Dell new official rom 8-12-2010

Guest jeffrey2000

Guest All3gro97
here's the changes to the prop files..

seperated into the folders they go in. you obviously need root to use them, and use adb push...

the files to remove are most of apks without odexes in system/app/ leave in those you find a use for

feel free to look at the files to check the changes.. I set the location to GB which may effect the swype but I'm not sure yet

EDIT

the local.prop is causing the swype (and settings) issues, delete all the media section out of that before pushing it if you want to use it otherwise ignore it, the other tweaks in local.prop increase network speed (FOR SOME NETWORKS, NOT ALL ) so its' not essential.

Fards I just used the build.prop alone and quad score on this build is 1286....

For the record I went from official 2.1 o2 to untouched 2.2 then to steves 1.4.6 then to this 318 after flashing your 309 recovery.

##edit Quad now 1423 no further mods made just ran quads after each other.

Edited by All3gro97

Fards I just used the build.prop alone and quad score on this build is 1286....

For the record I went from official 2.1 o2 to untouched 2.2 then to steves 1.4.6 then to this 318 after flashing your 309 recovery.

##edit Quad now 1423 no further mods made just ran quads after each other.

yup the sysctl edits should help with battery life..

Guest All3gro97
yup the sysctl edits should help with battery life..

Noted thanks. Just a question about that the sysctl.conf goes to /etc right........? Only it did not already exist under /etc on this build.........

Guest ashdragon
Noted thanks. Just a question about that the sysctl.conf goes to /etc right........? Only it did not already exist under /etc on this build.........

yeah that is correct, there is no old sysctl.conf in there for you to overwrite. That is how it should be.

Guest Sotiris Lekkas
here's the changes to the prop files..

seperated into the folders they go in. you obviously need root to use them, and use adb push...

the files to remove are most of apks without odexes in system/app/ leave in those you find a use for

feel free to look at the files to check the changes.. I set the location to GB which may effect the swype but I'm not sure yet

EDIT

the local.prop is causing the swype (and settings) issues, delete all the media section out of that before pushing it if you want to use it otherwise ignore it, the other tweaks in local.prop increase network speed (FOR SOME NETWORKS, NOT ALL ) so its' not essential.

Fards i replaced the original files with your modified ones and now web pages don't open. The wifi is connected OK but no page comes up. Also i cannot turn on 3g. Any ideas?

Edited by Sotiris Lekkas

Guest ashdragon
and the change to the init calls the file by using sysctl -p

Which i have only just noticed and just replaced that file too, so now maybe it will do something :)

Guest ashdragon

Fards, I remember reading somewhere about someone reducing the rate of scanning for Wifi networks or bluetooth devices ( ie when device searching for them , not during connection) and that it had a positive effect on battery life ( don't remember what devices this was for though). I vaguely remember that the scanning rates were actually fairly short, possibly unnecessarily so for most people.

Is this something you have looked into as part of the tweaking you do?

Would anyone be able to tell me if this ROM will work on an ATT locked Streak? I havent seen anyone post if this will work or not....trying to decide if I should go to Steve's 1.4.6 or this...

My phone is AT&T Locked Engineering Sample. I was not able to get unlcok code from AT&T. I installed DELL official 2.2 untouched(309). It worked fine,

and just upgraded to 318. Also it works fine. I don't like new DELL UI(theme), probably I should try Steve's 1.4.6 version or later version(after all fixes

are integrated in). So far I didn't encounter any problem. Noticed that browser redirect problem got fixed(can visit this website),

and 720p video record also got fixed in 318 build.

Edited by lchen5

I tried to upgrade Swype to the latest version and now it just FC's all the time. I made a Titanium Backup of the Swype version that came with the ROM but for some reason it will not restore. Does anyone have, or know how to get, a working version of Swype back on to the Streak with this 2.2 build??

Thanks.

UPDATE:

While version 2.15.56.14870 gives me nothing but FC's I found a 2.10 that works great.

Edited by EZ44

I tried to upgrade Swype to the latest version and now it just FC's all the time. I made a Titanium Backup of the Swype version that came with the ROM but for some reason it will not restore. Does anyone have, or know how to get, a working version of Swype back on to the Streak with this 2.2 build??

Thanks.

UPDATE:

While version 2.15.56.14870 gives me nothing but FC's I found a 2.10 that works great.

That'll be the the swype beta that swype say do not install if you have a preinstalled version already :)

I did think about completely scrubbing all reference to it and trying the latest beta tbh..because just because.. but I dont know if there would be enough difference to bother

Ok I got 2.5 beta working, layout is taking some getting used to in landscape, but I prefer it so far to the included version... Although it has hit 99% cpu a few times

To install, rename I just put xxxxxx in front of the file name s

swype.apk in system/app/

Libswypecore.so in system/lib/

deleted the swype dex file in data/dalvik-cache you could just clear the dalvik-cache

Rebooted, then ran the installer

The first time I didn't reboot and got loss of fc, so make sure you reboot

Edited by fards

Guest MrGPhantome
Try A factory reset, if not a reflash....

I tried it, but it still has the issue where landscape is completely upside down. When I lock it though, it just goes to Rightside up Landscape.

At least I can get into portrait mode, but maybe there is way to lock it in portrait?

I don't know, I might just deal with it since it's overall SO much better than 2.1 and 1.6.

Does anyone else have the orientation problem with 2.2 though? I can't be the only one.

I tried it, but it still has the issue where landscape is completely upside down. When I lock it though, it just goes to Rightside up Landscape.

At least I can get into portrait mode, but maybe there is way to lock it in portrait?

I don't know, I might just deal with it since it's overall SO much better than 2.1 and 1.6.

Does anyone else have the orientation problem with 2.2 though? I can't be the only one.

I've not seen anyone mention it yet except you, which is why I suspected a mis flash, have you installed any 3rd party apps that could do it, or restored a titanium backup that may have over written some libs our settings?

That'll be the the swype beta that swype say do not install if you have a preinstalled version already :)

I did think about completely scrubbing all reference to it and trying the latest beta tbh..because just because.. but I dont know if there would be enough difference to bother

Ok I got 2.5 beta working, layout is taking some getting used to in landscape, but I prefer it so far to the included version... Although it has hit 99% cpu a few times

To install, rename I just put xxxxxx in front of the file name s

swype.apk in system/app/

Libswypecore.so in system/lib/

deleted the swype dex file in data/dalvik-cache you could just clear the dalvik-cache

Rebooted, then ran the installer

The first time I didn't reboot and got loss of fc, so make sure you reboot

Thanks Fards. I did uninstall the previous version via Titanium Backup (and reboot) but I guess it doesn't actually delete all the files. I'll give this a try now.

UPDATE:

Worked perfectly!

Thanks.

Edited by EZ44

Guest any-mgzt
I have no answer but i have the additional question. Suppose if i updated to 2.2 version so can i use my O2 Dell Streak with other SIM card outside UK ?

Thanks... in advance

No it will not install on an O2 I tried it it gets so far and states "file mismatch" and reboots in 1.6

Installed this version and looks Stable and fast to me

Speed - no difference on regular use compared to Steves 1.4.6. I am not a gamer and dont usually go with the benchmarks as practical usability is more important for me.

Stability - Sometime gets a force close with market or some other apps. Very rare though.

Also have installed fards mods and battery meter with percentage.

Funny thing is the swype version that is pre installed in the rom is 2.8.50.12867 and the beta version from swype official website is still only at 2.15....

Funny thing is the swype version that is pre installed in the rom is 2.8.50.12867 and the beta version from swype official website is still only at 2.15....

If I read this right then I believe you may be a little confused. Swype 2.8 is an older version and Swype 2.15 is the newest version.

:)

Guest adzman808
Installed this version and looks Stable and fast to me

Speed - no difference on regular use compared to Steves 1.4.6. I am not a gamer and dont usually go with the benchmarks as practical usability is more important for me.

Stability - Sometime gets a force close with market or some other apps. Very rare though.

Also have installed fards mods and battery meter with percentage.

how does the sound (loudness) compare with 1.4.6? I know that dj_steve made the vol output louder in his rom, so wondered it compared against 318?

thanks in advance

Guest zAm1987

Just installed this version over the last official froyo version. Worked without problems.

Settings, Apps, etc are in the same state as before, so data wasn't wiped. Also I'm not experiencing any force closes, a factory reset is not needed as it seems.

If I read this right then I believe you may be a little confused. Swype 2.8 is an older version and Swype 2.15 is the newest version.

:)

I dont know which is older.

the rom version does show 2.8 and has all the features that is mentioned in the latest beta version. ( i am also a beta tester for swype)

how does the sound (loudness) compare with 1.4.6? I know that dj_steve made the vol output louder in his rom, so wondered it compared against 318?

thanks in advance

Dint notice anychange

Guest Sotiris Lekkas

Someone please help me with that. Fards tweaks do i have to just copy the files and replace the other ones with root explorer or do i have to do something else?