2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

^How's the responsiveness? I know it's alpha, but just wanna know how 2.3 feels on the blade.

This one is a bit lagging, but for a so early build it cannot be blamed.

wifi seems broken on the new version (no networks shown, switches wifi off when I switch it on), it worked on the first no problems.

D/Tethering(  108): wlan0 is not a tetherable iface, ignoring
E/WifiHW ( 108): Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/data/system/wpa_supplicant/sta": No such file or directory
D/WifiStateTracker( 108): Reset connections and stopping DHCP
D/WifiStateTracker( 108): Disabling interface
E/WifiHW ( 108): Unable to open connection to supplicant on "/data/system/wpa_supplicant/sta": No such file or directory[/codebox]

strange, i haven't changed /data partition

Edited by corsin

New rom.

blade-gingerbread-aosp-0.2.zip

Fixed

Screen rotation

Audio

Lights (do the other buttons have a backlight, or just the back button).

I fixed a problem with bluetooth but it still doesn't work.

*983*0# LED test seems to show that the other 2 have backlight but only home has a different colour (red, green and possibly amber too)

Edited by rjm2k

Guest fonix232

Does anyone have a working Android Market for the second build? That would be enough for me to grab the latest GMail, etc apps. Or maybe I will try a simple Market from an older version :hmm:

Guest Frankish

Looks really nice. Touchscreen etc all fine.

Camera won't work it asks for an SD card to be inserted.

No wifi or bluetooth. r2 is the first and only one i've tried.

Sounds working great.

Obviously gets no network.

Very slow so far but it can only get better.

Keyboard is ridiculously squashed. Like all "ports" of it so far.

Keep going Tom G i hope the biggest obstacle, ril can be sorted,

Does anyone have a working Android Market for the second build? That would be enough for me to grab the latest GMail, etc apps. Or maybe I will try a simple Market from an older version :hmm:

wifi/mobile networks not working, so no way to get to the market. i managed to install the google apps, but without internet connection, you cannot set up any accounts.

Guest fonix232
wifi/mobile networks not working, so no way to get to the market. i managed to install the google apps, but without internet connection, you cannot set up any accounts.

I thought WiFi works :) At least it was reported working by a few users. Tom?

Guest fonix232
In v0.1 it worked, but appearently in v0.2 it doesn't work

Great...

Currently: working on getting WiFi up n running on v0.2

Also, I maybe found the problem with the camera in v0.2. Posting solution after I've tried it out!

EDIT:

also, found a lil' bug:

Drag the notification bar. You will see a little break in it, on the left, just from the middle to the right end.

And, what about SD card support?

EDIT2:

Found out, somewhy WLAN is redirected to /data/system instead of /system... must be a bug of the framework or settings...

Tom did you change any WLan related stuff in v0.2?

Edited by fonix232

that's why I wonder if the legend ril might work since it's the same chipset, I suppose it depends if HTC/ZTE made changes to it for their own needs

HTC devices use different RIL/baseband, but I have thought about trying to get Qualcomm RIL drivers from another device to work. The Commtiva z71 for example looks very similar to the Blade.

lights worked on 2.1 only so far, 2.2 leak had only back button lit as ZTE said that the v880 does not have a backlight in the other keys.

That makes sense. The only lights the kernel appears to support is the red/green on the back button. Once 2.6.32 source is available we should be able to add what ever the blade should have.

I don't know what happened to wifi. I haven't changed anything. I think it has somehow picked up the default wpa_supplicant configuration instead of what it should use.

It is normal for it to point to /data/system, but it should be looking for /data/system/wpa_supplicant/wlan0.

Guest fonix232
Oh yeah just noticed that weird little break in the notification bar once dragged down...right near the bottom...strange.

Now I'm getting more and more graphical problems around. On the lockscreen, sometimes text looks jizzy too, and more... Something is kinda f**ked up!

Guest Frankish

I just opened up the framework-res.apk and there are ONLY images for signal for cdma? Is this supposed to be like that? There should be images for 3g and gsm etc.

HTC devices use different RIL/baseband, but I have thought about trying to get Qualcomm RIL drivers from another device to work. The Commtiva z71 for example looks very similar to the Blade.

I tried the cm6 z71 ril libs and rild and it gave same result as stock aosp on your cm6 build .. I did not open framework and try to use anything from in there ..

And, what about SD card support?

Have you checked /system/etc/vold.fstab ?

should have something similar to

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

I have not used 2.3 yet but most sd card issues are related to incorrect values here ...

Guest hecatae

ZTE's version on the Commtiva Z71 is called the ZTE X876, only sold by Unicom China

I tried the cm6 z71 ril libs and rild and it gave same result as stock aosp on your cm6 build .. I did not open framework and try to use anything from in there ..

rild will fail to start if you just copy the libs straight from the z71. They will need some modification.

I may have a solution to the RIL problem. It probably won't work, so don't expect anything, but I am hopeful of some progress tomorrow.

Have you checked /system/etc/vold.fstab ?

should have something similar to

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/mmc0

I have not used 2.3 yet but most sd card issues are related to incorrect values here ...

I think the vold.fstab in the current rom was the one from the froyo roms. It looked like the device path was wrong in it, but correcting it didn't fix the problem. I haven't look at the sd problem much yet.

From the brief look I had I think the ZTE vold is modified. What ever the problem is it shouldn't be hard to fix, I just need time to look at it.

Guest Frankish

What about the framework only having images for signal for cdma and ev? Where are gsm and 3g? Is this normal or something we should be worried about? Have they moved?

Guest fonix232
What about the framework only having images for signal for cdma and ev? Where are gsm and 3g? Is this normal or something we should be worried about? Have they moved?

I guess the system uses the same images for 3G, usual GSM connection, CDMA, etc.

Guest Bazza76
I guess the system uses the same images for 3G, usual GSM connection, CDMA, etc.

They are all in app folder systemUI.apk

B

Edited by Bazza76