[ROM] StreaksMI Alpha1 Announcement Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

That's a major drag, because it's the closest I've seen the Streak come to "awesome" yet.

To frame my opinion - I'm a total agnostic, I have many phones & gadgets. My only predisposition is that I despise the rape-heavy "Indian corner shop" business approach of Apple. It's this that makes me look elsewhere despite having a superb iPhone 4 (with bumper of course :()

Streak has a nice big screen and suitable hardware. Shame the software has let it down so far though. In my view MIUI is its only hope. Dell should pull its chequebook out pronto. This is a sound investment.

-Rai

Guest cowballz
That's a major drag, because it's the closest I've seen the Streak come to "awesome" yet.

To frame my opinion - I'm a total agnostic, I have many phones & gadgets. My only predisposition is that I despise the rape-heavy "Indian corner shop" business approach of Apple. It's this that makes me look elsewhere despite having a superb iPhone 4 (with bumper of course :()

Streak has a nice big screen and suitable hardware. Shame the software has let it down so far though. In my view MIUI is its only hope. Dell should pull its chequebook out pronto. This is a sound investment.

-Rai

cant wait either , once steve fixes the screen orientation ill be back on miui in a jippy =))

Guest ClippinWings

-Rai

and the sad part is i have seen enough videos of it in action to know it is exactly what i want...

I will keep trying to get it to boot... Nandroid backups are my friends....

and eagerly await a non-alpha version.

Guest ClippinWings

---Typing this as I work on it---

OK... tried again... some sort of progress!!!

Wiped Dalivik and Factory reset... installed StreakMI

it boots to the lock screen... but is unresponsive... no touch input, none of the buttons work... pulled battery, rebooted...

SORRY

The application Google

Services Framework (process

com.google.process.gapps)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

(Force close)

but the force close button is grayed out and unresponsive to touch... as are all the other buttons...

Pulled battery...

SORRY

The process android.process.

acore has stopped

unexpectedly. Please try again.

(Force close)

but again the force close button is grayed out and unresponsive to touch... as are all the other buttons...

Pulled battery... Factory reset, Dalvik wipe... reboot...

SORRY

The application Google

Services Framework (process

com.google.process.gapps)

has stopped unexpectedly.

Please try again.

(Force close)

This time it showed the message briefly and rebooted itself....

then boots to a black screen that reads:

SORRY!

Process system is not

responding

(Force close) (wait)

with neither button functional.

after random spastic tapping... i was able to hit force close.

Black Screen... buttons unresponsive

Pulled battery... last try...

SORRY

The process android.process.

acore has stopped

unexpectedly. Please try again.

(Force close)

Nandroid restore... here I come.

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest johny1fin

Steve,

Diogened posted a link to this -

http://www.srchild.com/blog/view/article/c...ndroid-upgrade/

Diogened's link -

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...roblem-for-2-2/

It worked on my 1.5.1 ok. Screen now rotating OK as normal.

Did this 5 mins ago but maybe I now have some screen sensitivity issues or maybe I have only just woken up.

Maybe this is of benefit to this thread.

Thanks for all your hard work Steve and hope you had a nice holliday.

John

Guest Wee Thomas
Steve,

Diogened's link -

Did this 5 mins ago but maybe I now have some screen sensitivity issues or maybe I have only just woken up.

John

It would appear you didn't really read much in this thread.

Guest Stephen Hyde
---Typing this as I work on it---

OK... tried again... some sort of progress!!!

Wiped Dalivik and Factory reset... installed StreakMI

it boots to the lock screen... but is unresponsive... no touch input, none of the buttons work... pulled battery, rebooted...

but the force close button is grayed out and unresponsive to touch... as are all the other buttons...

Pulled battery...

but again the force close button is grayed out and unresponsive to touch... as are all the other buttons...

Pulled battery... Factory reset, Dalvik wipe... reboot...

This time it showed the message briefly and rebooted itself....

then boots to a black screen that reads:

with neither button functional.

after random spastic tapping... i was able to hit force close.

Black Screen... buttons unresponsive

Pulled battery... last try...

Nandroid restore... here I come.

please tell me your not using the clockwork factory reset ? that DOES NOT work on the streak. use the dell factory reset (one on first recovery screen

Guest bhull521
Steve,

Diogened's link -

John

So are you saying you got this to work on MIUI? or are you just in the wrong thread?

Edited by bhull521

Guest johny1fin
So are you saying you got this to work on MIUI? or are you just in the wrong thread?

Hi,

I have not dared venture into MIUI yet. It does work with 1.5.1 as I have posted in that thread (only in the XDA thread as I do not want to be accused of multimple postings on the same forum)

I thought it may be relevant in this thread as Steve says there is a screen lock issue which I have read as a rotation issue.

If this is incorrect and not relevent then my apollogies.

John

Edited by johny1fin

Guest ClippinWings
please tell me your not using the clockwork factory reset ? that DOES NOT work on the streak. use the dell factory reset (one on first recovery screen

Crap....

Doesn't make a difference that it's the clockwork built for the streak does it?

Crap...

I'll try it again in a bit.

Thanks.

Guest bhull521
Hi,

I have not dared venture into MIUI yet. It does work with 1.5.1 as I have posted in that thread (only in the XDA thread as I do not want to be accused of multimple postings on the same forum)

I thought it may be relevant in this thread as Steve says there is a screen lock issue which I have read as a rotation issue.

If this is incorrect and not relevent then my apollogies.

John

No, no, you are fine.

I had MIUI going when it first came out but reverted back because it is very "raw" at this point.

I'm debating whether or not to have a go at it again.

I will try the rotation fix and see if it works with MIUI and repost .... unless someone else has already tried.

I have 318 running with Fards tweaks and it is very stable (I'm bored .... Steve help).

Guest bhull521

Well I flashed MIUI again and tried the rotation/orientation fix linked above. It did not work.

I really like the UI though.

Maybe someone will eventually get it working on the Streak.

Back to 1.5.1 :(

Edited by bhull521

Guest raidet

OK, so I bought a gun, but got stuck trying to find a suitably techie girl to for Steve to sire. Now I just have a load of noisy reject women in my dungeon going crazy for bags & shoes and s***.

Oh how I wish the MIUI orientation bug was fixed, then I'd shower Steve with beer money *gazes longingly at stars*

Hey that's a good idea actually. If you love MIUI then why not pledge a tenner (or a fiver if you're a cheapskate) to Steve if he uses his genius to sort it?

*I pledge a tenner* :D

Guest ClippinWings

A MIUI build that is actually usable as my daily driver?

It'd be worth $20

Still seems like the pinnacle of Phone UI design to me. It's like the FrankenOS marriage of iOS and Android...

Guest superutp
that depends greatly on how stubbon this is, im going to suspect very

nasty things arent they, these little creatures called ROMS!!!:D

Edited by superutp