-m-d format.

Setting the defaults for Spare Parts to Fast Animations would really show off how smoothly the thing can run.

As standard items for all users to have available (rom package), I'd suggest FlashNotify and Bluetooth File Transfer to make good deficiencies in the standard phone.

As improvements on standard items, I'd propose Color Note instead of Note pad (not least for allowing Notes to be sent/shared), Stopwatch & Timer instead of Stopwatch, and Astro instead of Filer.

Hi, installed the fat version with HW acc and 710 oc kernel addons on a new white SF TFT and am also getting the black screen prob when making/receiving a call HOWEVER prob only happens when using Launcher Pro. Stock launcher and adw (installed for testing) do not have this prob so far.
I tried that Stock launcher it was better 6 test calls, 2 black screens... :)

Guest oh!dougal

Since you (ADDED - or anyone else with this problem) have the problem, could you try kk's suggested fix?

Its hard for him if he doesn't have the problem himself ... !

It involves replacing a single file in FF with one from his Hungarian Hedgehog rom.

The file is called sensors.default.so and is found in /system/lib/hw

I made this tweak with Astro File Manager (it opens zips as though they were ordinary folders) on the sdcard before reflashing the modified FF (shouldn't need to clear cache and data, IMHO.)

The reason I changed the file was to remove the pitch and roll sensitivity of the compass. I haven't bothered with overclock or hardware acceleration. I'm more concerned to enjoy the excellent battery runtime FF is giving me.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest perljun
It involves replacing a single file in FF with one from his Hungarian Hedgehog rom.

Will try that and inform you but cant try it right now.

Made the replace and flashed ROM without clearing cache/data 6 test calls no black screen, so this appears to be working solution.

First post here and allready running into trouble =)

Haven't got the phone yet, but I'm downloading stuff for it.

I can't get Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS2.zip, the download stops at 99.8% (229.15kB left).

I've tried several times.

Any solution on that?

thx

Guest kallt_kaffe
And the date format setting oddly defaults to something other than the standard for the country setting. It goes to the programmer-logical y-m-d format.

In Android the date format does not follow the country settings so the default value is hardcoded and since this is based on a non-UK ROM it doesn't default to UK standard. YYYY-mm-dd is the standard in Sweden (and many other places aswell).

Setting the defaults for Spare Parts to Fast Animations would really show off how smoothly the thing can run.

That's propably doable but at the moment I don't have enough time to investigate what to change and where.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Made the replace and flashed ROM without clearing cache/data 6 test calls no black screen, so this appears to be working solution.

Great, that means RLS3 will solve this problem. I've been running with that version of the sensor lib for some time now and also I seldom enable HW acceleration and maybe it's a combination of HW accelleration and the finnish sensor lib that triggers this strange behaviour.

Guest oh!dougal
In Android the date format does not follow the country settings so the default value is hardcoded and since this is based on a non-UK ROM it doesn't default to UK standard. YYYY-mm-dd is the standard in Sweden (and many other places aswell). ...

The expectations of a long-term Mac user!

I'd have expected it to default to a country-appropriate setting. And I was misled by the fact that the UK-standard format appears in the selection dialog as "Normal (31/12/2010)" and yet it defaulted to the programmer-logical format!

Not a problem, merely a characterful quirk!

Edited by oh!dougal