[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

I'm still on RLS1, but when I use google goggles it force closes when i try to use the camera, is this a known problem and is there an easy fix? ie changing the camera kernal or updating rom? =D

Guest kallt_kaffe
I'm still on RLS1, but when I use google goggles it force closes when i try to use the camera, is this a known problem and is there an easy fix? ie changing the camera kernal or updating rom? =D

Forced close for me when I tried to use it. Thanks for reporting it, will try to fix it.

EDIT: Fixed in next version.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest naamankaa

I must say that this is a really good rom so thank you kallt_kaffe, keep up with your good work :)

By the way, is it possible to get scandinavian keyboard layout in HTC_mod. Would be perfect with ä and ö letters ;)

And another thing. How can I turn the hw acceleration off? I have it installed now, but I would like to try overclocking without it.

Guest Budthai

Hi kaffe. I still got problems with my proximity sensor during calls! Sometimes I cant get the screen to light up again which is really bad ;)

Thx for the best ROM anyway.. Hope you can sort this out :)

So, what does that mean? Is the CPU unstable although it walked through the stress-test? or is there something else that gets overclocked together with the CPU that is not affected by the stress-test?

Thanks for your help!

Nobody an idea what is happening there?

Guest steve1221

Anyone know why, when setcpu is set to 'On demand' it won't drop the cpu below 600 for more than a second before bring it back to 600?

I'm running Paul's latest on another SF and on that it drops to 245 and I get 2 to 3 day of battery.

On this rom the power's going down much faster (which was cured by setcpu on Paul's)...

Guest oh!dougal
Anyone know why, when setcpu is set to 'On demand' it won't drop the cpu below 600 for more than a second before bring it back to 600?

I'm running Paul's latest on another SF and on that it drops to 245 and I get 2 to 3 day of battery.

On this rom the power's going down much faster (which was cured by setcpu on Paul's)...

Yes when the screen is on, something is constantly nagging and wanting high speed.

The rom (without bus overclock at least) is absolutely great for only sipping on standby. But when the screen is on, it doesn't want to relax at all ...

Remembering that this kernel mostly originates from ZTE's published source (rather than the packaged production kernels), its most likely another of the differences between the published source and the commercial product. More debugging of ZTE's code is going to be needed!

hi, could someone please help, by mistake under setcpu, with Set on boot option ticked, i set my cpu speed to 740something now i cant do anything as it keeps freezing before i can go into setcpu to undo the setting, is my phone gone???

Guest markusj
hi, could someone please help, by mistake under setcpu, with Set on boot option ticked, i set my cpu speed to 740something now i cant do anything as it keeps freezing before i can go into setcpu to undo the setting, is my phone gone???

Try flashing the original_kernel addon, as I remember, it disables overclocking,

set your clock to 600MHz, and reflash the standard ROM. You will lose no data.

If you have a backup, then restore that, or hard reset your device.

I'm not sure but would assume that restoring a backup/reflashing rom or even wiping data partition from clockwork would resolve this

I'm not sure but would assume that restoring a backup/reflashing rom or even wiping data partition from clockwork would resolve this

wiping all user data using clockwork solved it, thank you very much

Yes when the screen is on, something is constantly nagging and wanting high speed.

The rom (without bus overclock at least) is absolutely great for only sipping on standby. But when the screen is on, it doesn't want to relax at all ...

Remembering that this kernel mostly originates from ZTE's published source (rather than the packaged production kernels), its most likely another of the differences between the published source and the commercial product. More debugging of ZTE's code is going to be needed!

Can you do something against it ? i love a fast phone but i dont want to kill my battery within 4-5 hours :)

im tottaly new to the "scene". got my phone saturday and rooted it ;) atm im overclocking it and testing it with the setcpu stress test. what are the best apps and options for overclocking ?

mfg Cealum

Also i stresstested it, everything went fine and i ended the test, the message set, everything okay and then it crashed, someone want to help ? i removed the battery. Someone have a clue whats up ?

Edited by Cealum

Guest oh!dougal
Can you do something against it ? i love a fast phone but i dont want to kill my battery within 4-5 hours ;)

It won't unless you run stuff for 5 hours continuously .... :)

Also i stresstested it, everything went fine and i ended the test, the message set, everything okay and then it crashed, someone want to help ? i removed the battery. Someone have a clue whats up ?

I had the same problem, I flashed the addon that reduces the memory-bus speed, but it didn't help. You can find my posting asking for help one page back.

atm im overclocking it and testing it with the setcpu stress test. what are the best apps and options for overclocking ?

There are mainly two apps, the OC-widget and SetCPU. Although I prefer SetCpu because I like its good looks I use SetCPU to determine the best frequency.

Normally it's quite simple:

a) make sure you DON'T have the option "set on boot" enabled!

:) increase the speed the smallest step possible. So first step would be from 600 (stock) to 672. Set the governor to performance, so the device always uses the highest speed available.

c) SetCPU should show the frequency you chose.

d) make a stress test.

e) if the stress test has successfully ran for 10 minutes, stop it, and start Quadrant

f) if Quadrant doesn't freeze during the benchmark, you can assume your device is stable at this speed.

g) repeat from b until you device stops to be stable.

You can make this one time with the clock-divider at 1/2 (original stock, at this rom as an addon) and one time with the clock-divider at 1/3 (normal value with this RLS3)

just a few questions i have

1) i'm using pauls froyo alpha 3 rom, whats better this rom or pauls froyo?

2) does overclocking make a massive difference to speed?

3) whats the best settings for an overclocked kernel?

4) does this increase or decrease the performance of games?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ropin

a) Can't tell, only used this, but it's quite good.

:) "does overclocking make a massive difference to speed?"

For the CPU it depends on how much you can and want to overclock. But in this release the memory-bus is overclocked by 50%. Makes quite a difference.

c) "whats the best settings for an overclocked kernel?"

See my post above. Every CPU has it's own speed.

d) "does this increase or decrease the performance of games?"

There was something like this in the last release, overclocking messed with the hardware acceleration. I believe it is fixed now (can't find anything on first page, it is not mentioned anymore, but it's not mentioned as fixed).

So with overclocking and with the higher memory bus speed you increase the performance in games and in the ui.

Just do a nandroid backup and test it yourself! Don't forget to wipe after you did the nandroid.

a) Can't tell, only used this, but it's quite good.

:) "does overclocking make a massive difference to speed?"

For the CPU it depends on how much you can and want to overclock. But in this release the memory-bus is overclocked by 50%. Makes quite a difference.

c) "whats the best settings for an overclocked kernel?"

See my post above. Every CPU has it's own speed.

d) "does this increase or decrease the performance of games?"

There was something like this in the last release, overclocking messed with the hardware acceleration. I believe it is fixed now (can't find anything on first page, it is not mentioned anymore, but it's not mentioned as fixed).

So with overclocking and with the higher memory bus speed you increase the performance in games and in the ui.

Just do a nandroid backup and test it yourself! Don't forget to wipe after you did the nandroid.

cheers mate was a lot of help

Guest LordKickapoo

So....

I have been testing OC`n my Blade and have today watching also my Blades battery temperatures and not sure what the limits are...

temps are around 30-50 and sometimes as high as 63 celsius.

what are the limits? And is the battery temps even relevant(or should there be sensors for cpu for this)?

Phone itself doesnt feel that warm, so im not so concerned about temps but it would be nice to know :)

Edited by LordKickapoo

So....

I have been testing OC`n my Blade and have today watching also my Blades battery temperatures and not sure what the limits are...

temps are around 30-50 and sometimes as high as 63 celsius.

what are the limits? And is the battery temps even relevant(or should there be sensors for cpu for this)?

Phone itself doesnt feel that warm, so im not so concerned about temps but it would be nice to know :)

Something not quite right with your 63C reading, at that temp you'd definately feel it. Highest temp I've seen on mine (BV_1.1.0_RLS2, no O/C'ing) was 39C after about 45mins of YouTube.

Edited by Mike_P

Guest LordKickapoo
Something not quite right with your 63C reading, at that temp you'd definately feel it. Highest temp I've seen on mine (BV_1.1.0_RLS2, no O/C'ing) was 39C after about 45mins of YouTube.

Something that i have to monitor even harder then :). Or it just might be that sensor is broken because phone really doesnt feel warm