MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

For those who are getting some of the content in chinese do the following:

Dude thanks, it totally worked :) don't know why some people doesn't seem to have this problem, while some do (like myself :)).

Feels like I've tried everything, flashed, reflashed, flashed in different order, but nothing. But now, I'm happy :lol: Thanks again!

Guest umair9001
i noticed a HUGE difference in using 2g only and 3g modes.

with 2g only, sync, and medium backlight, 2 calls and 2 texts, rest standby, i got 4% in 4 hours!!! thats amazing!

with 3g, sync, and medium backlight, NO calls and NO sms i get around 3-5% battery drain per hour.

so try 2g only if you have battery issues!

The way these android devices work is that they keep syncing data..even when the sync is off..they get some data regarding weather, market etc..so the connections are in use even in standby..

Best option is to use 2g and when u really require high speeds, use some toggle shortcut to switch to 3g.. :lol:

Guest fischschneehase

Had someone a closer look at the updated music app?! Its width amazing! It downloads album covers and lyrics automatically XD and speed has also been improved its quiet cool now:)

Had someone a closer look at the updated music app?! Its width amazing! It downloads album covers and lyrics automatically XD and speed has also been improved its quiet cool now:)

An if you have noticed, they are starting to insert partially, in some apps, the new UI Orchis

Guest TheShak

How's the battery drain on this going so far chaps?

On 1.1.14 I found it was very good on battery use, both 3G and 2G, only real drain came when using WiFi (is this because of the phh bug in the kernel for WiFi?)

Would like to to try this, but currently testing CM7

thanks

Guest TheShak

Thanks MarkII,

All worked great from 1.1.7 -> 1.1.14 -> 1.1.21 without problems. It was in full english - with the status bar changing automatically after 2nd reboot.

The only minor issue I had was Ginger bread keyboard FC's, so re-installed this and all is ok.

Cheers

:lol:

Guest Master_T

Can anyone tell me their battery stats? I'm becoming paranoid, I restored a nandroid and still it drains the battery at an insane rate when the screen is on, like 1% every 2-3 minutes, doing nothing (just browsing through menus)... when I come home I'll try to reflash BIN + Rom to see if anything changes, but I wanna know if this is "normal" for MIUI or if there's something wrong on my part...

Guest fischschneehase
Can anyone tell me their battery stats? I'm becoming paranoid, I restored a nandroid and still it drains the battery at an insane rate when the screen is on, like 1% every 2-3 minutes, doing nothing (just browsing through menus)... when I come home I'll try to reflash BIN + Rom to see if anything changes, but I wanna know if this is "normal" for MIUI or if there's something wrong on my part...

the drain is of course very high with the tether kernel but i think you have to kalibrate your battery...let it go epmty and recharge iot two times but you have to empty it completely...

Guest Master_T
the drain is of course very high with the tether kernel but i think you have to kalibrate your battery...let it go epmty and recharge iot two times but you have to empty it completely...

mmmm, I do not have the tether kernel... I'll let it go dry, see what happens, altough I doubt that's the case, since it only drains fast with the screen on (which of course takes more power, but not THAT much, I'm seeing 2% gone in 5 minutes here...)

Edited by Master_T

Guest elgubbo
ive got a silly question:

what is that apps2sd plus in the settings and why isnt it available for our liquid?

still dont know :lol:

any answer to this?

Guest fischschneehase
still dont know :lol:

any answer to this?

where do you find it ?! id didnt noticed it :DXD but i would gues its an cyanogen like apps2sd feature so that all aps can be moved and not only the ones which are supported;)

Guest Master_T

guys, how do I totally disable Prox/light sensors from the rom? Just want to test if that's what causing the abnormal power drainage when screen is on...

Guest Ghost-XIII

With my Liquid E when I try to restore an application I have rights to restart :lol:

Support for Liquid E is it abandoned since version 0.12.31 ?? :)

Edited by Ghost-XIII

guys, how do I totally disable Prox/light sensors from the rom? Just want to test if that's what causing the abnormal power drainage when screen is on...

Download original update 1.1.21 and replace /system/framework/services.jar from original to miui

Guest peanut67
i just flashed the newset version of miui 1.1.21 plus german lang pack modified for liquid BUT everytime i try to install any app from market it gives me a half reboot!

thats really annoying since the dowloads wont stop and so the reboots wont (i hit update all)....

anything i can do about it ?

Same here. Did you find a solution?

Guest elgubbo
hey guyz, the new camera doesnt seem to be working. as soon as i put it on video recording it crashes. do you guyz know any solution to it .

after reboot it worked for me :lol:

Guest sciacca

FC for MIUI BACKUP....Anyone else?

W/ActivityManager( 247): Force finishing activity com.miui.backup/.BackupSysD

ataSelectActivity

W/ActivityManager( 247): Force finishing activity com.miui.backup/.BackupActi

vity

W/ActivityManager( 247): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{4634de88 com.

miui.backup/.BackupSysDataSelectActivity}

D/dalvikvm( 356): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 205 objects / 11272 bytes in 123ms

D/dalvikvm( 356): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 23 objects / 1024 bytes in 70ms

I/ActivityManager( 247): No longer want com.android.deskclock (pid 737): hidden

FC for MIUI BACKUP....Anyone else?

W/ActivityManager( 247): Force finishing activity com.miui.backup/.BackupSysD

ataSelectActivity

W/ActivityManager( 247): Force finishing activity com.miui.backup/.BackupActi

vity

W/ActivityManager( 247): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{4634de88 com.

miui.backup/.BackupSysDataSelectActivity}

D/dalvikvm( 356): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 205 objects / 11272 bytes in 123ms

D/dalvikvm( 356): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 23 objects / 1024 bytes in 70ms

I/ActivityManager( 247): No longer want com.android.deskclock (pid 737): hidden

Have you installed last Lang Pack EN? Now there is also ITA pack, but now I have no time ti adapt to liquid