2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Guest Matty-p
With the rom I have noticed that everything seems to be 'on press' instead of 'on release', so it is really hard to scroll through menus :L

yea i found that ever since test 1 glad you confirmed so i know its not just how i scroll also if you touch the apdraw and remove finger it automatically hits home button i think it may be on press and on release ?? oh dear :)

A big thanks to MDCFan for the screen orientation fix.

Here is a new rom. gingerbread-blade-test3-signed.zip Its still uploading, wait 10 minutes.

I'm still having SD card issues but I'm hoping its just me and doesnt effect others. If the sdcard doesnt mount, manually running vold from the terminal should fix it.

There should be another change to libsurfaceflinger.so coming shortly as MDCFan's current fix will have rotation inverted (if rotation worked).

Edit. The rom now includes MDCFan's updated libsurfaceflinger. Its uploading again so, another 10 minutes :)

Edited by Tom G

With the rom I have noticed that everything seems to be 'on press' instead of 'on release', so it is really hard to scroll through menus :L

That is a bug in the ZTE code. I fixed it in my kernel.

--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c	 2010-10-28 11:00:58.000000000 +1100

+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c	   2010-12-13 07:21:25.000000000 +1100

@@ -179,7 +180,7 @@

input_report_abs(ts->input_dev, ABS_MT_WIDTH_MAJOR, w2);

input_mt_sync(ts->input_dev);

}

-			   input_sync(ts->input_dev);

+//			 input_sync(ts->input_dev);

input_report_key(ts->input_dev, BTN_TOUCH, !!finger);

input_sync(ts->input_dev);

Guest Matty-p
That is a bug in the ZTE code. I fixed it in my kernel.

--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c	 2010-10-28 11:00:58.000000000 +1100
+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c 2010-12-13 07:21:25.000000000 +1100
@@ -179,7 +180,7 @@
input_report_abs(ts->input_dev, ABS_MT_WIDTH_MAJOR, w2);
input_mt_sync(ts->input_dev);
}
- input_sync(ts->input_dev);
+// input_sync(ts->input_dev);
input_report_key(ts->input_dev, BTN_TOUCH, !!finger);
input_sync(ts->input_dev);[/code]

cheers ill stick it in mine tommarow

Guest Matty-p
There should be another change to libsurfaceflinger.so coming shortly as MDCFan's current fix will have rotation inverted (if rotation worked).

yea it worked , its not inverted

added to zte site http://zteblade.webs.com

Why?

Seems a bit silly to me, you're going to have loads of people seeing it, not reading everything trying to flash and then moaning like hell when the phone doesn't work.

Much better to wait until you can at least make a phone call on it before making to "too" public?

Guest Matty-p
Why?

Seems a bit silly to me, you're going to have loads of people seeing it, not reading everything trying to flash and then moaning like hell when the phone doesn't work.

Much better to wait until you can at least make a phone call on it before making to "too" public?

depends i think leve it but put capital letters bold warning if your a noob gtfo :) kidding dont say that but do bold and caps warning

Guest Matty-p

Here is a new rom. gingerbread-blade-test3-signed.zip Its still uploading, wait 10 minutes.

I'm still having SD card issues but I'm hoping its just me and doesnt effect others. If the sdcard doesnt mount, manually running vold from the terminal should fix it.

Edit. The rom now includes MDCFan's updated libsurfaceflinger. Its uploading again so, another 10 minutes :)

actually tom a bit cheeky of me but put could you put your custom kernal for this with your changes on A/the git hub? so we can look, make a overclocked version do improvents ect. far better than us all making different custom kernals ect or trying to extract yours

thanks

Guest ergo911

Won't install with newer clockworkmod?

Guest Matty-p

debug.sf.hw=1

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

plus of course gralloc.msm7k in lib and outher stuff. its actually hard to say if its working tbh i dont think it is working but scroling through settings is way nicer i think ? so i dont really know and quadrant wont rn so i can test or anything if this is hw acceleration tho its bad bearly any differance i dont think it is tho

Guest ergo911
download link !!!!!!!!!! for 2.3 with sd card and screen wright way up - remember to procced with caution many thinks dont work as mentioned before

remember a nandroid a flash keeps your phone from a crash !! you get the idea i never was good at ryming just do a nandroid ok:-)

http://bit.ly/23screenrightwayup

Ok, what i found out is that:

Phone part is not woking

wifi tries to switch on but gives a error

sdcard not working

no sound

buttons lights are working but, the red one is always on

bluetooth not working

did'nt went to sleep

hope it helps :)

Guest Matty-p

Phone part is not woking

sdcard not working

no sound

bluetooth not working

did'nt went to sleep

tbh i/we knew all that apart from 'sdcard not working' do you mean from usb or from phone (astro ect) ?? and the sleep part but i gesed it wouldn't work.

this is actually really helpful especially as one list THANK YOU!

Guest nvidiax
tbh i/we knew all that apart from 'sdcard not working' do you mean from usb or from phone (astro ect) ?? and the sleep part but i gesed it wouldn't work.

this is actually really helpful especially as one list THANK YOU!

I second the SD card not working

It isn't being recognised by the phone

im using toms test 3 and i cant even pick up my network on mine i can pickup just not connect

I had my settings in place from 2.2, that might have been something to do with it?

Guest Matty-p
I had my settings in place from 2.2, that might have been something to do with it?

maybe i wiped data/cache ill flash 2.2 then 2.3 and see ! if so we'll have to look into what it was and put it in the rom for all. i recon its do do with athentication and encryption as in wont athenticate but if pasword/authentication already stored/done its cool just a hunch tho i dunno

Guest Matty-p

yep flashed 2.2 put in settings then 2.3 without a wipe and now have wifi strange tho :) thanks rem1x :)

debug.sf.hw=1

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit

plus of course gralloc.msm7k in lib and outher stuff. its actually hard to say if its working tbh i dont think it is working but scroling through settings is way nicer i think ? so i dont really know and quadrant wont rn so i can test or anything if this is hw acceleration tho its bad bearly any differance i dont think it is tho

debug.sf.hw shouldnt matter. It will default to on if not specified.

I forgot to enable JIT. It is on in the pulse rom and working fine.

It won't boot with gralloc.msm7k and gets graphical glitches with copybit. The gralloc problem might be from the VMSPLIT change, maybe one from a different device will work. I'll try build one later and test it. The copybit problem was probably because of gralloc.

Phone part is not woking

sdcard not working

no sound

bluetooth not working

did'nt went to sleep

Wifi works fine for me. It probably won't work if you don't wipe data (the wpa_supplicant setup is a bit different).

sdcard has some strange issues. It probably wont work if you have a partitioned card, but at the moment it isnt working at all for me. It did work previously.

light work correctly for me.

sleeps fine for me.