[ROM] StreaksMI Alpha1 Announcement Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest murdikog
yeah I'll bump up to £20

Me too! i love MIUI. I was going to sell my streak to get a htc hd2 because of it. I rather have it in my dell. MIUI kicks ass!!!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

LOL looks like im gonna be busy then, though without sources its going to be a royal pain to port over

EDIT: anyone want to come up with a simple list of what people want sorting out first as rotation is going to be a bitch and a half

Edited by Stephen Hyde

LOL looks like im gonna be busy then, though without sources its going to be a royal pain to port over

EDIT: anyone want to come up with a simple list of what people want sorting out first as rotation is going to be a bitch and a half

Honestly, if it would just keep the settings\changes\themes after reboot, I'd be happy. It's been a while since I tried MiUI on my Streak but from what I recall my only issues were rotation and the going back to default thing after reboot.

That would be my request.

Guest lonegungrrly

1) music and sound (ringtones and such)

2) themes

tbh, im not that fussed about orientation. i LOVED it in locked portrait. but maybe thats just me :/ so yes, if you sorted that out, you'd get my donation regardless of orientation. although that would of course be a bonus.

I'm soo excited to see this thread alive again :D

Guest ClippinWings
1) music and sound (ringtones and such)

2) themes

tbh, im not that fussed about orientation. i LOVED it in locked portrait. but maybe thats just me :/ so yes, if you sorted that out, you'd get my donation regardless of orientation. although that would of course be a bonus.

I'm soo excited to see this thread alive again :D

The issue was not locked portrait... Locked portrait works for MIUI...

The issue was locked UPSIDE DOWN portrait.

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest lonegungrrly

haha I stand corrected. it's been a while since I flashed this rom. I remember it was quite funny when I got a call and would put the phone to my face upside down :/ yes, I suppose that having that fixed would be a good thing!

Oh yes.... most important also, music and movies. Its what I use myStreakfor mainly.

Guest quillmaster

Steve...

For me include...

Rotation

Gps

Brightness control

Button lights

And add any performance fixes and other enhancements that might fit in easilly. Ie tabmail or smartsss

Guest ClippinWings
only issu other than orentation for me is i could not install Angry Birds

Wait... really?

I never even tried...

Not joking and it may sound petty.... this may be a deal breaker for me.

Love me some angry birds.

Plus it points to a larger issue, if AB doesn't install, what else won't? What's causing that?

Edited by ClippinWings

Guest ClippinWings
Why Steve, why :D

CyanogenMod support would be SO much better. /sad

Considering cyanogen, as I recall, has rotation issues as well... I think this could benefit it as well.

Guest somebody9
cyanogen!? Yawn

Oh yeah, I forgot Cyanogenmod and StreakDroid look like the normal Android interface and not blingy, square iPhone copies.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the things MIUI has brought with it. For example, the Radio application on my HTC Desire that run Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC 1 uses the Radio Application from MIUI. Works great.

However, once the novelty of everything in the MIUI interface looking like it was the bastard child between Apple's iPhone and a candy store wears off, you will realize that the customization that is possible with Steve's StreakDroid or Cyanogenmod is just not possible with MIUI. I also guarantee greater battery drain - I've used MIUI ROMs on my Nexus One and HTC Desire.

An example of the novelty of MIUI's interface wearing off (read comments) : http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/f..._miui_launcher/

After about two weeks of MIUI usage, you begin to realize that eye-candy doesn't translate to usability or power efficiency.

Cyanogenmod Support Offers:

1. A clean and lean interface that focuses on efficiency and battery life

2. As part of the largest ROM community with the most Dev help, it offers Steve access to more Dev help and any exploits the CM community comes up with.

3. A huge community for the user base as well.

Anyways, I pledge $100 for a good build of CM 6.1.

Guest stoney1973
Oh yeah, I forgot Cyanogenmod and StreakDroid look like the normal Android interface and not blingy, square iPhone copies.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of the things MIUI has brought with it. For example, the Radio application on my HTC Desire that run Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC 1 uses the Radio Application from MIUI. Works great.

However, once the novelty of everything in the MIUI interface looking like it was the bastard child between Apple's iPhone and a candy store wears off, you will realize that the customization that is possible with Steve's StreakDroid or Cyanogenmod is just not possible with MIUI. I also guarantee greater battery drain - I've used MIUI ROMs on my Nexus One and HTC Desire.

An example of the novelty of MIUI's interface wearing off (read comments) : http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/f..._miui_launcher/

After about two weeks of MIUI usage, you begin to realize that eye-candy doesn't translate to usability or power efficiency.

Cyanogenmod Support Offers:

1. A clean and lean interface that focuses on efficiency and battery life

2. As part of the largest ROM community with the most Dev help, it offers Steve access to more Dev help and any exploits the CM community comes up with.

3. A huge community for the user base as well.

Anyways, I pledge $100 for a good build of CM 6.1.

+1 well said. I liked the look of miui before I got the streak, but have never understood why people want other phones to become iphone clones? Why not just buy the iphone? Anyways, whatever happens, at least its another option I suppose. Just not a step forward, sideways rather.Feels almost like ditching the good work that has been made with streakdroid.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

maybe i just dont get cyanogen. seems like we have a very good rom that is fast and efficient in streakdroid. seems like miui would be the best alternative for people that want a genuine alternative to the standard look and feel of android. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt cyanogen look and feel exactly like streakdroid?

Guest stoney1973
maybe i just dont get cyanogen. seems like we have a very good rom that is fast and efficient in streakdroid. seems like miui would be the best alternative for people that want a genuine alternative to the standard look and feel of android. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt cyanogen look and feel exactly like streakdroid?

from my experience of cyanogen(with the htc hero), the nagging wrinkles get ironed out. The work they did on the hero helped turn some very good roms that had flaws into great ones. every release something new was fixed. Yes, it would feel like streakdroid, is that such a bad thing? THeres so many themes, launchers, widgets available to set your streak apart, to make it look like an iphone. Which still perplexes me.

EDIT: '80sLoveChILD: not having a pop at you. everybody likes different things. whatever happens, I'm sure it will be great.

Edited by stoney1973

Guest lonegungrrly

It's not that I want it to look like an iPhone, though of course there are resemblances, I love miui because it's quick, stable, and portrait.

Like others have said, looks and behind the scenes it's completely different to the other roms available, and for someone like me who isn't overly techy or aware of the nuts and bolts behind a rom, cyanogen just doesn't interest me or make me want to show my phone off like miui does

Edited by lonegungrrly

It's not that I want it to look like an iPhone, though of course there are resemblances, I love miui because it's quick, stable, and portrait.

Like others have said, looks and behind the scenes it's completely different to the other roms available, and for someone like me who isn't overly techy or aware of the nuts and bolts behind a rom, cyanogen just doesn't interest me or make me want to show my phone off like miui does

You want to show off your android phone with a miui rom which look like a iphone clone, i mean the irony of it. Cyanogen is more about performance and enhancement is about getting more out of what android already can do and make it better and faster. I do agree of what you say about miui rom, but not the showing off part.lol

Guest lonegungrrly
You want to show off your android phone with a miui rom which look like a iphone clone, i mean the irony of it. Cyanogen is more about performance and enhancement is about getting more out of what android already can do and make it better and faster. I do agree of what you say about miui rom, but not the showing off part.lol

Yeah maybe I worded that wrong ;)

I DO show off Steve's roms to people (especially to my boyfriend who has stubbornly kept official froyo on his. Yuck.) But I think my point was, if I had cyanogen on my phone, because the launcher looks the same, he and others probably wouldn't know the difference. Hell, I don't! Lol

Yeah, I agree that MIUI is a real alternative, while CM is going to be little different to Streakdroid. I seriously doubt Steve will give up on CM, so I don't think we need worry that MIUI is going to absorb all his time from now on. MIUI is almost there as it is - just a few tweaks. This is one of the reasons it's so popular with those who have tested Alpha 1.