MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

Guest dub24
try downloading apps with wifi, probably you have flagged the option "download with wifi". If you want to download with mobile data, you should flag download with data carrier or something like that....

How do you change this to download over Mobile Data?

Guest Waffel22

Following bugs found by me:

- Angry Birds, GameBoid, SNESoid and some other apps force close right after clicking on them

- proximity sensor doesn't work while getting called, after I put the phone away from my ear the screen keeps black, so I can't end a call

Tried reflashing, but the bugs stayed. Rest seems to work very smoothly, thanks for this great port!

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Following bugs found by me:

- Angry Birds, GameBoid, SNESoid and some other apps force close right after clicking on them

- proximity sensor doesn't work while getting called, after I put the phone away from my ear the screen keeps black, so I can't end a call

Tried reflashing, but the bugs stayed. Rest seems to work very smoothly, thanks for this great port!

For the apps that force close at launch, they are probably installed on the SD card. You should try moving them to the internal storage, as this is a known issue with Gingerbread. Also, I don't know how well this will work in MIUI, but koudelka created a vold patch to fix this problem in his kang CM7RC1 ROM, which also happens to work in LeoGingerbread. Here's a link: http://koudelka.dyndns.org/liquidfiles/vold_patch.zip

The bet is, I guess flashing vold will fix the SD apps force close issue. But I also think that it will break USB Mount.

Too lazy to try now...

Edited by bais

Well, it does drain battery. The problem? Something runs all the time. Just launch SetCPU - it will show that CPU is running in full juice even while idling. This is very bad. First of all, it drains battery. Next - battery can not be charged properly with such load. And last one - some background processes lag a lot.

Guest dub24
How do you change this to download over Mobile Data?

I found out how to turn Mobile Data on for the Market and Theme Downloader. Simply go to the Downlodes app, press the menu key, and select Use 3g Data. :D

I've found the nasty process - it's Dialer. It always runs. I've lost 55% of the battery in 9 idle hours. Something should be done about it.

Guest TheShak
WiFi fix + BT fix +WiFi Tethering

Added in first page and sorry for confusion

thanks MarkII, will try that. Does it mean that on the first page your

"MIUI EN pack 1b (with new Boot Animation) + BT fix + Debugging & Logcat Fix" did not include the BT fix? Which makes sense, also if this is the case then please edit the BT fix ^^ out in the description, thanks

Cheers

Edited by TheShak

Guest markII
thanks MarkII, will try that. Does it mean that on the first page your

"MIUI EN pack 1b (with new Boot Animation) + BT fix + Debugging & Logcat Fix" did not include the BT fix? Which makes sense, also if this is the case then please edit the BT fix ^^ out in the description, thanks

Cheers

You are right, I will edit it, thanks

Guest markII

Do you know that compcache drains your battery faster? with this release battery drain is still high however I will try :D

I've noticed a strange thing, activating battery monitor in settings consumption are better (should be the opposite but maybe is only mine impression)

Guest TheShak
I've found the nasty process - it's Dialer. It always runs. I've lost 55% of the battery in 9 idle hours. Something should be done about it.

I agree battery is not as good as the 2.2 MIUI, however I don't get dialer running all the time. Maybe its something else. I do get setcpu showing cpu runs at 768 most of the time!

Do you know that compcache drains your battery faster? with this release battery drain is still high however I will try :D

I've noticed a strange thing, activating battery monitor in settings consumption are better (should be the opposite but maybe is only mine impression)

Will try that as well. I've got battery lasting a day, but if it could last another half day it would be awesome...

Guest MarcSpitz

If you are gonna add compcache, please make it disabled by default, or the patch optional. I don't know how that works and if it can be shut off without affecting battery drain.

So far, battery drain is quite OK with my phone. It drains a little more than 1% every hour. I would recommend people to make a full discharge and then a full charge before using the ROM.

I have always experienced bad battery life right after a flash.

PS : markII, BT was indeed broken, gonna try your newest patch. However, Wifi was working fine for me with the previous patch. What was the problem?

Guest francesco9482

great rom mark!

i've a problem with the music player. When i press home and left music player in background it stops playing (like if i play pause). Is there a setting to solve the problem?

i'm using this rom since this morning and i've no freeze or reboot like others miui (maybe the problem was in the OC of the other MIUI that my cpu is not able to support)

Guest Master_T

Can any dev explain why LEDs are not working?? Just curious about why since they were pretty much fixed in previous MIUIs, but apparently broke again under gingerbread. Any idea if it's possible to make them work again? They're the only thing that is stopping me from upgrading.

Guest The Duke of Hazard
but this rom works o not works on my liquid Metal???

No. See the category acer liquid metal for metal roms.

Guest The Duke of Hazard

Thank you very much Mark for your great work. Now we need only prox sensors and then we'll hav finally a perfect gingerbread on our liquids

Guest markII
Thank you very much Mark for your great work. Now we need only prox sensors and then we'll hav finally a perfect gingerbread on our liquids

I'm trying

Guest The Duke of Hazard
I'm trying

Thanks again. :D. Two other small bugs, network icon always stays in 3g after last wwifi fix, and the torch toggle is always on even uninstalling the torch app

Guest markII

OK, Proximity sensor's problem is more stupid that I'd tought, just go to app settings-> call settings->disable enforce proximity sensor and Reboot.

Edited by markII