2.3 for San Fran

Guest olionair

Guest Simon O
mate i swear nothing installs with that revert to older one

Only because the newer clockwork doesn't support the old and unsupported update-script. All roms should be using the new updater-script instead along with the relevant binary.

off topic anyway.

Only because the newer clockwork doesn't support the old and unsupported update-script. All roms should be using the new updater-script instead along with the relevant binary.

off topic anyway.

So the one with the binary is the new way? The ones with just a script are so much easier. The zip I uploaded uses the update-binary, so does that mean is shoud work with the newer clockwork? It works with whatever version I'm using.

Guest Matty-p
debug.sf.hw shouldnt matter. It will default to on if not specified.

I forgot to enable JIT. It is on in the pulse rom and working fine.

It won't boot with gralloc.msm7k and gets graphical glitches with copybit. The gralloc problem might be from the VMSPLIT change, maybe one from a different device will work. I'll try build one later and test it. The copybit problem was probably because of gralloc.

Wifi works fine for me. It probably won't work if you don't wipe data (the wpa_supplicant setup is a bit different).

sdcard has some strange issues. It probably wont work if you have a partitioned card, but at the moment it isnt working at all for me. It did work previously.

light work correctly for me.

sleeps fine for me.

Gralloc.msm7k is in my personal rom and working fine its from pauls r3 of 2.1 i can give y9u the file

yea my network is wpa2 so only works with no wipe

Guest kallt_kaffe

Tom, here's the only changed source files that should be needed with the latest ZTE source(20101210) to get it to compile. acpuclock.c really isn't needed unless you want to overclock but I included it for completeness. Actually the only thing needed is the fix for the LCD driver and camera.h but the touchscreen driver has the pressure changes I made which I believe is what you wanted.

(If this post looks confusing it's because Tom G PM:d me and wanted to have a look at the change I made to the touchscreen driver)

changedfiles.zip

Guest fonix232

Just a question, no offense intended!

But why don't you create a free repo with github where you can store the firmware files (extracted format, with update-script, etc) and the kernel source? It would be a lot easier to maintain!

EDIT:

Tried to run the latest Tom G alpha on a Hungarian Blade. Result:

- Phone halted on an upside-down text saying "ANDROID" (just like recovery in the first sec)

- DDMS gave this: 12-13 14:15:46.586: DEBUG/DHCP(1121): failed to set ip addr for wlan0 to 0.0.0.0: No such device

Edited by fonix232

Guest domenico lamberti

wayyyy to slow , before iput this on if i used advanced task killer i would have 300+ mb free ,with this is have 55 ! wtf now im trying to restore my previous 2.2 rom and its stuck on the green android

wayyyy to slow , before iput this on if i used advanced task killer i would have 300+ mb free ,with this is have 55 ! wtf now im trying to restore my previous 2.2 rom and its stuck on the green android

Don't do things unless you understand them, kthxbi.

wipe wipe wipe

Guest domenico lamberti

but this is the first time this has happened , i flashed a few ROM's whether they be 2.1 or 2.2 and they were all fine, but i resolved the problem any but now i have no signal anywhere and i cant go into the mobile network options,and am really confused

Guest domenico lamberti

but this is the first time this has happened , i flashed a few ROM's whether they be 2.1 or 2.2 and they were all fine, but i resolved the problem any but now i have no signal anywhere and i cant go into the mobile network options,and am really confused

Guest Matty-p

you did a double post and yea this is what he was saying when he said

" Don't do things unless you understand them, kthxbi." kinda proving HIS point not yours

Edited by Matty-p

Guest Matty-p
debug.sf.hw shouldnt matter. It will default to on if not specified.

I forgot to enable JIT. It is on in the pulse rom and working fine.

also your rom's build prop did have it specified but with 0 ie using the cpu all i did in the build prop for that was change it to one ie gpu . do you mean if it specified at 0 then it will default to 1 ?? thats certianly new in 2.3 ? are you sure ??

Guest domenico lamberti
you did a double post and yea this is what he was saying when he said

" Don't do things unless you understand them, kthxbi." kinda proving HIS point not yours

dont worry , my bad and i fixed it , problem solved mess over and yes after posting i realised it was a double pot and yes i realised that i proved his point , and i feel like an idiot :)

Guest Matty-p
So the one with the binary is the new way? The ones with just a script are so much easier. The zip I uploaded uses the update-binary, so does that mean is shoud work with the newer clockwork? It works with whatever version I'm using.

+1 the script was far esier

Guest Matty-p
dont worry , my bad and i fixed it , problem solved mess over and yes after posting i realised it was a double pot and yes i realised that i proved his point , and i feel like an idiot :)

apologies, im really sorry im not trying to have a go at you its just weve put about the ril (signal) and stuff so many times and to wipe first thats why we wern't all mega helpfull sorry

Edited by Matty-p

Guest domenico lamberti
apologies, im really sorry im not trying to have a go at you its just weve put about the ril (signal) and stuff so many times and to wipe first thats why we wern't all mega helpfull sorry

mate thats the one step i forgot to do i forgot to click wipe data and cache in ROM manager, like i said my bad and there is no need to apologise

Guest stephen m
mate thats the one step i forgot to do i forgot to click wipe data and cache in ROM manager, like i said my bad and there is no need to apologise

Matt-p, I downloaded your version of 2.3, flashed it, but on the home screen:-

no battery or signal indication, i.e ? on battery % x on signal

wont allow me to access any apps, i.e fades in/out

Any thoughts why this could be please ?

Guest Matty-p
Matt-p, I downloaded your version of 2.3, flashed it, but on the home screen:-

no battery or signal indication, i.e ? on battery % x on signal

wont allow me to access any apps, i.e fades in/out

Any thoughts why this could be please ?

ill get a fixed rom up later or just use toms ?

Edited by Matty-p

also your rom's build prop did have it specified but with 0 ie using the cpu all i did in the build prop for that was change it to one ie gpu . do you mean if it specified at 0 then it will default to 1 ?? thats certianly new in 2.3 ? are you sure ??

Look closer. Its commented out.

Not specifying debug.sf.hw should default to use hardware.

There are a few bugs in my rom that could be fixed, but this was really just to give ppl a preview of gingerbread and I think we have succeeded with that. It is not going to get much better with what we currently have available, so I will be putting my time into other projects until source is available. Once source is out I will do an AOSP build, but with the RIL problems I have had in every rom I have built from source I would expect the same in gingerbread.

There are a few bugs in my rom that could be fixed, but this was really just to give ppl a preview of gingerbread and I think we have succeeded with that. It is not going to get much better with what we currently have available, so I will be putting my time into other projects until source is available. Once source is out I will do an AOSP build, but with the RIL problems I have had in every rom I have built from source I would expect the same in gingerbread.

What are the RIL problems and how have you overcome them each time?

Guest Matty-p

Ok thanks youve done a exellent job would it be posible to stick the kernal souce on a free github for us really quickly or ftp or media fire it and ill sort out git? ? Thanks