2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Thanks for the 2.3 test build,

would one do a nadroid backup then flash this using clockwork 2.5.1.3 ?

thanks

need to flash with fastboot (unless clockwork can now flash without md5 files)

need to flash with fastboot (unless clockwork can now flash without md5 files)

Ah yeah im not sure if clockwork would do that,

im not sure either how to flash with fastboot, would that erase my recovery?

Ive been lurking on some nexus-one GB forums and some people are experiencing loss of recovery and boot loops :-(

Ah yeah im not sure if clockwork would do that,

im not sure either how to flash with fastboot, would that erase my recovery?

Ive been lurking on some nexus-one GB forums and some people are experiencing loss of recovery and boot loops :-(

not unless you flash your recovery parition, the archive only contains boot and system.

trying it now, bit difficult initially as my sim has a pin and the screen is upside down until you run camera

wifi is working though, just trying to get adb wireless loaded - can;t see sd card so trying to download

it's pretty slow as expected but a great first step!

update

it's now asking me for a network unlock code when I boot but I can dismiss it

I can scan for a network and T-mobile, orange etc show up but I can't select one it fails to connect

no SU so adbwireless etc doesn't work

tried copying the ril build.prop settings from pauls alpha 3 froyo but no improvement

I set the network to automatic and it eventually said connected , but the icon said it wasn't and it still didn't work

wondering if it might be worth trying the .29 kernel and/or ril from there as the froyo ril has always been a bit iffy?

Edited by rjm2k

Guest Frankish

This is crazy the HD2 guys have a very usable gingerbread rom already! This is on a Windows mobile device! And were left unable to make calls now that is funny.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-san-francisco/

somehow Stackrish managed it, :) thank you for the 2.3 test build, I'll play with it later

I think zte have made changes to the telephony framework (in framework.jar). Stackrish's ROM appears to use the framework from the original chinese leak, so its not really an AOSP build. I assume the AOSP bits used are the framework-res.jar (for AOSP look-and-feel) and the apps. Unfortunitely it doesn't solve my problem.

I've now fixed the audio problem (and realised how stupid the way I did it yesterday was), but it looks like mediaserver is still dying sometimes. I'll try to fix a few of the other more siimple problems (sd card, lights, etc) today and get a new rom up later.

Guest hecatae
I think zte have made changes to the telephony framework (in framework.jar). Stackrish's ROM appears to use the framework from the original chinese leak, so its not really an AOSP build. I assume the AOSP bits used are the framework-res.jar (for AOSP look-and-feel) and the apps. Unfortunitely it doesn't solve my problem.

I've now fixed the audio problem (and realised how stupid the way I did it yesterday was), but it looks like mediaserver is still dying sometimes. I'll try to fix a few of the other more siimple problems (sd card, lights, etc) today and get a new rom up later.

thank you willing guinea pig beta tester waiting

This is crazy the HD2 guys have a very usable gingerbread rom already! This is on a Windows mobile device! And were left unable to make calls now that is funny.

Yeah the reason for that is the ril libraries on the hd2 are the same as the Desire, EVO, Nexus1 and probably one or 2 other devices like the DesireHD and G2 .. all of those devices have proper froyo and made it easy to port almost any working rom from any other HTC device. The 2.3 stuff id suspect does not change much code in this area. My HD2 is off for repair right now so i cant be sure how working this port is yet firsthand ..

Blade on the other hand is another kettle of fish, what else does it share HW with that has native froyo ? ..

Edited by Cass67

Yeah the reason for that is the ril libraries on the hd2 are the same as the Desire, EVO, Nexus1 and probably one or 2 other devices like the DesireHD and G2 .. all of those devices have proper froyo and made it easy to port almost any working rom from any other HTC device. The 2.3 stuff id suspect does not change much code in this area. My HD2 is off for repair right now so i cant be sure how working this port is yet firsthand ..

Blade on the other hand is another kettle of fish, what else does it share HW with that has native froyo ? ..

Doesnt the blade have the same ril as the legend?

See your PM.

Guest fonix232
Doesnt the blade have the same ril as the legend?

Nope, while HTC uses their own libhtc_ril.so, we are stuck with the ZTE RIL library (what is not open-source). We may ask ZTE to publish the changes they made to the framework to do the changes ourselves, or better, ask them for the RIL library source code.

Nope, while HTC uses their own libhtc_ril.so, we are stuck with the ZTE RIL library (what is not open-source). We may ask ZTE to publish the changes they made to the framework to do the changes ourselves, or better, ask them for the RIL library source code.

if you want to ask them yourself pm me your email address but go easy on them, they probably wont release RIL code but maybe we can convince them to release the framework changes since it's open source

Guest markusj
Here is my first attempt. blade-gingerbread-aosp-0.1.zip

Sound is still not working. I suspect it is partially working (see pulse 2.3 thread, both use the same libaudio code), but since RIL doesn't work I can't test it.

The screen is inverted at boot. It has actually been flipped in the code, but still comes up inverted at boot. If you run an app that changes orientation (eg. Camera), it will flip the correct way. I will find a better solution.

This is very early and has a lot of problems, so don't expect it to work and don't expect all the bugs fixed any time soon.

It is now running on the 2.6.32 kernel from the leaked chinese roms.

As for the comment about no AOSP 2.2 rom, there have been several but none have been released. As far as I know none had working RIL which is the main reason I havent released any of my blade roms. The problem with releasing roms that don't fully work is that people try to use them and then complain.

Thank you :)

My screen is flipped, not just at boot. Touchscreen is correct, so I couldn't play much with it.

if you want to ask them yourself pm me your email address but go easy on them, they probably wont release RIL code but maybe we can convince them to release the framework changes since it's open source

The RIL code is from Qualcomm and as far as I know not open source so they won't be able to release it without Qualcomm's permission.

The original framework code is open source, but it is release under the Apache license, so there is no requirement for them to release any changes.

Thank you :)

My screen is flipped, not just at boot. Touchscreen is correct, so I couldn't play much with it.

If you run the camera app it will flip the correct way. It is fixed properly in the next release.

I'm trying to get BT fixed now then I'll upload my current rom.

Guest markusj
If you run the camera app it will flip the correct way. It is fixed properly in the next release.

Oh, I see, I read that it's OK, even when the camera flips it.

Guest hecatae
Fixed

Lights (do the other buttons have a backlight, or just the back button).

I fixed a problem with bluetooth but it still doesn't work.

lights worked on 2.1 only so far, 2.2 leak had only back button lit as ZTE said that the v880 does not have a backlight in the other keys.

The RIL code is from Qualcomm

that's why I wonder if the legend ril might work since it's the same chipset, I suppose it depends if HTC/ZTE made changes to it for their own needs

Anyone downloaded the latest version? I've tried twice now, both corrupt.

works for me (besides wlan, gsm ;-))

little howto:

- create a nandroid backup (clockwork mod)

- copy the backup folder to your computer

- overwrite boot.img and system.img with the one you downloaded and unzipped

- calculate a new md5 checksum for boot.img and system.img and update the *.md5 file

- copy the folder back to your sdcard

- boot to clockworkmod recovery (Volume - and power), android robot should turn blue

- in clockworkmod select "restore" and select the backup name (mine is like tomg_gingerbread_23_v0.2

- flash back

- wipe data

- factory reset

restart your device.

hth