[ROM] StreaksMI Alpha1 Announcement Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest lonegungrrly

just wanted to say that after trying everything you've done steve (miui, 1.4.6, cm6.1) this MIUI, even in alpha is my favourite UI. I was wondering if you have abandoned the project to get it to beta, or if you would be working on it any time in the near future? honestly, if this got to beta, I would never use anything else it's beautiful!! thanks :)

woohoo!!! WIFI IS NOW WORKING!!! ...louder...WIFI IS NOW WORKING!!! :-)

someoneone please correct me asap if im talking rubbish...

using steves "busybox trick"

i think the 'link failed file exists' happens because once the busybox installs in stage one the toolbox is used to patch remains of an old "toolbox" that doesnt play well with the new rom... when adb says "link failed file exists" i think it is short for the data LINK you are trying to push to the device FAILED because the FILE already EXISTS on your device (doesnt need to copy it)

dont worry i wont be holding my breathe for a tina friendly adb version :)

@steve.

if my theory is hot...or warm then i thought you might want to know the commands from the toolbox that were needed and didnt fail.

toolbox commands that were successful-

ln -s toolbox setconsole

ln -s toolbox ionice

ln -s toolbox nandread

ln -s toolbox newfs_msdos

ln -s toolbox uptime

* typo 'ln -s toolbox mk dir' went through?? (should have been 'mkdir' which flagged 'already exists' error anyway)

Edited by tina3

lol...someone please come and fix my wifi tooo...i dont know the a..b..c to adb...:)

1.5 will do fine right now..

neither had i... a few days ago steve suggested i type a few commands in to try fixing wifi on release day, i had to send him screenshots after every command and wait till he answered so i could copy and paste what he told me to put next lol, i still have no idea what im doing but steves instructions are spot on so most people should be able to do it. do you have adb set up?

Guest superutp
neither had i... a few days ago steve suggested i type a few commands in to try fixing wifi on release day, i had to send him screenshots after every command and wait till he answered so i could copy and paste what he told me to put next lol, i still have no idea what im doing but steves instructions are spot on so most people should be able to do it. do you have adb set up?

nope...but I have tht 'what u need to know abt the streak' guide...so probably cud get it set up...ill actually try going over what steve instructions were in the previous pages then decide whether to shift to mIUI...

good for u for getting it working..:)

nope...but I have tht 'what u need to know abt the streak' guide...so probably cud get it set up...ill actually try going over what steve instructions were in the previous pages then decide whether to shift to mIUI...

good for u for getting it working..:)

gimme a shout if you get really stuck, its easy to get in a tiz woz and forget obvious steps :-)

p.s if you're on windows 7 64bit you have my full empathy when getting the drivers sorted :-)

Guest superutp
gimme a shout if you get really stuck, its easy to get in a tiz woz and forget obvious steps :-)

p.s if you're on windows 7 64bit you have my full empathy when getting the drivers sorted :-)

thanks for offering to help and unfortunately I am on Win 7 64 bit...Bah/!!...lol..I am too chicken to try...prefer the comfort of 1.5...he he...

so r u using MIUI as standard for your streak?

found an app to turn the lights off (it literally turns them off, all or nothing style) but its better than having them on all the time! you can also switch them back on anytime.

@steve ive attached the logcat i ran whilst the app ran, hoping you might find it useful??

it took along time to find an app that works so i hope you guys find it useful too :-)

http://www.appbrain.com/app/covedesi...ovedesign.devs

here is the apk download link (i cant attach apk files on here)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nsacdec56wwkost

2010_12_14_02_22_45.txt

Good find Tina...

Just curious, any update on this Stephen? I'd love to go back to this but there are too many bugs that affects my daily use for this to be my perma-ROM.

any chance of added an optional .zip for the wifi fix? im trying to find a way to make a script that i can run from local terminal but as i dont know anything about writing scripts (yet ;-)) its really difficult! ive found a couple of apps that claim to support it but im having trouble looking up how to write the script in the first place :-(

nandroid remembers fix but not always.

p.s its safe to delete swype from system apps (till force closes fix)

Good find Tina...

Just curious, any update on this Stephen? I'd love to go back to this but there are too many bugs that affects my daily use for this to be my perma-ROM.

I second this :)

I'll also add a "MIUI kicks ass" vote. It rules! Best UI by some distance. Also looking forward to the day we can clone Steve and get him separately on this, streakdroid and CM.

Actually, let's kidnap his ass & force him to have sex with some supertechie girl then harvest the kids to do our dev bidding.....it'll work.

Guest cowballz
I'll also add a "MIUI kicks ass" vote. It rules! Best UI by some distance. Also looking forward to the day we can clone Steve and get him separately on this, streakdroid and CM.

Actually, let's kidnap his ass & force him to have sex with some supertechie girl then harvest the kids to do our dev bidding.....it'll work.

Lmao wow

Guest quillmaster
a long way

Stephen...Bravo for all you've done (another payment coming your way soon!). I love all the Roms you have put out and appreciate all the close support you and others follow it all up with. For some unexplainable reason the MIUI is my favorite and as disfunctional as it is in its present state of dev. I just can't stay away from it. So I'll add my voice to the other MIUI lovers saying thanks....and more please!!!! (I can be hopeful....it's christmas ..Right??? :).

Jeff

Guest superutp

Lol...I must say...brilliant idea.....not!!!!

Guest murdikog
Stephen...Bravo for all you've done (another payment coming your way soon!). I love all the Roms you have put out and appreciate all the close support you and others follow it all up with. For some unexplainable reason the MIUI is my favorite and as disfunctional as it is in its present state of dev. I just can't stay away from it. So I'll add my voice to the other MIUI lovers saying thanks....and more please!!!! (I can be hopeful....it's christmas ..Right??? :(.

Jeff

Me TOO!! MIUI is the way to go! Great UI on top of android! better then IOS4.

Merry Christmas Stephen. Thanks for all the goodies you provided for all of us!

Guest ClippinWings

I still have not got MIUI to boot successfully on my streak...

Probably tired 20 times now.

closest i got was being able to see the lock screen for about 2 seconds before it FCed and locked up.