** STOCK - 5th BATCH ** - Sat 4 Dec

Guest dukla2000

Guest adamcro

Just got my Vega through ;)

All seems good, but first thing I noticed is camera is terrible! I don't know if mine is faulty but I can hardly even recognise my face??

anyone else found this?

Guest princeotter

Just had call from Dixons Customer Service. Seems that they are getting stock in tomorrow and Thursday and filling all back orders. Was told Vega has been taken down from websites until all backorders fulfilled. Expecting my 2nd order to arrive on Monday (ordered 4 Dec). 1st order (27 NOv) arrived this Monday unexpectedly with no notification (and it works - so far )

Guest chuck677
Just got my Vega through ;)

All seems good, but first thing I noticed is camera is terrible! I don't know if mine is faulty but I can hardly even recognise my face??

anyone else found this?

Have you looked in the mirror? :-p

Guest dukla2000

2 Vegas delivered by DHL @ 12:15 - a very happy bunny here about to go silent while I play!

Even more happy that despite not being in, DHL left them for me in my dustbin! Fortunately also left a card saying what they had done.

Still not a peep from Currys - precisely zero emails from before placing the order until after delivery!

BTW - relating to the "how many" thread, notice I have serial #s 4600756 & 4600814 (labels on box) - would hazard a guess these are from the first 1000 out of the factory?

Guest POPE Mad Mitch
Just had call from Dixons Customer Service. Seems that they are getting stock in tomorrow and Thursday and filling all back orders.

I just had the same call, got a lame excuse about how popular they are, and got no sensible response as to why the website continued to show the vega in stock for hours after i placed my order if they had already sold out by the time i placed mine (25 mins after announce)

at least i am in the backorders queue now, sigh.

Guest PrinceLuck

I ordered on Saturday morning.

Called PCW today and the answer was that they haven't got enough in stock to deliver and there are 120 of backlog orders.

I'm not impressed + they already taken the money out!

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Just been on phone to them again and this time I was told by a team leader that thee is not one in the warehouse for me and that they are out of stock and I would be put on forward order but they have no date as to when they will be back in stock. I phoned my bank and the transaction completed yesterday so they have fraudulently took my money without having stock and not even knowing when stock will be in.

I think I might cancel Order and get a Galaxy Tab from somewhere else.

PcWorld you have upset the wrong person. I hold a £2m budget for IT equipment at work, guess who will not be seeing any of it !!

Have they actually taken the money from your card. Sometimes what they actually do, is similar to asking the credit card company if you have the funds, and then to reserve that amount for them. Then when the order is fulfilled they take the money.

If they are in the practice of taking funds without fulfilling the orders, then BitterWallet.com would love to know.

I'm not sure they DSG would be concerned about your £2m budget, other than e-penis waving. I'm guessing none of it goes in their direction, and I'd find much better suppliers than PCWBD ;)

Galaxy Tab in-store at larger Tesco stores.

In all honesty, I wouldn't ever use PCWorld again ... their service is appalling, and they don't care about the customer at all. I only go in there when I know exactly what I want, and that it's in stock to walk in and collect. Then that's when I can't be fussed with waiting for another online retailer to deliver.

Hope you get it delivered soon.

Guest flyingscotno1
2 Vegas delivered by DHL @ 12:15 - a very happy bunny here about to go silent while I play!

Even more happy that despite not being in, DHL left them for me in my dustbin! Fortunately also left a card saying what they had done.

Still not a peep from Currys - precisely zero emails from before placing the order until after delivery!

Dustbin is such a dodgy place to leave stuff. Luckily we have a greenhouse they like to use.

Saying that I wonder if Currys emails were spam blocked- surely you'd have got something- I got 3 or so!

flyingscot1 can I ask what time your package was picked up by DHL on saturday? Mine was picked up at 19.29 and is now delay by adverse weather. The updates for this are tagged as being from the Aberdeen Service Centre but when I called DHL CS they thought it was still awating pick up at the Lincoln service centre. Its now 10 days i have been waiting for this to be delivered ;) I just want to know which end of the country the package is at.

I have no idea where mine was. It was awaiting transit to delivery depot. It is now 'Departed Depot' at 22:18 yesterday (6th) from Hatfield. Normally that would see a truck up to Glasgow (I think they have Paisley place and Bellshill too) overnight and out for delivery the same morning. Quite understandably there will have been major problems delivering parcels yesterday and so a massive backlog. Today is unlikely to have been much better but the truck would struggle getting there via M74 this morning. It seems it hasn't arrived or been scanned in and will be a wee while before I get it.

Guest Thresherinc
Not a single communication from them, yet when I call them, they claim to have tried to deliver today.

Pity I'm not in.

Update, they are going to redeliver tomorrow, fingers crossed.

My 16GB MicroSD card should be there too.

Guest PrinceLuck

Well well, just receive the delivery confirmation with tracking number ;) i'm a happy man now lol. I guess they just received their stock or just manage to clear the backlogs!

Guest omhaigh

finally received a tracking number at half nine this evening, after ordering before eleven on saturday!

DHL say it's enroute from Hatfield to Stockton now, fingers crossed!

Guest andycap

I have finally got a tracking number now, I did email John Browett at dixons.co.uk and complained about how i have been treated and how a very arrogant and rude team leader spoke to me even though I was polite but firm with her.

Me email went at 14:01 and my parcel was picket up at 14:58 not sure if the email helped and I will be glad when this is all over.

I deal with 10's of suppliers for IT equipment every week and have never had such poor service as this before.

I too will never deal with dixons group online again. If I have to I will go instore and purchase over the counter in future.

I will relax now and just wait till it comes. ;)

Guest Cwmdu86

Ordered 9:00 Sat morning from Dixons.co.uk. Confirmation e-mail progressing order. Nothing since and no reply from e-mail sent to CS.

Hoping there will be a parcel when I get home tonight as some who oredered on Saturday seem to be getting deliveries.

Guest andyh1877

i ordered mine on sat morning aswell , got dispatch confirmation at 9.31pm last night with tracking order

since then ive been on dhl site every 10/15 mins and parcel aint moved since 00.36 last night ;)

at first i was kinda worried as the parcel seamed to be heading south instead of north i live in scotland lol

Arrived At Depot 08/12/10 00:36 ENFIELD SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 08/12/10 00:35 ENFIELD SERVICE CENTRE

In transit to delivery depot 07/12/10 23:02 HATFIELD TERMINAL

Parcel Picked Up 07/12/10 17:06 DSG CUSTOMER LOCATION

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 07/12/10 LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE

Guest AliBurns

I now have my case ordered from Currys last Saturday. This is progress, it means I can walk about pretending to have the Vega I ordered from PC World the previous Thursday.

Guest Thresherinc
Update, they are going to redeliver tomorrow, fingers crossed.

My 16GB MicroSD card should be there too.

Further update.

It turned up today.

Looks great, I have to say people who complain about it feeling cheap, I think it feels about right for the price, screen angles seem okay so far, but not tried reading any ebooks or pdfs yet, just about to start on the upgrades from here.

Guest Cwmdu86
Ordered 9:00 Sat morning from Dixons.co.uk. Confirmation e-mail progressing order. Nothing since and no reply from e-mail sent to CS.

Hoping there will be a parcel when I get home tonight as some who oredered on Saturday seem to be getting deliveries.

Sitting at home when i got there. Late night tonight i think.

Guest viper888899

Given up with PCW, after a few days of chasing still getting the same answer, "nothing in stock, call back in a few days". Had no choice and asked for a refund. Maybe i'll try again after xmas!

Guest andyh1877

has anyone had there vega delivered on a saturdayby dhl yet

this is my latest tracker info -----Out for delivery 11/12/10 09:03 EDINBURGH HOME DELIVERY

i didnt think they delivered at weekends unless arranged with extra fees

Guest AliBurns

Between them PC World and DHL are making very hard work of getting it from Vauxhall to my office two miles away :

Passed to courier for delivery. 10/12/10 12:21 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE

Possible delay, incomplete address 09/12/10 14:59 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE

Possible delay, incomplete address 09/12/10 11:54 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 09/12/10 06:08 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE

Arrived At Depot 09/12/10 06:01 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE

Quite how PC World can't give the complete address to DHL from my online order is beyond me, inability to use a PC my only possible explanation. Assuming it turns up Monday that will be 11 days from ordering in stock to receiving it. I am currently 50/50 about returning it immediately.