MIUI 1.4.8 Liquid

Guest markII

Guest The Duke of Hazard
OK, Proximity sensor's problem is more stupid that I'd tought, just go to app settings-> call settings->disable enforce proximity sensor and Reboot.

Just done, nothing changed..

Guest The Duke of Hazard
Just done, nothing changed..

In the dark i can see the red light of the prox sensor flashing at very high speed, qbut it doesn't work.

Guest weber1992

i did activate mobile download but i still cant download anything from market , and sometimes i got network error ...... is there maby a special order of flashing the 2 additionales???

I've investigated battery leak problem a bit. Looks like Dialer is not a real problem even though it acts strangely. The real problem - sensors. But I don't know which one. Spare Tools name it Android System.

So for now I use SetCPU to force CPU freq to 256MHz in idle. Will see if it helps a bit.

One more thing - after typing my PIN and passing validation my screen blocks with some SIM Network Unlock prompt. I press Dismiss button and everything works. WTF is that?

Guest markII

After other testing I've observed that disabiliting enforce proximity sensor sometimes it works well and sometimes not, and I've discovered that a big part of battery drain is proximity sensor.

So in my opinion might be a MIUI problem

Guest fear_factory84

same problems as in all roms... prox sensor in our liquid phone has probably some serious hardware problems.

acer roms -> battery drain

cm7 with choco kernel -> battery drain or prox sensor not working

your miui -> same as cm7, same kernel?

So I ask you if there is a way to completely disable prox sensor. It doesn't work well, drains battery, I don't want to use it.

In addition i can tell you that some apps like skype enable prox sensor even if prox sensor in call is disabled (so high percentage of battery drain android system).

Do I need to open up the phone and remove prox sensor cables? :D

After other testing I've observed that disabiliting enforce proximity sensor sometimes it works well and sometimes not, and I've discovered that a big part of battery drain is proximity sensor.

Guest MoNzAi1988

ya i tested and it works, mark, so i disable prox sensor wil save a lot of battery?

It will save a good part of battery drain

I've tested battery drain with all sensors disabled (prox, light, gps, etc) - does not help. Looks like this option for prox works randomly.

Guest TheShak
Just go in settings -> programs -> call settings ->disable proximity sensor.

It will save a good part of battery drain

Maybe it's me, but I get great battery life... plus the sensors (light & prox) seem to work ok. Not as smooth as stock, but o.k. I've also turned on monitor power usesage as per your (markII) sugestion which seems to help.

...???...

just going to switch off the enforce proximty sensor to see if that helps...

Edited by TheShak

Guest fear_factory84

Apps could power on the prox sensor. Voip apps do this. The one I know that do this are fring, nimbuzz, skype for example..

I've tested battery drain with all sensors disabled (prox, light, gps, etc) - does not help. Looks like this option for prox works randomly.

Apps could power on the prox sensor. Voip apps do this. The one I know that do this are fring, nimbuzz, skype for example..

I don't have VoIP apps.

Guest SmithyBeatz
exists an german language pack for 1.4.1????

i use this one without problems.

is there something i can do against the random-reboots? i didnt OC with setcpu, but still have some reboots!

Guest markII

is there something i can do against the random-reboots? i didnt OC with setcpu, but still have some reboots!

Have you changed build.prop?

Guest francesco9482

have you select a specific network for 2g/3g?? in this case change it to left the phone automatically select the network

Guest SmithyBeatz
Have you changed build.prop?

yes, i took the original build.prop, changed language in DE and replaced it with the one in the language-pack and flashed it.

Guest SmithyBeatz
have you select a specific network for 2g/3g?? in this case change it to left the phone automatically select the network

"just 2g" is off

Guest fear_factory84
I don't have VoIP apps.

So the drain would be due to other things... :D

hi !!! the forum please this rom work with 1.3.18 yes or no please ?

could you explain better what you mean? 1.3.18 was based on 2.2, this one on 2.3. Are you speaking about base acer bin?

Is this lang pack good for us (italian)? http://www.nexus-lab.com/miui-rom-italian-....1#LP167passion

Edited by fear_factory84

I'm thinking here...

Maybe battery leaking is dependent on baseband and underlying Acer ROM? I've flashed 4.008.08.EMEA.VFIT before this MIUI. So guys, check SetCPU (does your CPU slow down propely with ondemand?) and report underlying Acer ROM. Maybe that will clear this mistery.

Guest MarcSpitz

I would like to tell that I get very good battery life with this ROM.

From today 8.15am to 10.45pm, battery went from 100% to 53%. I think that is pretty great and I used my phone now and then to watch mails, send sms, twitter, but mostly for translations all the afternoon long.

I do not use VOIP apps as it was suggested to be the problem.

EDIT : I am on 4.002.14-EMEA-GEN1

Edited by MarcSpitz