2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Guest oh!dougal
The attached file assume you are using the latest source (20101123) from ZTE.

/drivers/power/msm_battery.c - fixes the battery not showing current charge.

/drivers/video/msm/* - Some fixes to make it compile and also swap red and blue on tft displays.

/arch/arm/mach-msm/rpc_server_handset.c - Fixes the power button (no need to remap keylayout anymore)

/arch/arm/mach-msm/include/mach/camera.h - Fix to make it compile (removed a duplicate #endif)

"swap red and blue on tft displays" -- and ONLY when it encounters a tft display, I believe.

What e;se would need to be included from the Blade source to put the screen and touch "the right way round"?

Or would those files do it?

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest kallt_kaffe
"swap red and blue on tft displays" -- and ONLY when it encounters a tft display, I believe.

What e;se would need to be included from the Blade source to put the screen and touch "the right way round"?

Or would those files do it?

Those files are just to make the source ZTE provided work at all. To rotate the screen 180 degrees in the kernel we need to do some magic...

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest The-One

To turn the screen to his normal state we probably have to use the fbcon:rotate..

--------

Edit: Maybe playing with the CoordinateSystem in the kernel does the trick too?

Anyone has some more ideas? ;)

Edited by The-One

Guest ergo911

someone still working on it? I know it won't be as good as needed everyday use, but one day when we'll getting a 2.3 dump from real phone we know what and how we have to do to get it working :)

Guest Matty-p
someone still working on it? I know it won't be as good as needed everyday use, but one day when we'll getting a 2.3 dump from real phone we know what and how we have to do to get it working :)

I will be making a. 23 release in the holidays when ive got time hopefully by xmas? !

Guest fonix232
I will be making a. 23 release in the holidays when ive got time hopefully by xmas? !

Woot, we get Gingerbread from Santa (here in Hungary, and mostly in Europe, Santa comes on 6th of August), then working Gingerbread for Xmas? That's simply GREAT! Oh noes, that's not the word for it... I have to look for the superlative of a superlative :)

Guest Matty-p
Woot, we get Gingerbread from Santa (here in Hungary, and mostly in Europe, Santa comes on 6th of August), then working Gingerbread for Xmas? That's simply GREAT! Oh noes, that's not the word for it... I have to look for the superlative of a superlative :)

yea but wont even be starting till 20th

Edited by Matty-p

Guest Matty-p
To turn the screen to his normal state we probably have to use the fbcon:rotate..

--------

Edit: Maybe playing with the CoordinateSystem in the kernel does the trick too?

Anyone has some more ideas? :)

can nybody try

diff --git a/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp b/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp

index 0722fda..80da961 100644

--- a/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp

+++ b/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp

@@ -1854,6 +1854,9 @@ void GraphicPlane::setDisplayHardware(DisplayHardware *hw)

case 90:

displayOrientation = ISurfaceComposer::eOrientation90;

break;

+ case 180:

+ displayOrientation = ISurfaceComposer::eOrientation180;

+ break;

case 270:

displayOrientation = ISurfaceComposer::eOrientation270;

break;

and

ro.sf.hwrotation=180 in build.prop

?

fyi thats surface flinger from 2.2 might notwork if not will have to wait for 2.3 source from google

also could somebody set me .zips of boot and system i cant extract the .img s on the machine im on atm and i dont have adp n this comp either so cant pull from phone thanks :)

Edited by Matty-p

Guest Matty-p

ok looks like xperia has 2.3 rom made over at xda this is cool cos xperia also has a screen mounted upside down so we need to sift through the development thread and see how they fliped the screen and steel thier idea/code :) :)

thier rom dl http://www.mediafire.com/?tadhqgjt0uzyds9

thread anouncing http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=4068

looking for dev thread now ...............

pulling xperia rom now just have a really sow conection and i dont have zips anyway so ncant really test unless i do it from my phone or make it all over agin myself

found a couple of things attached em but havent looked yet cos theres more ........

post-753227-1291931229_thumb.png

flinger_experia.zip

Edited by Matty-p

Guest shadowninty

Santa doesnt come to my house anymore :)

Guest ergo911
ok looks like xperia has 2.3 rom made over at xda this is cool cos xperia also has a screen mounted upside down so we need to sift through the development thread and see how they fliped the screen and steel thier idea/code :) :)

pulling xperia rom now just have a really sow conection and i dont have zips anyway so ncant really test unless i do it from my phone or make it all over agin myself

found a couple of things attached em but havent looked yet cos theres more ........

Keep on going Matty-p :(

Guest Matty-p

ok got half an hour to work on it today, i extracted the sytem.img (im on windows took ages to get all the right programs and dll's ect)havent really fixed anything as havent looked down into the kernal i did try one of my ideas to flip screen im 70-80% it wont work but i am tyring to chuck it on my phone as a update .zip but the update script i wrote dosent work on clockwork i get finding package.... then opening package..... flashup real quickly then nothing . i cant see where i went wrong with the script although i am sure it is blindingly simple . if anyone could have a look at it and check / write a new one i would appriciate it i have a bit of a mental block over it :) . so anyway have attached it for dl as a zip rather than toms .img 's in case anyone wants it like that for development or flashing ect.i could of corse package the system folder as a .img and fastboot it on but that would be taking the easy option out :) thanks! dl link below

note not a working update.zip yet (95% sure) no fixes from tom g's test 1 rom heres the dl link - http://bit.ly/23tstmattyp

Edited by Matty-p

Guest ergo911

Hi Matty-p! I don't see a download link! I tried to combine 2.2 and X10 2.3 and modified update script but it didn't flash got a error something like "e6" or so. Then my san fran didn't wan't to restore very well and did get stuck in a boot loop but flashing alpha3 again and then restored i got back were i was.... so my trial was over :)

Edited by ergo911

Guest Matty-p
Hi Matty-p! I don't see a download link! I tried to combine 2.2 and X10 2.3 and modified update script but it didn't flash got a error something like "e6" or so. Then my san fran didn't wan't to restore very well and did get stuck in a boot loop but flashing alpha3 again and then restored i got back were i was.... so my trial was over :)

dl link was broken fixing it after this post - wow thats almost certianly not going to work but well done for trying ! the e6 error might be cos your using the new clockwork i recomend using the slightly older one. yea boot loop is what id expect. yea i always use r3 for my safety net rom !! your best bet if you want to see 2.3 is use a theme or for real use tom g 's dl or download mine fix update script and please please report back :)

As far as I know the X10 screen is not inverted (but I could be wrong). Regardless, if it is inverted that rom doesn't fix it. All the libs in that rom are directly from the sdk with no modification.

I don't think we will be able to fix the screen until source is available, but I have inverted the touch screen input so that it matches the screen (so the screen is still the wrong way but input now matches). This makes it much easier to use. I'm still having some problems with the touch input, but I'm hoping kallt_kaffe's analog fix might help.

I'll get a new rom up later. It shoud have wifi fixed as well.

can nybody try

diff --git a/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp b/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp

index 0722fda..80da961 100644

--- a/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp

+++ b/libs/surfaceflinger/SurfaceFlinger.cpp

@@ -1854,6 +1854,9 @@ void GraphicPlane::setDisplayHardware(DisplayHardware *hw)

case 90:

displayOrientation = ISurfaceComposer::eOrientation90;

break;

+ case 180:

+ displayOrientation = ISurfaceComposer::eOrientation180;

+ break;

case 270:

displayOrientation = ISurfaceComposer::eOrientation270;

break;

and

ro.sf.hwrotation=180 in build.prop

?

fyi thats surface flinger from 2.2 might notwork if not will have to wait for 2.3 source from google

also could somebody set me .zips of boot and system i cant extract the .img s on the machine im on atm and i dont have adp n this comp either so cant pull from phone thanks :)

If we had source for surfaceflinger we could change the defaults for SurfaceComposer but until source is released that won't be an option.

Guest fonix232
If we had source for surfaceflinger we could change the defaults for SurfaceComposer but until source is released that won't be an option.

Why can't you use the AOSP source? ZTE haven't modified it too much I think!

Guest Matty-p

sure just thought may aswell try 2.2's just in case

Guest Matty-p
As far as I know the X10 screen is not inverted (but I could be wrong). Regardless, if it is inverted that rom doesn't fix it. All the libs in that rom are directly from the sdk with no modification.

i figured i just thought id check or see if they had done anything at kernal leval

I don't think we will be able to fix the screen until source is available, but I have inverted the touch screen input so that it matches the screen (so the screen is still the wrong way but input now matches). This makes it much easier to use. I'm still having some problems with the touch input, but I'm hoping kallt_kaffe's analog fix might help.

I'll get a new rom up later. It shoud have wifi fixed as well.

great :)