MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

Guest TheShak
I'm uploading the right version with working autorotation and it doesn't delete their app appshare for download their software

EDIT: added in first page.

Sorry, what has been uploaded/changed for the Auto Rotation to work? Is it the Lang Pack?

No no :D

For a complete English rom (so without chinese in status bar) you must flash rom and immediatly flash language pack.

If you flash rom in chinese, you start phone then you come back and install EN pack will remain some chinese text.

Confirmed.

Guest TheShak

Hi Mark,

I still can't get sensors to work, so I am just downloading ALL again to retry with new Lang pack etc.

Will reprt back. By the way, this is the best MIUI so far, with Theme Changer working spot on, in fact changing to Frios it stopped a FC in 3D gallery...

Edited by TheShak

Guest vsg2000
Are you flashing rom and lang pack without reboot between? I've did it in this way and it works well

Yes, I have:

Flash ROM

Sensor e WiFi Tether Fix

Flash Language

then, at the end reboot :D

Guest TheShak

Here is the story so far...

1. If you Flash Rom, lang, Sens in that order => then All sensors work, auto rotate, prox, light etc, but some language reverts back to Chinese in the status bar, and settings-> Personal etc.

2. If you Flash Rom, SENS, Lang in that order => then All language is correct, however the Sensors stop working such as light. Auto rotate still works.

All these were done without reboot in between flashing different components.

It seems Roggins fix works great, but can override some language translations if applied last.

Hope that helps?

@MarkII is it possible to merge the Lang + Sens fix, i think it might be to do with framework-res.apk??? Just a guess

p.s. You might need to still reflash lang again after reboot as well if you get the status bar chinese

Edited by TheShak

Guest Dario93
Same problem, after cache wipe in malez radio problem.

I thing in -cache file sysytem there is something more than cache.

So never wipe from Malez after flashing.....

Flash everything BEORE flashing ROM

Right, in /cache there's something more than only the cache.. in fact, in all the ports from Nexus One, the person who makes the ROMshould include the cache folder, originally made by phh for his FRF91 ROM , which contains some files useful to make radio working. If you wipe cache= no service :D

Guest TheShak
Sensor fix works, and auto rotation too.

But language pack is still incomplete

The Auto-Rotate fix is in the Language Pack as MarkII has fixed the bug in the first Lang pack re:build.prop

So as in my earlier post Sensors fix wipes Language which is in a common, file... i.e. Sensor fix is in Chinese

cheers

Guest TheShak
I flash language pack you post again after reboot but...

So, did you Wipe Data + Dalvik

Then flash rom, plus language

reboot

then flash language again?

Also what language are you flashing?

thanks

Guest TheShak

It would be great to get sensors + lang working with this build, so I've done some digging...

looking into the framework-res.apk in the sensors patch and the eng lang here is what i've found

In the sensors fix there is a file missing in drawable-en.hdpi, also layout-en directory is missing and resources.arsc files are different

So guess is that status-bar text are in the resources.arsc file and so Roggins sensors fix won't work for languages that need the status bar text...

Can i change this - tell me what to do ? I don't know how to build an english .arsc file ??? Or am I completely wrong!!

Cheers

Edited by TheShak

Guest vsg2000
So, did you Wipe Data + Dalvik

Then flash rom, plus language

reboot

then flash language again?

Also what language are you flashing?

thanks

yes. Flash rom, sendor fix, language. Reboot then language pack again.

Guest elgubbo

now everything seems to work.

my order of flashing:

full wipe,

flash rom,

flash sensors patch,

flash language pack,

flash modified build.prop (for working auto rotation)

everything works now! very happy with this rom :D

thanks again mark and roggin :P

ps.: just noticed the settings for the launcher transition effects... NICE B)

Edited by elgubbo

when i everytime to reboot the phone, use 2G only failure.

And i want to know: main page download link .... the (wifi tether fix) is it without wifi tether ? :D

Guest gnufabio
And i want to know: main page download link .... the (wifi tether fix) is it without wifi tether ? :D

Yes

The problem is that Miui ROM isn't an open source project: if it were an open source project we would be able to fix issues, to optimize it for our devices, and to release complete lang packs.

Yes

The problem is that Miui ROM isn't an open source project: if it were an open source project we would be able to fix issues, to optimize it for our devices, and to release complete lang packs.

are u sure? because battery drain is still very fast. :D

and it cannot use chinese input software. example: acer handwriting input

well....i flash it again. and testing battery drain.... :P

Edited by mmkim