Dell new official rom 8-12-2010

Guest jeffrey2000

Short Question: Are there other ways to root 318 besides SuperOneClick? I'm asking, because SuperOneClick doesn't work for me, even after trying the hints in the top-level 'executive summary' post on top of the SuperOneClick-thread. Before digging through the full 150+page thread, i'd like to ask, if there is a shortcut :)

Btw, I assume my SuperOneClick-problems to be SuperOneClick-related, so I won't pollute this thread with details. Maybe someone found a different way, which conveniently works for me.

rooting is essential to me, as I need to restore stuff with Titanium Backup and of course apply Fard's patches, which already served me well on 309.

Any Ideas?

Regards

tweyer

Guest Texaspledge
Short Question: Are there other ways to root 318 besides SuperOneClick? I'm asking, because SuperOneClick doesn't work for me, even after trying the hints in the top-level 'executive summary' post on top of the SuperOneClick-thread. Before digging through the full 150+page thread, i'd like to ask, if there is a shortcut :)

Btw, I assume my SuperOneClick-problems to be SuperOneClick-related, so I won't pollute this thread with details. Maybe someone found a different way, which conveniently works for me.

rooting is essential to me, as I need to restore stuff with Titanium Backup and of course apply Fard's patches, which already served me well on 309.

Any Ideas?

Regards

tweyer

The latest version of super one click didn't work for me either. I chose the second to last version and it them worked for me.

Guest ashdragon
Thanks man. Thats all i needed to know. For battery saving how do you have your setup? Do you use any software to help you with this? How about GPS and 3G? do you have those two disabled?

Nah no software or anything like that, not yet anyway.

If by 3G you mean data I only turn it on when i want to use it, as most places i have Wifi access. GPS i have left on but it only comes on when needed anyway.

Tweyer,

I think there are other ways but they are more complicated and as i got Superoneclick to work i haven't done much else.

This is what worked for me:

get the latest version (1.5.5) from that megathread , make sure USB debuggin is left on (ignore the stuff about turning it off and on etc) and hit root, seems to have worked on mine ok

I did then have some trouble with Titanium root - it complained that i didn't have root access yet other aps that required root like Adfree went on and worked fine.

I found pressing the "problems" button on Titanium prompted me to download and install a "known good" version of busybox which then allowed Titanium to work fine.

Edited by ashdragon

Guest gwmanning

Thanks to everybody involved on here! I now have 2.2 on my US locked streak and I am loving it. I was also able to get 2.2 on my friends "bricked" streak by searching around on here! You guys rock!

I also have 2.2 v 318 installed and rock solid for my use. The only issue seen so far is the market force closes sometimes. Speed and performance at par or even better than with steve s 1.5

I also have 2.2 v 318 installed and rock solid for my use. The only issue seen so far is the market force closes sometimes. Speed and performance at par or even better than with steve s 1.5

How is everyones battery life been on this build?.... Today was my first day at work with it syncing exchange and gmail account. No twitter syncinv or anything else syncing in background. Made six phone calls totalling 45 mins and made it to 9:00pm with 31 percent left. Not to bad considering....

Only issues I have..

1. Lock screen oreintation is annoying...cant change to landscape.

2. Pin code screen is sad. To damn small buttons...would be better if in portait.

Great otherwise.performance vs battery life is dead on.

Guest ashdragon

Didn't really give the stock build a chance with the battery to see what it was really like.

Played around with it for a few hours and it did seem to chew through the battery faster than I would have thought but I can't be sure whether that was anything to do with the build having issues or me restoring everything back onto the phone after the update ( factory reset).

Since i put the tweaked files on i think it has been improved though.

Guest luckyauto
Hey all, any chance someone wants to post a dump of the 318 system.img?

Thanks in Advance

hi , can anyone let us know is the rebel sim unlock card work with this official rom 2.2 ( 318 Built ? )

for Locked UK O2 dell streak and Locked Atnt Dell streak

any version of rebel sim ? v1.2 or v1.3 beta,

is look like this official 318 , getting good feedback compare to any build and even customised rom

thank in advance

Edited by luckyauto

Guest matheprat

Could someone give me a bit of help with upgrading an O2 locked Streak from my current 2.2 version (Baseband GAUSB1A130900-EU build number 11548) to this? I bought my handset off eBay, so I'm not sure exactly what has been done to it before. Is it just a case of downloading the update directly onto my handset and running it from there? I have heard this works fine with unlocked handsets, but mine is definitely locked to O2.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If anyone is having battery issue on this build I have found disabling wifi has really helped. Not sure why, but it seems wifi really drains the battery. Not a huge issue for me but just wanted to mention it.

Guest zAm1987

I have tested this build with fards tweaks for a few days now and I must say I'm really impressed of fards tweaks.

Battery Life is just unbelievable now.

Currently my Streak was unplugged 37 hours ago and was used (nothing hardcore though) over this time with everything turned on except bluetooth, changing between 3g and wifi a lot (wifi @ university, wifi @ home, wifi @ friends home), browsing websites, using foursquare, twitter and so on and it's still 40% power left.

With the same usage pattern on the untweaked build (was 315 and not 318 though) i had to plug it in every night because it just survived ~26 hours !

I haven't expected such an increase in battery life and, again, have to say I'm really impressed.

Thanks again, fards :)

Guest adzman808

pretty impressed so far...

fards has basically fixed it :)

it's kinda lame w/out his tweaks

i noticed that drm player wasn't worked, but was able to fix it, everything else works fine, so far...

my only tiny gripe (so far) is that the camera has flash off/on & i'm sure (....) that steve's build had on/off/AUTO

which was better...

Guest ashdragon

Yep so far i have been really impressed with mine as well since using the modded files.

Had a couple of occasions where the phone seemed to have rebooted or something but gets stuck on the Dell logo ( have to remove the battery). Not sure what's going on there but i removed a few apps that i had tried before i experienced these issues and so far it hasn't come back.

Only other really minor bug i have noticed is that the zoom sometime seems unresponsive in the Camera App the first time i open it, ie the little slider used to adjust it doesn't seem to work. If i back out of the app and go back in it's fine. Also doesn't seem all that responsive when used with Camera360 so dunno what's going on but it really is only a minor annoyance.

Can someone link to the post with fards tweaks please?

I was wondering the same thing....if anyone could post these it would be great. I looked around the forum and haven't found them...

I have tested this build with fards tweaks for a few days now and I must say I'm really impressed of fards tweaks.

Battery Life is just unbelievable now.

Currently my Streak was unplugged 37 hours ago and was used (nothing hardcore though) over this time with everything turned on except bluetooth, changing between 3g and wifi a lot (wifi @ university, wifi @ home, wifi @ friends home), browsing websites, using foursquare, twitter and so on and it's still 40% power left.

With the same usage pattern on the untweaked build (was 315 and not 318 though) i had to plug it in every night because it just survived ~26 hours !

I haven't expected such an increase in battery life and, again, have to say I'm really impressed.

Thanks again, fards :)

I find those numbers odd because i do almost the same usage pattern, and applied fards tweaks to my instance of 318 and barely noticed a difference. battery life still only lasts me a day.

I find those numbers odd because i do almost the same usage pattern, and applied fards tweaks to my instance of 318 and barely noticed a difference. battery life still only lasts me a day.

It still depends on your signal strength.

Weak 2G/3G/WiFi signal, need to use more power.

Guest zAm1987

Interesting...

Maybe you installed an app/widget that syncs alot in the background and uses a lot of power. And as AuiR said, signal strength could be a factor, too.

I have removed all unwanted apps that were preinstalled from the rom (including stage launcher and all the stage widgets) and use adw as a launcher. Don't know if this makes a difference...

Actually I'm on 2 days and 6 hours / 54 hours with 18% left. Of course there's a now a long standy phase time in this time span, because I did not use the streak while asleep ^^

Guest adzman808
Also doesn't seem all that responsive when used with Camera360 so dunno what's going on but it really is only a minor annoyance.

i gave cam 360 a try last night, but the 2.2 notification bar obscures the settings options from 360...

same for you?

Guest ashdragon
i gave cam 360 a try last night, but the 2.2 notification bar obscures the settings options from 360...

same for you?

Well the settings on Camera 360 are right up the top where the notification bar would be, but when running Camera 360 it operates in full screen for me so the notification bar isn't present to get in the way, so no issues with that.

Have you got some sort of setting that keeps the notification bay "always on top" or something?

Does anyone know why DELL aren't pushing this version out through the Mobile Update page ?

My Streak (Unlocked UK model) got the 315 update a few weeks ago - but there's no sign of this 318 build yet !

I just wanted to report back, I installed advanced task killer and set it to kill all uneeded programs every 15 mins. It has really helped and now my streaks last 1.5 days with exchange sync and gmail and seesmic running every 10 minutes. I might still try Steves 1.5 not sure.