** STOCK - 5th BATCH ** - Sat 4 Dec

Guest dukla2000

Guest POPE Mad Mitch

by sheer luck i managed to catch this mornings stock window and placed an order with currys, but i've had no email response from them at all, not even an automated confirmation. thats seriously poor behaviour.

Guest Thresherinc
by sheer luck i managed to catch this mornings stock window and placed an order with currys, but i've had no email response from them at all, not even an automated confirmation. thats seriously poor behaviour.

I had the same thing, phoned up customer services and the guy on the other end said that all the correct emails had been sent out, he also said that my order had gone through and the item was going to be sent out.

I have no way of knowing if this is true, but I am hopeful.

Guest dukla2000
ditto - placed 2 orders with them on Saturday morning and ever since the screen that said "We have emailed a confirmation" have been underwhelmed by a deafening silence - zero emails, zilch, nada!

Presume this is a Currys feature, seems folks ordering from PCWorld & Dixons do get mails. Probably cost saving cause we did the 10pound!

Guest dukla2000

Apologies for double post ...

Just checked credit card - no debits. Just checked account at Currys - status of BOTH orders "Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".

Seems to me the Currys side of things (at least) is SNAFU in the biggest possible way. Need to calm down a bit so I stick to 3 letter words when I call their customer service!

Guest griff_dai
Apologies for double post ...

Just checked credit card - no debits. Just checked account at Currys - status of BOTH orders "Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".

Seems to me the Currys side of things (at least) is SNAFU in the biggest possible way. Need to calm down a bit so I stick to 3 letter words when I call their customer service!

Although my GF has emails from Currys saying the stock is ready for dispatch and a order number, her account now says the same thing ;)

She's had no DHL dispatch note either.

Although my GF has emails from Currys saying the stock is ready for dispatch and a order number, her account now says the same thing ;)

Hmm I ordered mine on sat, I haven't had a dispatch email yet. I'm gonna cry if I don't get one this week.

Guest omhaigh
Although my GF has emails from Currys saying the stock is ready for dispatch and a order number, her account now says the same thing :P

Ditto here ;)

Guest omhaigh

Can't even log in to the pcworld website to check

"500 Internal Server Error"

It beggers belief that they get away with managing their stock so badly - either you have it to sell or you don't

Edited by omhaigh

Guest dukla2000
... checked account at Currys - status of BOTH orders "Vega Internet Tablet- Due to unprecedented demand we have sold out and will be back in stock this week".
Think I have calmed down and sussed this is purely because Currys web folk cant distinguish between stuff for sale and stuff already sold, so are using same HTML object for both. In much the same way they cant distinguish ar$* from elbow.

Still zero emails from them, living in the dark hoping a DHL van stops outside sometime soon.

Guest andycap

Just phoned pcw and was first told that my order was approved but they were waiting stock. (I got my order in at 10:53am Saturday) after I complained and told them that I was one of the first to order and that they were still showing stock 2 hours later, he went away again and came back and told me that mine was sitting in the warehouse in a stockpile awaiting collection by DHL. My money has been taken out of my bank.

So no idea if and when I might get one. ;)

This is the first and last time I order anything from PCW

Guest viper888899
Just phoned pcw and was first told that my order was approved but they were waiting stock. (I got my order in at 10:53am Saturday) after I complained and told them that I was one of the first to order and that they were still showing stock 2 hours later, he went away again and came back and told me that mine was sitting in the warehouse in a stockpile awaiting collection by DHL. My money has been taken out of my bank.

So no idea if and when I might get one. ;)

This is the first and last time I order anything from PCW

I'm in the same boat, ordered on Saturday around 11am, had a call from PCW CS to verify my credit card on Sunday. Told me the order has been processed. Called them yesterday "awaiting stock", told me I would get a phone/email to confirm when the order has actually been processed. Money has been taken from the CCard!

Guest flyingscotno1

I suspect mine is held up due to the very bad ice and weather conditions we have. It is in transit from Hatfield, but I'd be amazed if DHL are doing deliveries today and it would probably another couple of days given backlog but so be it.

Guest andycap

Just been on phone to them again and this time I was told by a team leader that thee is not one in the warehouse for me and that they are out of stock and I would be put on forward order but they have no date as to when they will be back in stock. I phoned my bank and the transaction completed yesterday so they have fraudulently took my money without having stock and not even knowing when stock will be in.

I think I might cancel Order and get a Galaxy Tab from somewhere else.

PcWorld you have p1$$ed off the wrong person. I hold a £2m budget for IT equipment at work, guess who will not be seeing any of it !!

Guest Tenacioustina

In the same boat as most.....

No Vega...

No Emails....

Money taken...

No idea when they will be in stock...

Very pi$$ed off with the way I have been treated!!!!

I suspect mine is held up due to the very bad ice and weather conditions we have. It is in transit from Hatfield, but I'd be amazed if DHL are doing deliveries today and it would probably another couple of days given backlog but so be it.

flyingscot1 can I ask what time your package was picked up by DHL on saturday? Mine was picked up at 19.29 and is now delay by adverse weather. The updates for this are tagged as being from the Aberdeen Service Centre but when I called DHL CS they thought it was still awating pick up at the Lincoln service centre. Its now 10 days i have been waiting for this to be delivered ;) I just want to know which end of the country the package is at.