[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest chevychase

@'kallt_kaffe'

May i start by saying a big thankyou for all your effort and time that you have been putting into this project.

Now a few questions:

-I use your FF rls1 with overclocking to 710 (black OLED version) and very much enjoying the usability, but i bought my girlfriend a white sf which has the TFT screen, i put FF on for her and she had numerous issues with the screen going black during a call and not returning or not going black in the first place, she also hated the boot up screen and incidentally the compass was fubared. So to give her a stable phone (i can tinker with mine) i put on HH with the andriod boot splash and animation and hw acceleration and your circle battery icon from FF addon. She reports 'it's brilliant' with no problems with the proximity sensor, compass or anything else. My question is then: What added benifit was there in abandoning HH for FF when the build dates are so close together and FF seems to have brought with it so many other issues? (which are being sorted by elements of HH).

-Also can i just enable hw acceleration by editing the build.prop of HH/FF etc. so i only have to have one zip file to install from?

Regards Chevy (keep up the good work)

Edited by chevychase

Guest kallt_kaffe

RLS3 in first post. Overclocking is much better now and even at 600MHz the AHB bus is overclocked which boosts memory benchmarks in Quadrant benchmarks. Let me know if you find any problems att 600MHz that is solved with flashing the original_kernel addon. My phone runs just as stable with AHB bus overclocking as when using lower AHB bus speeds.

Also I'd like some feedback from someone with an Suanalahti blade. I allready know they need the original_kernel addon to get their 5mpixel camera to work but I want to know if the proximity sensor and the compass works as expected with RLS3. There is a possibility that I need to create an addon for the Saunalahti phones to restore the sensor lib and the compass "driver" with their original version.

Guest tonnikala

RLS3 downloaded & flashed to Finnish Blade. Overclocked to 806 MHz. Is there any possibility to get more frequencies..? :)

Neocore: 42.5 fps

Linpack: 5.087

Quadrant: 589

Let's see how stable it is. No crashes yet... Do we need the Finnish Blade sources to get 5 mpix camera & overclocking working? I will test compass & proximity sensor.

Edited by tonnikala

Guest kallt_kaffe
RLS3 downloaded & flashed to Finnish Blade. Overclocked to 806 MHz. Is there any possibility to get more frequencies..? :)

Neocore: 42.5 fps

Linpack: 5.087

Quadrant: 589

Now this is NOT fair... I can almost run 729.6MHz stable but settled for 710.4MHz. Yes, more frequencys are possible. I'll make an extreme overclocking addon for you lucky bastards... ;)

Was that Neocore score with sound? I've been able to reach 45fps without sound at 729.6MHz (on the second run).

Let's see how stable it is. No crashes yet... Do we need the Finnish Blade sources to get 5 mpix camera & overclocking working? I will test compass & proximity sensor.

Yes to get overclocking and 5mpix camera we need the kernel sources for your camera driver. I've mentioned to them that it's missing but so far they've not responded.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest tonnikala
Now this is NOT fair... I can almost run 729.6MHz stable but settled for 710.4MHz. Yes, more frequencys are possible. I'll make an extreme overclocking addon for you lucky bastards... :)

Market crashed @ 806 MHz... so I started SetCpu's stress test @ 806 MHz. All the tests was stable @ 806.

768 MHz is stable for sure after couple of days use.

Was that Neocore score with sound? I've been able to reach 45fps without sound at 729.6MHz (on the second run).

No, that was neocore without sound. That was the best score after three runs. Neocore with sound is 41.5 fps @ 806.

I got 42.2 fps @ 768 MHz without sound. So it looks that overclocking from 768 to 806 doesn't speed up neocore at all. Also it seems that Finnish blade gets ~2-4 fps weaker results on neocore...

And thanks for the greatest ROM! And thanks about overclocking feature (and for figuring out AHB overclocking)!

Edited by tonnikala

Guest tonnikala
Added two more steps so this one has a maximum of 844.8MHz

Seems that I have found that the maximum is somewhere between 787-806. Neocore crashed @ 825. But thanks for that extreme kernel :)

wow, so this rom can make your processor go from standard 600mhz to 700+mhz??!?!

Yes it can (with f.ex. SetCPU)

Guest kallt_kaffe
No, that was neocore without sound. That was the best score after three runs. Neocore with sound is 41.5 fps @ 806.

I got 42.2 fps @ 768 MHz without sound. So it looks that overclocking form 768 to 806 doesn't speed up neocore at all. Also it seems that Finnish blade gets ~2-4 fps weaker results on neocore...

Well, the 45gps I got was when turning off a lot of stuff, killing most things with taskiller and using airplane mode. The gpu seems to derive it's speed from PLL2 (which is why it was degraded in the previous overclocking code) and I've only bumped PLL2 up 19200kHz which overclocks the stock 600MHz speed by 9600kHz and depending on what speed the GPU runs at propably even a lower increase on the GPU. So basicly the increase in Neocore likely comes from the CPU dependent parts and likely somewhere above 700MHz the CPU is no longer a bottleneck for Neocore and the GPU speed starts to be the only limiting factor which explains why it stops increasing. Now if we could find how to change the frequency divider between PLL2 and the GPU speed then we could start doing some magic...

And thanks for the greatest ROM! And thanks about overclocking feature (and for figuring out AHB overclocking)!
Well, I overclocked the AHB bus by mistake and realized it was the main reason behind the increase in quadrant score. Sometimes you are clever sometimes you are just lucky and sometimes a combination of both does the trick. :) I never imagined that the AHB bus would allow to be overclocked by almost 100%. Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest heavyduty00

is it an easy process to getting 700 mhz? and is there much difference between 600 and 700mhz speed lol?

do u have to just install custom rom and u will have 700mhz??!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Market crashed @ 806 MHz... so I started SetCpu's stress test @ 806 MHz.

Try the attached update. It sets AHB clock to CPUspeed/3 instead of CPUspeed/2. If the AHB bus overclocking is the limiting factor for your phone then this version may allow you to reach higher CPU speeds (but propably lower Quadrant scores)

Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS3_overclocking_extreme2.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest tonnikala
Try the attached update. It sets AHB clock to CPUspeed/3 instead of CPUspeed/2. If the AHB bus overclocking is the limiting factor for your phone then this version may allow you to reach higher CPU speeds (but propably lower Quadrant scores)

I tried. That one also crashed @ 825, so it is the cpu itself that it is limiting, but it was good to find that out. It is pity that the AHB bus clock goes up at so big steps (@800MHz choices for AHB bus are 400MHz or 267MHz).

Actually @ 825 MHz with CPUspeed/3 the phone hags up almost immediately after setting the clock. With CPUspeed/2 the phone is usable at menus / launcher, but neocore crashes after ~5 secs.

Guest bitwelder
Also I'd like some feedback from someone with an Suanalahti blade. I allready know they need the original_kernel addon to get their 5mpixel camera to work but I want to know if the proximity sensor and the compass works as expected with RLS3. There is a possibility that I need to create an addon for the Saunalahti phones to restore the sensor lib and the compass "driver" with their original version.

I have already installed FF RLS1 (btw: Thanks! :) ), and I'm going to install soon RLS3 (I have a Saunalahti Blade).

Question related to 5mp camera & original kernel: currently the choice is either proximity sensor and compass working (but not camera) with modified kernel, or camera but not compass with original one? Or which FF features does the original kernel nullify?

Guest jpdribbler

Hi,

thanks for your nice Rom, RLS3 is the fastest ROM in the menue... but there is one thing i am very sad about:

Games like SpeedX 3D are not smooth any more, even with 844MHz..., WHY??? :)

Guest mELIANTE
Hi,

thanks for your nice Rom, RLS3 is the fastest ROM in the menue... but there is one thing i am very sad about:

Games like SpeedX 3D are not smooth any more, even with 844MHz..., WHY??? :)

You must activate hardware acceleration with the provided addon.

Guest jpdribbler
You must activate hardware acceleration with the provided addon.

Hi,

THANKS!!! :-)

just flashed "Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS3_hw_ui.zip", now SpeedX3D is smooth as butter, damn, I LOVE THIS ROM (and also my blade!!!)

@kallt_kaffe:

Please add this information to your First post, i think it might be helpfull for some... Thanks!!!

Edited by jpdribbler

Guest xionation

With the overclocking on this rom definitely makes it the fastest ROM THANK YOU so much :)

I would also like to know if there are any frameworks that would work? I darent flash one after I have just set up

after i have just chose which apps to keep and which to scrap so help on which ones would work is very muchly appriecated ;))

Edited by xionation

Guest steve1221

There's something a bit odd with the battery reporting on all versions of this rom (I'm not complaining, its a fantastic rom).

Flashed with r3 this morning and placed on change. had to take it off charge when battery read 94%. Had sitting on my desk for about 20 minutes at which points it dings and reported battery now fully charged at 100% !!!

Could be be some kind of lag in the reporting s/w ?

Does Apps2SD work with r3?

I can't find out how.

I use this recovery --> recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.3_blade_ext3.img.zip,

I would like to know this as well. Couldn't find a way to use App2SD.

Guest markusj
Does Apps2SD work with r3?

I can't find out how.

I use this recovery --> recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.3_blade_ext3.img.zip,

I would like to know this as well. Couldn't find a way to use App2SD.

There's no need to use it.

You only need to have an ext2/3 partition, it moves your apps automatically.

Guest oh!dougal
There's no need to use it.

You only need to have an ext2/3 partition, it moves your apps automatically.

I do wonder at the number of people with 200+mb of extra apps!

And no idea about partitioning...

There's no need for the rest of us.

But its important that the sd card is correctly partitioned. FAT32 for the first partition, not the EXT partition.

Seemingly 1gb is maybe too big for the EXT partition.

And Clockwork partitioning doesn't work properly. Yet.

So you need to do the partitioning outside the phone.

Then it "just works".

As explained here -- http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1399997