Dell new official rom 8-12-2010

Guest jeffrey2000

Guest adzman808
Interesting.....

So if i am running the 318 Version i should be able to just download the 319 O2 version, stick it on SD and apply it?

You mention your tweaks will just work as is, so thats good.

Any chance you can elaborate on what bugs you do and don't have with his build? Overall i have been pretty happy with 318 but if 319 is superior as you mentioned then i'm willing to give it a go.

Hi Fards

+1 one these questions...

the other thing i'm curious about is the comment RE smokus 318 tweaks not working on the 319 (but ur tweaks do work on the 319)

as far as i can tell (.....i'm trying to think for myself again... uh-oh...) smoku's tweaks are 'your' mods + a new busybox + Steve's overclockable kernel.... (??)

so if your mods work on 319 & smokus dont, then is it the kernel/BBox that's not working (on smokus mods)?

in which case my question wud be, so what would be better, 318 with an overclock or 319 w/out?

i would just suck this & see (honest) but i'm at my folks house w/out my pc & streak files & mrs adzman is back 2moro so phone playtime is gonna be curtailed :(

Cheers as ever,

Guest adzman808
Guys First Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all,and sorry I'm late for the party but is flu season here because of the weather and My office is pack to many common cold,but now to the fun and this is the situation I try to fix Fards 318 tweaks,I try to push or copy the files using ddms(build.prop & sysctl.conf) but I think I do wrong because I don't see nothing happens or Change,second I don't know were to push init.streak.post_boot.sh(like for example the the build.prop goes in system or if using root explorer you open system you can see the build.prop)I is possible can some one point me(the new guy)to the correct steps to do this.Thanks Guys and again Happy Hollidays.

merry xmas to u to!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848487

the above link has very similar tweaks to those that you're trying to apply here but may be easier for you to install...

the above mods requires clockwork recovery, you flash clockW, then apply the .zip u downloaded by booting into clockW & selecting the .zp & the tweaks are applied for you.

if after reading the above, you say "what is clockwork" then please take a look at the sticky threads on this forum or use the (far FAR) superior (to modaco) search function on xda

to apply the tweaks from THIS post you'll need to route your streak

type superconeclick into google & download the latest version

root your streak

i used a combination of root expl & astro to copy n paste the contents of fards build.prop over the original file

but then i was spoon fed some basic adb instructions & did the other tweaks using that

you could PROBABLY use root expl & astro to do all this, by using root to open all the permissions on the files you're changing & then copy/pasting fards ones over the top

(i'd change the perms back after you'd finished, so make a note of what file had what rights)

as you can probaly tell, i'm VERY new to this & not that good at it..... but as a community i think we place a lot of requests for help on a very few individuals & i'd like to try & share what i've picked up to save the other guys time a little...

also irc #dellstreak is a very friendly & helpful place, it's helped me loads

good luck :(

Hi Fards

+1 one these questions...

the other thing i'm curious about is the comment RE smokus 318 tweaks not working on the 319 (but ur tweaks do work on the 319)

as far as i can tell (.....i'm trying to think for myself again... uh-oh...) smoku's tweaks are 'your' mods + a new busybox + Steve's overclockable kernel.... (??)

so if your mods work on 319 & smokus dont, then is it the kernel/BBox that's not working (on smokus mods)?

in which case my question wud be, so what would be better, 318 with an overclock or 319 w/out?

i would just suck this & see (honest) but i'm at my folks house w/out my pc & streak files & mrs adzman is back 2moro so phone playtime is gonna be curtailed :(

Cheers as ever,

Yup the boot.img doesn't work....

I've tried the 318 version from smoku as well as well, that didn't boot either, I suspect the init is different in the 319 rom, and may need changing to get the boot img working... but I haven't checked too closely, not got much time at the mo

Edited by fards

Guest Wonsanim
merry xmas to u to!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848487

the above link has very similar tweaks to those that you're trying to apply here but may be easier for you to install...

the above mods requires clockwork recovery, you flash clockW, then apply the .zip u downloaded by booting into clockW & selecting the .zp & the tweaks are applied for you.

if after reading the above, you say "what is clockwork" then please take a look at the sticky threads on this forum or use the (far FAR) superior (to modaco) search function on xda

to apply the tweaks from THIS post you'll need to route your streak

type superconeclick into google & download the latest version

root your streak

i used a combination of root expl & astro to copy n paste the contents of fards build.prop over the original file

but then i was spoon fed some basic adb instructions & did the other tweaks using that

you could PROBABLY use root expl & astro to do all this, by using root to open all the permissions on the files you're changing & then copy/pasting fards ones over the top

(i'd change the perms back after you'd finished, so make a note of what file had what rights)

as you can probaly tell, i'm VERY new to this & not that good at it..... but as a community i think we place a lot of requests for help on a very few individuals & i'd like to try & share what i've picked up to save the other guys time a little...

also irc #dellstreak is a very friendly & helpful place, it's helped me loads

good luck :(

Hi adzman and many thanks for you help,talking about he link from XDA the method to apply the tweak looks more simpler but I like to hear your recommendation in wish way works better because you tell me that you are very new to this & not that good but I think in the opposite way I think you are capable enough and more than that you have this brotherhood feeling for the community and this is enough for me to follow you and remember here the new guy & with poor knowledge is me ;) ;) ;) and again thanks My friend ;)

Guest adzman808

no problems :(

well the clockw/zip method will give u the ability to over clock the streak, which is nice...

but the actual way of making the tweaked files arrive on the streak is not important as long as they arrive on the streak

if ur comfy with clockw, then perhaps this (ie flash the zip file) is easiest

HTH?

Guest Wonsanim
no problems :(

well the clockw/zip method will give u the ability to over clock the streak, which is nice...

but the actual way of making the tweaked files arrive on the streak is not important as long as they arrive on the streak

if ur comfy with clockw, then perhaps this (ie flash the zip file) is easiest

HTH?

Let me be clear to see if I'm correct:

1.Put the perf-update 3.18.1 in My SD card

2.Flash 2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery using fastboot (where to find the cwr 2.5.0.1)

3.Install update zip using recovery

and thats all ;)

Guest Wonsanim
I try to find 2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery but till the moment can't,I just find 1.8.1.7 :(

Ok I find this one in one of Paul's post but Fards replay like is not correct? "Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 repack for 2.1 devices"

Link

Edited by Wonsanim

Guest Wonsanim
Ok I find this one in one of Paul's post but Fards replay like is not correct? "Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1 repack for 2.1 devices"

Link

Ok I find this one now "Koush's recovery 2.0.5.1" is this one?

Link

Guest adzman808

really not sure tbh...

the OP on xda (smoku) suggests "2.Flash 2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery using fastboot"

this is what i mean when i say i am new at this... i can follow the instructions & even relay them to other ppl, but things don't work i get lost....

edit:

i just attached a pdf (NOT created by me) that got me started...

ur post was correct,

install clockw

boot into clockw

select menu options to apply zip update (by chosing from sd card) & select the 318.1 tweaks zip

What_you_need_to_know_about_the_Dell_Streak___PDF.pdf

Edited by adzman808

Guest Wonsanim
really not sure tbh...

the OP on xda (smoku) suggests "2.Flash 2.5.0.1-streak-clockworkrecovery using fastboot"

this is what i mean when i say i am new at this... i can follow the instructions & even relay them to other ppl, but things don't work i get lost....

edit:

i just attached a pdf (NOT created by me) that got me started...

ur post was correct,

install clockw

boot into clockw

select menu options to apply zip update (by chosing from sd card) & select the 318.1 tweaks zip

If I'm not wrong means my device already have this after I flash from 1.6 AT&T to 1.6 O2 to 2.1 O2 to 2.2 309 BB00 to 2.2 318 BB00.is this correct? and sorry for all this questions :(

Guest Wonsanim
Thanks downloading the cwr 2.5.0.1 ;)

Ok let see if I do correct now everything is the same but I have 2.6.32.9-Dj_Steve-BFS-BFQ-OC-Vol Kernel version

but interesting I cant run quadrant standard is like don't like to start :( some one with the same situation or how to fix. ;)

Guest synaptic.flaws
Ok let see if I do correct now everything is the same but I have 2.6.32.9-Dj_Steve-BFS-BFQ-OC-Vol Kernel version

but interesting I cant run quadrant standard is like don't like to start :( some one with the same situation or how to fix. ;)

silly question but you are using portrait mode?

Guest Wonsanim
silly question but you are using portrait mode?

My Device is in landscape but QS is in portrait when try to run switch to landscape and back to portrait but do not run :(

Guest Wonsanim

Ok My first report on this The Browser do not do till the moment any redirection,No Lags till the moment also and I can't do to many test but I fell the device much faster something strange the battery is going very fast I don't know if need to do something but the battery is not lasting more is the same or dry faster. :(

Guest Wonsanim

Ok fix the Quadrant Standard problem and have two very nice results in the first 1587 and in the second 1545.but still have problem with the battery continue dry very fast some ideas guys :(

Ok fix the Quadrant Standard problem and have two very nice results in the first 1587 and in the second 1545.but still have problem with the battery continue dry very fast some ideas guys :(

I tried these 318 tweaks and 1.5.1 Streakdroid - they gave me better Quadrant results but, to tell you the truth, i was happy with stock performance on my 318 build.

So i reverted to 318 and used only init script from smokku tweaks - this file is supposed to enchance your battery life.

I also rooted the device and am using SetCpu to lower CPU to 254Mhz when the screen goes off.

Maybe try this out.

Guest Wonsanim
I tried these 318 tweaks and 1.5.1 Streakdroid - they gave me better Quadrant results but, to tell you the truth, i was happy with stock performance on my 318 build.

So i reverted to 318 and used only init script from smokku tweaks - this file is supposed to enchance your battery life.

I also rooted the device and am using SetCpu to lower CPU to 254Mhz when the screen goes off.

Maybe try this out.

Thanks betono :(