MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

Guest Liquidator

OK. Installed over old MIUI, didn't do a wipe.

For some reason Market and a few other things are in russian now. Also, market doesn't work (spinning wheel forever). EDIT: does work.

Is that because of not wiping?

Is there a lang pack for English available?

Edited by Liquidator

Guest Carrera

Select phone settings English))English puck, no.

Make Wipe, I'll choose English and went without any problems in the market

Edited by Carrera

Guest mik93250
Can i use this with Acer Liquid Metal? If not, is possible to make an Acer liquid Metal version? Thank you.

Acer liquid métal is really not the same as liquid or liquid E but vache said me that he is working on sence and maybe miui for métal

Guest Liquidator

Ok, it seems to run fine, but there's some weird things with the karket. firstly, it still shows as MapKet, being the russian spelling, though everything is in English. furthermore, upon every attempted install from the market the phone crashes and reboots. Is there maybe a way to use another market apk or something?

Guest Carrera

Try the archive with the firmware change to the Market which was in the previous version. After you select the English language, delete the / data / data / com.android.launcher / databases / launcher.db with RootExplorer, then restart your phone.

Guest cyberwire

Yes, Also my battery in 3g.

I don`t get it. Am I doing something wrong or do i need to do a trick. Im happy to get beyond 10hours in Standby. And with LCR i usually have 2 days. What could be the issue?

Thanks

Guest elgubbo

i just flashed the newset version of miui 1.1.21 plus german lang pack modified for liquid BUT everytime i try to install any app from market it gives me a half reboot!

thats really annoying since the dowloads wont stop and so the reboots wont (i hit update all)....

anything i can do about it ?

Hi, this should be flashed in this way:

Full rom 1.1.7 -> update 1.1.14 -> update 1.1.21

But maybe it can be flashable without problems also without 1.1.14

Guest Vishal Arya

anyone else getting gingerbread keyboard force close

I/ActivityManager(  119): Start proc com.google.process.gapps for content provider com.google.android.gsf/.gservices.GservicesProvider: pid=348 uid=10022 gids={3003, 2001, 1007}

W/dalvikvm(  295): No implementation found for native Lcom/android/inputmethod/latin/BinaryDictionary;.openNative (Ljava/nio/ByteBuffer;II)I

D/AndroidRuntime(  295): Shutting down VM

W/dalvikvm(  295): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d950)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): FATAL EXCEPTION: main

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: openNative

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.inputmethod.latin.BinaryDictionary.openNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.inputmethod.latin.BinaryDictionary.loadDictionary(BinaryDictionary.java:136)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.inputmethod.latin.BinaryDictionary.<init>(BinaryDictionary.java:79)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.inputmethod.latin.Suggest.<init>(Suggest.java:109)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.inputmethod.latin.LatinIME.initSuggest(LatinIME.java:461)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.inputmethod.latin.LatinIME.onCreate(LatinIME.java:376)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:2959)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3300(ActivityThread.java:125)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2087)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)

E/AndroidRuntime(  295): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Edited by Vishal Arya