[ROM] StreaksMI Alpha1 Announcement Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest somebody9
maybe i just dont get cyanogen. seems like we have a very good rom that is fast and efficient in streakdroid. seems like miui would be the best alternative for people that want a genuine alternative to the standard look and feel of android. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt cyanogen look and feel exactly like streakdroid?

What's wrong with the look and feel of DJ_Steve's StreakDroid? I think 1.6.0 looks fantastic. I like the look of stock Android as opposed to iPhone KIRFish MIUI.

I DO show off Steve's roms to people (especially to my boyfriend who has stubbornly kept official froyo on his. Yuck.) But I think my point was, if I had cyanogen on my phone, because the launcher looks the same, he and others probably wouldn't know the difference. Hell, I don't! Lol

Your device is a product of a mass-production assembly line of underpaid Chinese workers. Putting MIUI on it is not going to make it unique. It's only going to make it look like a Cheap Chinese Knock-Off of an iPhone. After a week, the eye candy novelty will wear off and leave us wondering where the functionality and efficiency that could've been possible went.

Edited by somebody9

Guest LorD CLockaN
What's wrong with the look and feel of DJ_Steve's StreakDroid? I think 1.6.0 looks fantastic. I like the look of stock Android as opposed to iPhone KIRFish MIUI,

+100

Guest laodaren

I would be more than willing to pledge $20.00 for a working day to day usable MIUI transplant. I have been upping every ROM available for the Streak but still find it lacking in terms of speed, fluidity, and convenience. With each update, I test out old favorites and seek new APKs to find seamless integration from SMS to group SMSs with Phone contacts/groups management, to facebook, and scheduling appointments, etc. It has been frustration with endless trials and errors. Winmo was backed by several large software houses such as SPB, SBSH, Resco etc. that developed built in integration. Android still seems fragmented with many small outfits doing their thing but no major players. Understandably, innovation gets a boost but at the expense of integration.

While there are many things distasteful about IOS and how it is managed, their user interface is not one of them. With MIUI, I hope to at least get the GUI sorted out and persevere to find the correct combination of programs for my personal needs. 4 months into Android, I have vowed to "stick it out" at least one whole year to see if it is "My Phone OS". A working MIUI will reduce one variable in the equation.

Really must extend my appreciation to all involved in the streakrom development team, especially DJ. Such unity of effort is truly commendable.

Guest cowballz
I would be more than willing to pledge $20.00 for a working day to day usable MIUI transplant. I have been upping every ROM available for the Streak but still find it lacking in terms of speed, fluidity, and convenience. With each update, I test out old favorites and seek new APKs to find seamless integration from SMS to group SMSs with Phone contacts/groups management, to facebook, and scheduling appointments, etc. It has been frustration with endless trials and errors. Winmo was backed by several large software houses such as SPB, SBSH, Resco etc. that developed built in integration. Android still seems fragmented with many small outfits doing their thing but no major players. Understandably, innovation gets a boost but at the expense of integration.

While there are many things distasteful about IOS and how it is managed, their user interface is not one of them. With MIUI, I hope to at least get the GUI sorted out and persevere to find the correct combination of programs for my personal needs. 4 months into Android, I have vowed to "stick it out" at least one whole year to see if it is "My Phone OS". A working MIUI will reduce one variable in the equation.

Really must extend my appreciation to all involved in the streakrom development team, especially DJ. Such unity of effort is truly commendable.

+1

Guest extrememonkey

All in all it all boils down to personal preference - but at least we will have a choice!!!

I also have a Android Tablet (Advent Vega), all I can get for that at present is either stock 2.2 or Pauls version which is basically stock hacked to enable the market, flash and google services along with some performance tweaks....

I'm all for options, and with muiu I see it as taking the best from ios and the best from Android and putting them in the mixer. It won't be for all, just CM won't be for all - but we then get the choice either way!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cowballz
A Nice Job!

It Looks like iphone since the Iphone Theme.

Wish your problem fixed soon!!!!

If u read back the people who really want it fixed are giving donations for the fix, i myself is giving 40$ if u can just throw some money into the pot aswell that would be great if u didnt do so already

• 2 months later...
Guest cowballz
any plans to release an improved rom with some fixes? A Dell Streak with MIUI would make it the perfect device for me

its never going to happen. we must move on =)

Guest jitin sharma
anyone else going to donate to the MIUI cause??? we def need more people.

I pledge $250 for Cyanogen

and i agree with somebody9 [Your device is a product of a mass-production assembly line of underpaid Chinese workers. Putting MIUI on it is not going to make it unique. It's only going to make it look like a Cheap Chinese Knock-Off of an iPhone. After a week, the eye candy novelty will wear off and leave us wondering where the functionality and efficiency that could've been possible went. ]

Installing MIUI on dell streak ..............haha, then u must buy one chinese mobile ,..............y spent money for this Original piece of heaven

Edited by jitin sharma

Guest cowballz
I pledge $250 for Cyanogen

and i agree with somebody9 [Your device is a product of a mass-production assembly line of underpaid Chinese workers. Putting MIUI on it is not going to make it unique. It's only going to make it look like a Cheap Chinese Knock-Off of an iPhone. After a week, the eye candy novelty will wear off and leave us wondering where the functionality and efficiency that could've been possible went. ]

Installing MIUI on dell streak ..............haha, then u must buy one chinese mobile ,..............y spent money for this Original piece of heaven

yea im moving past streak now though, getting a asus eeepad transformer

Guest cowballz
yea im moving past streak now though, getting a asus eeepad transformer

however even if i dont have a streak anymore, ill still keep my word on the donation that ill give