MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

you have to wipe all , flash 1.1.7, 1.1.14 , lang patch and you will get all in english...

I just flashed this and couldn't get it in all in english. Quickbuttons in notification bar and some menus are still in chinese.

How i dit it:

1. Flash acer 4.002.14

2. Flashed malez recovery 0.6.1

3. Wiped all.

4. Flashed 1.1.7

5. Flashed 1.1.14

6. Flashed reboot fix on display settings menu.

7. Flashed languagepack.

Am I doing something wrong or is the languagepack not complete?

Thanks

Edited by Oskaar

Guest cyberwire
not without wifi tether installed, just put the rom 1.1.14.

I had the same Issues. No tether installed and i had a consumption of about 8-10% an hour just standby compared to about 1-2% with LCR. Couldnt figure out what it was though.

Guest elgubbo
I just flashed this and couldn't get it in all in english. Quickbuttons in notification bar and some menus are still in chinese.

How i dit it:

1. Flash acer 4.002.14

2. Flashed malez recovery 0.6.1

3. Wiped all.

4. Flashed 1.1.7

5. Flashed 1.1.14

6. Flashed reboot fix on display settings menu.

7. Flashed languagepack.

Am I doing something wrong or is the languagepack not complete?

Thanks

did you reboot in between ?

Guest umair9001

This is the best ROM if u want a better battery..I am loving it.. ;)

The battery usage is very good in this ROM..i have 2g usage and wifi as well still will last almost 1.5 days or more..depending on heavy usage..

Guest MarcSpitz
Have you wifi tether installed? if yes it's normal

The camera works well

I have the same problem. My battery doesn't even last a day even if the screens is off.

But others seem to have a rather good battery life, so I am not hopeless it will get better ;).

I flashed 1.1.7 two days ago with tethering patch and english language pack. Can the tethering patch affect battery life even if I NEVER tried it?

Now that 1.1.14 runs fine (thanks to roggin!), if I flash 1.1.14 and not flash its tethering patch, will it revert the previous tethering patch from 1.1.7 ? And so the tethering related battery issues will go away?

Thanks!

Or you have rebooted before lang pack or you have flashed a lang pack not updated

Crap, this thing is starting to feel like rocket science ;) I really appreciate your help tough :)

So how do I flash this right? When to reboot, and why? This is so weird that I would like to know what's going on inside my phone, and why it's so picky :D

Thanks!

oh I almost forgot to answer you. Flashed 4.002.14 and then booted it. Then flashed recovery. In recovery I flashed all I wrote above and then booted (NO boot/reboot between "flashes"). The languagepack I used was the English one posted 1 or 2 pages back.

Edited by Oskaar

Guest Güilzom

I Have a problem to install / update some apps form official market (as the one presented on the 12.24)

Just with some apps, Skyppe, goggles, Can't upgrade Flash player...

I re-flash from 0 and the the problem persists

I upload some logs I took when make some tests.. hope that someone can help me with this issue...

full log: http://db.tt/IOV1YQP

log filtered: http://db.tt/MZq21BM

I have 60MB of free memory in internal memory and close to 2 Gb on the SD (reported by Titanium backup)

I already fixed the market with the tool from titanium Bck.

Guest sciacca
I Have a problem to install / update some apps form official market (as the one presented on the 12.24)

I upload some logs I took when make some tests.. hope that someone can help me with this issue...

I have 60MB of free memory in internal memory and close to 2 Gb on the SD (reported by Titanium backup)

And what about /cache?

Send output of:

adb shell busybox df -h

This is the best ROM if u want a better battery..I am loving it.. ;)

The battery usage is very good in this ROM..i have 2g usage and wifi as well still will last almost 1.5 days or more..depending on heavy usage..

Yes, Also my battery in 3g.

I have the same problem. My battery doesn't even last a day even if the screens is off.

But others seem to have a rather good battery life, so I am not hopeless it will get better :).

I flashed 1.1.7 two days ago with tethering patch and english language pack. Can the tethering patch affect battery life even if I NEVER tried it?

Now that 1.1.14 runs fine (thanks to roggin!), if I flash 1.1.14 and not flash its tethering patch, will it revert the previous tethering patch from 1.1.7 ? And so the tethering related battery issues will go away?

Thanks!

Yes, there is still wifi tether applied, you must flash 1.1.7 without wifi tether and then 1.1.14

Crap, this thing is starting to feel like rocket science :D I really appreciate your help tough ;)

So how do I flash this right? When to reboot, and why? This is so weird that I would like to know what's going on inside my phone, and why it's so picky ;)

Thanks!

oh I almost forgot to answer you. Flashed 4.002.14 and then booted it. Then flashed recovery. In recovery I flashed all I wrote above and then booted (NO boot/reboot between "flashes"). The languagepack I used was the English one posted 1 or 2 pages back.

From the flash of the rom to the flash of lang pack must be no reboot, Try to control if version in first page is the last from miui-dev

If the problem is that you tap on update (or install) on market and doesn't happen nothing, try to tap several times until it starts download, often happens also to me.

mark this version deodexed?

Yes

Edited by markII

Guest TheShak

FYI - there is a newer english translation 1b on ther MIUI dev forum, as always remember change build.prop and edit the update script as necessary...

cheers

Guest Güilzom
If the problem is that you tap on update (or install) on market and doesn't happen nothing, try to tap several times until it starts download, often happens also to me.

Yes

The problems is that starts downloading (can see the arrow int the notification bar), but without advice or error message, stops the download...

Guest Master_T

Sorry if this was already asked, but I just noticed that the "use 2G only" settings does not get saved and has to be re-set at every boot. Any fix?

Edited by Master_T

There is:

http://db.tt/3NW7MoU

A new alogcat... http://db.tt/GvhNckd

Here I was able to update the app officetalk.

Goggles download teh updates, but during installation shows "Invalid package file"

And updating Flash player 10.1.. Start dowload and then stops withou advice

Try to do this:

boot in recovery

wipe dalvik-cache (in malez recovery)

rm /data/dalvik-cache (in terminal or adb)

mkdir /data/dalvik-cache (in terminal or adb)

reboot

Guest Carrera

MIUI Changelog for 22nd week 1.1.21:

Recommended features:

1. Stability and performance optimization

- Optimize memory use, so that when the multi-screen desktops in more stable (there are many screens for large memory installed many small tools and procedures is very good mobile phone)

-Milestone Brazil version of the new kernel upgrade

2. SMS Campaign Optimizer (see details below text)

Phone:

T9 contact search optimized optimized memory footprint small revision (Note: need to manually empty the Contact resync)

Select a contact in the global optimization of call records for the recent contacts (including telephone and text messages recently linked to filter out strangers and mass numbers)

Add contacts to resolve SMS optimize the select list are not allowed to issue letters fast slider

SMS:

Add increase in SMS center number set (SMS settings change)

Add text recommended in the Spring Lantern Festival adds a new message

Add bulk SMS name field can point to open the mass of people see all

Add bulk SMS can be inserted call, call will be replaced when it is sent to send names

New customer phone does not automatically insert a signature

Optimization of the "Add Contact" into the input box on the right

Optimize the user to read text messages sent when the box is smart to shrink by 2 to 1 line of line

Increase in the recommended optimal festivals style SMS

Optimal adjustment of SMS setting interface

Optimization "into the common language" interface optimization

Optimization of mass contact interface and process optimization

Optimal adjustment to send text messages, send in the icons and sent successfully

Save the signature in front fixed spaces if the user does not automatically add a space

Air draft text does not fix the problem disappears

Repair after adding the expressions and accessories, auto away and re-pop-up input

Desktop:

Add animated desktop, plus three kinds of new effects (point of the desktop menu - starter set of changes)

Optimize optimize memory use, so that when the desktop screen in a more stable and more

Music:

Add the third edition of a comprehensive adaptation interface style

Add edit playlists, so that students like to be able to manage music play cool!

Optimization "Now Playing" song interaction, "Now Playing" panel can be opened by clicking

Optimization to streamline "Now Playing" panel, album art, lyrics pages combo, refreshing experience!

Optimization of the local music folder and add to the music player search page to reduce the level structure

Gallery:

New home, folder, flip horizontal

Optimized to further improve the list of folders and open the speed of image

A list of thumbnail images reverse loading fix the problem

Theme:

Add new theme interface

Camera: (in MIUI network disk download)

Added features increase the widescreen, widescreen mode, full screen viewfinder

Optimized to support smooth zoom milestone

Double-screen correction milestone on the repair, the picture will change the size of the problem set

Network drive:

Add an open forum account to upload binding

Add add "one button install"

Add Update List page, in the "installed capacity must have" in the menu.

Add auto update software, update the notice to remind the function bar

Add network disk settings page, you can choose, or wifi network operators, automatic update, update reminders

Add to upload the software, just upload the software marked as "Pending"

Backup:

Optimization of the contacts, call records to optimize the backup mechanism

Settings:

Automatic brightness optimization optimized again (in the Settings - Display - brightness settings)

Optimization of the PIN from the "Security and Privacy," presented to a separate display

Global search:

First time fix to solve the global problem of the search does not return results

System Update:

New system update interface (address at the same time can not see download ROM update)

Flow monitoring:

Add a single application of the wifi, 3g flow can separate view

Add to use the new file format (Note: Because this item needs to improve flow of history is cleared, the user need to re-calibration)

Other:

Fixed dial-up dial-up HD2 key issue is not

HD2 Fixed problems recording video will be FC

HD camera supports up to eight megapixels

Milestone Brazilian version of the new kernel upgrade

Edited by Carrera